[Q] which rom to flash with stock kernel?

Search This thread

inc188

Sep 9, 2011
hi everyone

can some please tell me which rom i can flash on my stock arc gb kernel?

my arc has a locked bootloader so all of the options i have tried bricked my phone. as it turns out i should be looking for roms with stock kernel. i did a search but that gave me 18 pages of words wit stock kernel

i appreciate your help

thanks

smartarse93

Apr 1, 2012
Just so everyone knows the details from the original thread.

hi everyone

i got a sony arc lt15a with a locked bootloader

i have got root and installed the CWM auto installer

i have tried to install some the ICS roms from the recovery screen but phone just hangs at Sony ericsson screen and does nothing. i was able to recover no problem.

i was wondering, what roms can i flash that will work? it can be ics or even a leaner version of gb that will work smoothly

thank you kindly,

ICS and GB roms have different kernels so before you try to use install the rom from CWM make sure you have installed the correct kernel. I'm not too sure what options are available anymore for locked bootloaders because most roms now incorporate tweaks that aren't supported by them. I would just take a look around the dev section for ROM, if they don't specify they need a unlocked bootloader then drop the dev a mail asking.

inc188

Sep 9, 2011
Thank you

It honestly looks like every single rom I have come across requires unlocked boot loader. That why I thought I would if some one has seen something specific

Basically I want a leaner and smoother rom then the current Sony one

cdkane

Apr 5, 2012
Thank you

It honestly looks like every single rom I have come across requires unlocked boot loader. That why I thought I would if some one has seen something specific

Basically I want a leaner and smoother rom then the current Sony one

Best one I found was the t.e.a.m stock from for 2011 xperia devices. Also installed the xperia big pack theme from the theme section. Looks and performs great man. I am also on a locked boot loader for now but am very happy with the look and feel of this

inc188

Sep 9, 2011
Best one I found was the t.e.a.m stock from for 2011 xperia devices. Also installed the xperia big pack theme from the theme section. Looks and performs great man. I am also on a locked boot loader for now but am very happy with the look and feel of this

thanks alot. i tried the theme pack but somethings werent working. like the contacts app. so went back to stock