[Q] Unlock code not working

Search This thread

DarkW12

Feb 18, 2013
I have entered the unlock code I received from AT&T and it tells me the request was unsuccesful. Any ideas as to why this might happen?

DarkW12

Feb 18, 2013
I downgraded to 2.3.4 and manged to unlock it via root and program. Is there a way to update to 4.0.4 again without losing sim unlock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

sqkid89

Jul 8, 2010
I was also slightly reluctant to go the app route to unlock the sim on mine, especially since the "legit" way seemed to be trouble free. On 4.0.4, I used #7465625*638*# to bring up the sim unlock prompt, worked without a hitch.

The AT&T rep also noted to me that you get 5 attempts before its permanently locked? any truth to that?

nycmalu

Apr 5, 2008
I originally posted this in the AOKP thread, since that's what I am currently running. I'll just paste what I had there for now.

Well, I'll be out of the country for a month or so, and I called AT&T to get the unlock code, which they gave to me after a few minutes of discussion as to why I needed it. However, putting it in yielded no results. I asked earlier (maybe in a different thread) if running an aftermarket ROM would have any effect, and I was told it would not. Was I told something wrong?

After doing some research, it seems that AOSP based ROMs seem to have issues with unlock codes. I'd rather not downgrade all the way back to stock, so if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, I'd appreciate it.

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
Which rom did you use to upgrade to JellyBean? I have seen a few of them but don't know which one to use, plus will I be able to unlock the phone?

Shostock3. The current version is v2.5.1. Don't know about unlock. I am already unlocked officially by the vendor.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

DarkW12

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah I finally managed to unlock it. I entered the MCC/MNC number for the SIM I am using and it worked. But you need the unlock code to add them. I will post the steps later.

[Edit]
Here are the steps I followed:

1. Turn the phone Wi-Fi OFF and then turn device ON without SIM card.
2. Type *7465625*638*#
3. You will see the NETWORK LOCK screen
4. In MCC/MNC field, enter MCC/MNC code for the provider you want to use. (example: enter 310260 if you want to use this phone for T-mobile USA Sim Card; 310410 or 310380 for AT&T). Check this link for complete MCCMNC for your provider: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code (It is very important to try all the MCC/MNC code if your New Sim Card Network has more than one code)
5. In CONTROL KEY field, enter the Unlock Code
6. Press OK
7. You should get a message: LOCK SUCCESSFUL
8. Turn off your phone, insert your New Network Sim Card and power ON. The phone should be unlocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: moab_b2

AlmasSD

Nov 3, 2012
Nizhnii Novgorod
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi 12
Yeah I finally managed to unlock it. I entered the MCC/MNC number for the SIM I am using and it worked. But you need the unlock code to add them. I will post the steps later.

[Edit]

2. Type *7465625*638*#
4. In MCC/MNC field, enter MCC/MNC code for the provider you want to use. (example: enter 310260 if you want to use this phone for T-mobile USA Sim Card; 310410 or 310380 for AT&T). Check this link for complete MCCMNC for your provider: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code (It is very important to try all the MCC/MNC code if your New Sim Card Network has more than one code)
6. Press OK
8. Turn off your phone, insert your New Network Sim Card and power ON. The phone should be unlocked.

doesnt work! use next all MCC/MNC310- 980/560/380/150/ 990/680

Reactions: bajoagua

Roanna

Dec 1, 2011

[Edit]

2. Type *7465625*638*#
6. Press OK

This worked for me... but I didn't have a new SIM to switch too yet, so just put in the AT&T MCC/MNC and popped my SIM back in. Does this mean it's unlocked for all possible future networks now? Or do I need to do this process and put in a new MCC/MNC each time I switch to a different SIM?

cinnabar

May 6, 2012
KY
This worked for me... but I didn't have a new SIM to switch too yet, so just put in the AT&T MCC/MNC and popped my SIM back in. Does this mean it's unlocked for all possible future networks now? Or do I need to do this process and put in a new MCC/MNC each time I switch to a different SIM?

I would just order an off network SIM off Amazon for 50 cents. I called AT&T yesterday and asked for the code so once I got the SIM from Amzn I just shoved it in the phone and when it asks for the unlock put it in and voila! Btw... once a phone has been successfully unlocked (at least through legit methods) it is permanent and the IMEI should be able to be recognized across all compatible networks worldwide.

Mantic.Mantix

May 7, 2013
This took awhile but It worked!! My phone was hard locked too.

[Edit]

2. Type *7465625*638*#
4. In MCC/MNC field, enter MCC/MNC code for the provider you want to use. (example: enter 310260 if you want to use this phone for T-mobile USA Sim Card; 310410 or 310380 for AT&T). Check this link for complete MCCMNC for your provider: (It is very important to try all the MCC/MNC code if your New Sim Card Network has more than one code)
6. Press OK

:eek: Thanks a Million. was about to
AT&T had gave me the wrong code the first time (because I had 2 gs2's on my account. And after 5 attempts !!! It locks and will not accept any code. Only get Unlock unsuccessful. Then the CS agent goes, OH you have 2 phones, Well here is the code you need "BUT" its hard locked now and can't be taken off AT&T's network because you made two many wrong attempts.

Thanks again :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[Edit]

2. Type *7465625*638*#
    6. Press OK

[Edit]

2. Type *7465625*638*#
    6. Press OK

doesnt work! use next all MCC/MNC310- 980/560/380/150/ 990/680