Laser Etched cover - Shout-out to Gruver Concepts

Search This thread

farmerwill

Feb 25, 2011
Curious if you guys can do the back door for sprint and if so how much would prices be to sketch a phrase in?

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

utcu

Dec 24, 2011
nj
I just put in a custom cover order after I realized I've been had by omie on his indiegogo project. Great guys to deal with. Helped me out after a bad situation and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll be sure to post pictures after it arrives.

Reactions: phaze one

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
I just put in a custom cover order after I realized I've been had by omie on his indiegogo project. Great guys to deal with. Helped me out after a bad situation and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll be sure to post pictures after it arrives.

What happened? Did he just take your money and you never heard from him again sort of deal?

Zer0_Cool

Mar 14, 2010
Philadelphia
Wow, didn't realize that 0mie was scamming people. I thought it was kind of odd when he PM'd me when I first started making my template asking for it, saying his was almost done and he wanted to compare them...I told him to just wait until I finished since I was making a thread so that EVERYONE could use it.

March 1

0mie said:
I'm almost done with mine. I did it from scratch before the icons were released. Mind sending me what you have to compare?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I got the icons from the android design developers blog, so I'm fairly certain they've been there as long as ICS has existed.

0mie said:
Mind sending the vector image?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
0mie said:
no worries...I need vector images to print or the design comes out like garbage, so I will work on mine some more :)

It's about done, just making final preps to print the sample ;)

Last edited:

utcu

Dec 24, 2011
nj
What happened? Did he just take your money and you never heard from him again sort of deal?

He took my $65 contribution for a battery cover and spare battery, as well as many others' contributions and disappeared. The last I heard from him was over a month ago. He sent out an email saying some of the covers were done and that he was working on others and if anyone needed to get a hold of him to contact him through his site. (andetch.com)

As of a week or so ago, the site is no longer active, indiegogo and paypal have pretty much told all of us we're SOL, and people who were told their doors "were shipped" never received them. Both of the sites he operates from have been taken down and no one can contact him on his Google+ page either. I would never talk negatively on someone without good reason and I'm not sure if maybe he had something come up and couldn't follow through with the project but any type of response or refund would be nice. Here's the original project page with comments from many other unhappy contributors. http://www.indiegogo.com/Galaxy-Nexus-Laser-Etched-Doors?c=comments

It's very awesome how Gruverdesigns is helping all of us out. Dealing with them has been a great pleasure thus far. They actually respond to messages. ;)

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
He took my $65 contribution for a battery cover and spare battery, as well as many others' contributions and disappeared. The last I heard from him was over a month ago. He sent out an email saying some of the covers were done and that he was working on others and if anyone needed to get a hold of him to contact him through his site. (andetch.com)

As of a week or so ago, the site is no longer active, indiegogo and paypal have pretty much told all of us we're SOL, and people who were told their doors "were shipped" never received them. Both of the sites he operates from have been taken down and no one can contact him on his Google+ page either. I would never talk negatively on someone without good reason and I'm not sure if maybe he had something come up and couldn't follow through with the project but any type of response or refund would be nice. Here's the original project page with comments from many other unhappy contributors. http://www.indiegogo.com/Galaxy-Nexus-Laser-Etched-Doors?c=comments

It's very awesome how Gruverdesigns is helping all of us out. Dealing with them has been a great pleasure thus far. They actually respond to messages. ;)

I had a feeling that his prices were to high to get some of those done, which is why I didnt give any money to the cause, but if he quality was any good then maybe I would have ended up buying one.

Anywho sucks that he just disappeared like that. Sorry to hear about it.

phaze one

Jan 27, 2011
Seattle
can something like this be done on the back?

I loved those zune engraving they did looked so good

Would be awesome if the one from Docomo could be replicated

BrianDigital - If a better image can be found of the zune etching, which is pretty awesome btw, it's definitely a possibility we can etch that for you as a custom design.

HCDroid - I've done a design of our own which was influenced by the docomo limited edition. I'll post pics when we engrave the image. They'll also be on sale at our site.

We're also doing a version of the google limited edition backing as well which will also be on sale at our site. It's a play on google's version.

Reactions: HCdroid

HCdroid

Dec 7, 2010
BrianDigital - If a better image can be found of the zune etching, which is pretty awesome btw, it's definitely a possibility we can etch that for you as a custom design.

HCDroid - I've done a design of our own which was influenced by the docomo limited edition. I'll post pics when we engrave the image. They'll also be on sale at our site.

We're also doing a version of the google limited edition backing as well which will also be on sale at our site. It's a play on google's version.

Sounds great, looking forward to it

nawfboy09

Apr 12, 2010
San Antonio
Thanks for the shout out NCX. It was a pleasure doing the work for you and I'm glad you were happy with the final product. I'll be here answering any questions you guys might have if that's cool with the mods. Don't feel like getting banned. :)
We have a bunch of designs ready, if you're interested check our site.

was wondering if you could get a design such as the DoCoMo custom battery cover for Verizon GNEX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to give a huge shout out to Gruver Concepts for the awesome laser etched battery cover they made for me using my design.

I highly recommend them if you want to customize your Galaxy Nexus in ways that cases can't.

The laser was explicit in detail that it got every detail perfect. (my template wasn't exact so the positioning wasn't 100% identical to the final product)

Here's the original work I submitted to be etched

GalaxyNexus_back_LaserEtch_FINAL.png
    and the final product
    IMAG0017-1.jpg
    Alright guys, sorry to hijack the thread but here they are. ALL credit goes to Eyebeam from the phandroid forums.
    In my opinion he outdid himself. He was kind enough to also do an ICS Blue version.

Enjoy!!!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3nzXSnGQ74RUUtPSzFQSU9qVm8
    4's Sale! Starting 4th of July!

Happy 4th Everyone.

Some exciting news about a HUGE sale that we are having! We are calling it our 4's Sale.

Starting tomorrow on July 4th and running for 4 days, our entire store stock on hand (excludes custom design orders) is up to 40% off. Even more with every order you will receive on entry into a drawing for a custom designed Got Root or Google Limited Door!

Stock is truly limited to what is on hand, and some designs already have a more limited stock then others - shop early for best selection!

Some of you may also be aware of this, but we are dedicated to giving back to our "community" at large. We currently donate percentage of all net-sales for Homes for our Troops and a new small business on Kiva each quarter. With this sale is no exception and will be continuing to support these two wonderful organizations!

We thank you for your support! We are excited to be working on new product releases and designs to make your phone your own!
    You should've got Verizon laser removed.

sent with 3g courage. better recognize. 4g courage coming soon. stock up on diapers.
    Hey Gents,

We have now heard of two people who sent us an email without a response back; which to us is obviously of concern! I have been talking to our email/web host this morning about the issue. They have been experiencing some issues and over the past several weeks began upgrading their servers that our information is hosted on to prevent further issues. This has created some momentary outages.

The issue should be resolved now but if you do send us an email and have not heard back within one day please resend or give one of us a PM. Again this should not be occurring moving forward but just in case.

Thanks for your patience and your support!