S2U2 v1.22 and bluetooth headset

Search This thread

prof.deviant

Sep 24, 2008
After many many frustrating days, I have narrowed down a VERY ANNOYING issue with the otherwise BEAUTIFUL S2U2.

If the device is locked for more than 5 minutes, the connection to my bluetooth headset is lost...not just lost, but my phone doesnt even bother to look for it. I have to go through discovery again. Then the process starts all over again...after 5 min...its toast.

I have tried all versions of SU2U all the way up to 1.22. On an HTC PPC6800 (Alltel) running WM 6.0 (6.1 has been delayed by Alltel's cell group)

As soon as I take the SU2U off the phone..it works like a charm.:confused:

Any thoughts (or sob stories) would be helpfull :(

wacky.banana

Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2007
Hi,

You are going to get a kicking for this. It would have ben best if you had posted in the original thread and/or kept an eye on what the general consensus on posting threads is.

Forum members are trying to reduce the number of new threads posted in order to improve the search facility and to stop clutter.

As for the answer to your question, not a clue. Sorry.

WB

Sean D.

Nov 5, 2007
Hayward
What???

Hi,

You are going to get a kicking for this. It would have ben best if you had posted in the original thread and/or kept an eye on what the general consensus on posting threads is.

Forum members are trying to reduce the number of new threads posted in order to improve the search facility and to stop clutter.

As for the answer to your question, not a clue. Sorry.

WB

In the OP's defense, have you seen how big that thread is? It is damn near impossible to get a question answered in there unless a lot of people have the same issues.

TheChampJT

Feb 7, 2008
In the OP's defense, have you seen how big that thread is? It is damn near impossible to get a question answered in there unless a lot of people have the same issues.

So ask in the "Questions" thread.........

Is a user supposed to post a new thread for every question because the original is a bit too large?

Either way, all S2U2 does is prevent screen taps and turns the display off, it does not interfere with the bluetooth connections.

EnsconcE

May 8, 2008
After many many frustrating days, I have narrowed down a VERY ANNOYING issue with the otherwise BEAUTIFUL S2U2.

If the device is locked for more than 5 minutes, the connection to my bluetooth headset is lost...not just lost, but my phone doesnt even bother to look for it. I have to go through discovery again. Then the process starts all over again...after 5 min...its toast.

I have tried all versions of SU2U all the way up to 1.22. On an HTC PPC6800 (Alltel) running WM 6.0 (6.1 has been delayed by Alltel's cell group)

As soon as I take the SU2U off the phone..it works like a charm.:confused:

Any thoughts (or sob stories) would be helpfull :(

First: What is SU2U? ;)

Second: Do you know which program manages your bluetooth headset and which is using it? Making that difference makes your question easier. Think in terms like what program do i use to connect my bluetooth headset.

Third: Search, search and search. If that is not enough, search more. There are many threads where bluetooth and headseats are discussed. Come back with information from those threads so we do not have to give the same information over and over again. Besides that, doing your own research narrows your problem

warnold007

Sep 12, 2008
I'm not sure if you have tried this...

in the S2U2 settings, in the Advanced: section (bottom part)
set "Dont Suspend Power" to ON.