Whats next....?

Search This thread

kaassaus

Mar 28, 2011
I've put the device config for ICS up on GitHub, so anyone that wants to can build from it. You can also get a prebuilt version of it here: http://www.multiupload.com/1Y14642PG0 (I'm not bothering making a new thread for it). It should be ok enough to poke around in. Consider it some kind of Christmas gift. :p

I have seen this yesterday and i was very happy with it but arco i have not a lot experience but what do you can do with these files.
Ps: do you have a zip with the work that you have done?
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

kaassaus

Mar 28, 2011
PS: Did you try reading the entire post?

Oh now i see sorry.
I have read to fast.
Iam going to try :)

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

repport: random reboots.

Last edited:

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Make sure you've completely wiped everything before installing. I've had it installed for a couple of days, and no reboots.

kaassaus

Mar 28, 2011
Make sure you've completely wiped everything before installing. I've had it installed for a couple of days, and no reboots.

oke i will do that now qeustion what is not working and is it posible to get tha radio app from cm7 to this rom?

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

i have wiped everthin but still random reboots i will make a logcat

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

here is the logcat arco:http://www.multiupload.com/WWVW3F7C75

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

i know the probleme my simcard when i have pulled the simcard oyt my wildfire no reboots arco how can i solve this?

Last edited:

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
This was the last place I expected a ICS build to pop up in. Thanks Arco! Will be trying and hopefully using this as my daily driver, depending what's working in it. My Christmas is now complete. :D

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
I hadn't actually tested with a sim card in it yet, but I did right now. No reboots with it mounted, but the phone app crashes for me when making calls. Not sure why yet. Also camera and radio doesn't work. There's issues with things like the gallery etc and the graphics in general, because Google removed support for non-GPU devices.

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
I hadn't actually tested with a sim card in it yet, but I did right now. No reboots with it mounted, but the phone app crashes for me when making calls. Not sure why yet. Also camera and radio doesn't work. There's issues with things like the gallery etc and the graphics in general, because Google removed support for non-GPU devices.

Worked fine after coming from oxygen. Installed go keyboard and some apparently. General performance is good. Haven't tested data because I have no credit for data. It's worthy of it's own thread, at least I think so. Good work Arco. Found my new daily driver.

Sent from my Wildfire using XDA App

Reactions: dud3me

kaassaus

Mar 28, 2011
Worked fine after coming from oxygen. Installed go keyboard and some apparently. General performance is good. Haven't tested data because I have no credit for data. It's worthy of it's own thread, at least I think so. Good work Arco. Found my new daily driver.

Justice is phone signal working
On your wildfire?
Ps: bugs
Youtube works but dont playing a video.
Music app dont see my music on sd.
Btw the performance is on my device better than gingerbread.

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
Justice is phone signal working
On your wildfire?
Ps: bugs
Youtube works but dont playing a video.
Music app dont see my music on sd.
Btw the performance is on my device better than gingerbread.

Yes, I get signal. Video playback might not work because of no hardware acceleration. Music works fine for me, including playback. Open the music folder with the file manager then with music app. Oh and by the way, merry Christmas cheesesauce. :D

kaassaus

Mar 28, 2011
Yes, I get signal. Video playback might not work because of no hardware acceleration. Music works fine for me, including playback. Open the music folder with the file manager then with music app. Oh and by the way, merry Christmas cheesesauce. :D

You to mery christmas:)
Vrolijk kerstmis (in dutch)

zephyri-xr

May 10, 2010
Karabuk
My choice would be high-end devices of well-known manifacturers, like xperia Ray, Sensation XE, Galaxy Note etc. or keeping Wildfire and getting a badass Tablet if I had an income other than my parents.

bpye

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Nice work arco, what's it's current state of functionality?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've put the device config for ICS up on GitHub, so anyone that wants to can build from it. You can also get a prebuilt version of it here: http://www.multiupload.com/1Y14642PG0 (I'm not bothering making a new thread for it). It should be ok enough to poke around in. Consider it some kind of Christmas gift. :p
    My dear friends

I know that I'm suppose to do it in an new thread, but this is just a quicky:
    - latest build (checkout the new options for het launcher)
    All that other stuff that didn't work (camera, gmail, ..) will not work as well.

For the issue of the keyboard going wrong: I modified gapps a bit so it uses our ICS keyboard now. As far as I can see (market etc) all is working fine, with the correct keyboard.
    - download the modified gapps
    - note that this, sadly, won't fix gmail to open up mails.
    - please inform me when a new version of gapps is available so I can adapt mine.

And now I'm going off this forum for the rest of the day, stupid exams :p
    All the best,
    Erwin

EDIT
    I believe that you can just flash this modified gapps over the old one, no need to whipe everything. Try it, but if it doesn't work (i.e. if the portrait keyboard still doesn't fit), whipe everything and flash this modified gapps.
    In case I haven't mentioned it already, I just like to state that there won't be an official version of CM9 for the Wildfire. The issues of having no GPU, is practically impossible to overcome. I'll still be pushing some stuff to my github from time to time, but all my focus is now on the Galaxy W. And I'll tell you right away, ICS on a device having a GPU is sooo much better than on a device without it. Time to move on folks! :)
    I'm thinking in moving to Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    What do you think guys, is it a good choice or there are better choices in the same price range?

but first am waiting to CM9, after that i will take the decision.

Arco, any good news about CM9??
    Not so good news I'm afraid. Although it's not so much of a problem getting most of the hardware to work (except camera which all devices struggle with atm), the biggest problem for us is that Google has completely removed all support in the source for non-GPU devices. Even in Gingerbread we had to rely on hacks to make the ui smooth, but these hacks are not easy to implement in ICS due to lot's of code removed. I've managed to forward port some of it, but it's far from perfect. A lot better than without it, but still not as smooth as in Gingerbread. There's also something weird with the color space in Android now, which I guess is because it expects and uses graphics capabilities we don't have. For example gradients look like crap, like they are shown in 8 bit mode or something. Unless someone are able to fix it, I don't expect there will be a CM9 for the Wildfire. Almost all of the top coders are working on the high-end devices and probably doesn't give a crap, so I'm not optimistic.
    Sorry guys, didn't know that there where others interested.There are still quite some lags, and the updates for buzz aren't much preformance speeding, last time I checked.
    The build is started, but it takes some time on my old laptop. As I'm having examen today, I will not be able to upload it untill this evening. But you will hear from me again ;-)

Wish me luck today :)
    Erwin

Edit: I was confusing myself :p here you:
    http://www.multiupload.com/4QGT5ZIL5E

Don't know if it works, haven't been able to test it myself.