[PRL] Verizon / Corporate PRL on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus !!!

Search This thread

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
How will I know if my phone is roaming... And also if I update the prl and profile will it switch back to normal prl?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

joshuadub

May 21, 2012
How will I know if my phone is roaming... And also if I update the prl and profile will it switch back to normal prl?

Get netmonitor from play store and yes if your ROM has update prl you'll switch back to sprint

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Rimmir

Jan 22, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
I think I screwed up...I pressed "Write PRL" from the main Sprint Diagnostics menu and my phone rebooted itself and now it has no idea that it was a Sprint phone, everything in the status menu is showing <Unknown> or <Not found>, including the IMEI and the MSID. Did I just permanently screw up my phone?

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
I think I screwed up...I pressed "Write PRL" from the main Sprint Diagnostics menu and my phone rebooted itself and now it has no idea that it was a Sprint phone, everything in the status menu is showing <Unknown> or <Not found>, including the IMEI and the MSID. Did I just permanently screw up my phone?

No. Just do a pri /prl update from the first menu. I've been so busy with the Eos project I haven't had much time for this. When you select select write prl, i should simply launch a dialog showing prl files in your designated folder. You must select a prl before anything flashes.

Rimmir

Jan 22, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
No, my phone's radio disappeared. It says baseband version unknown, and even if I try to flash a new radio in recovery it doesn't apply it.
And I used the option that looks for test.prl and automatically applies it...

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
No, my phone's radio disappeared. It says baseband version unknown, and even if I try to flash a new radio in recovery it doesn't apply it.
And I used the option that looks for test.prl and automatically applies it...

Ok. You're flashing radios and stuff. That's beyond the scope of my app or simply flashing prls. Good luck sir.

Rimmir

Jan 22, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
No, I only flashed a PRL at first but it basically erased my radio and all mobile network related information, so now my phone forgot which phone number it's tied to and isn't even connecting to a network.

I just restored a backup though and everything is back to normal. Please make backups before you try anything people :)

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
So apparently my phone connects to Verizon's lte network.... when on 4g I check and it says connected to Verizon wireless. Unless I'm missing something

JiminyCricket64

Apr 25, 2011
You're connected to Verizon's network, but you're probably not getting LTE service. Just regular ole 3g.

I connect to the 3G part of verizon & still can get 4G Sprint. I'm not sure how, but PRL 00003 allows it. It doesn't switch to other 4G towers well while I'm driving, but it does connect. Toggling between 3G & 4G forces it to reconnect to 4G. I double checked this on my Sprint bill & it confirms it. Lots of roaming data & lots of 4G sprint data. :good:

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
How much data do I need to use to get terminated? I've been trying to use as much as I can I want to switch to T-Mobile

davemw2

Dec 5, 2010
Minneapolis
How much data do I need to use to get terminated? I've been trying to use as much as I can I want to switch to T-Mobile

Enough to where its really going to grab there attention. I used 30gigs in a month and that did it. Hook everything you can up to your WiFi tether everywhere you go if possible and go to town on the data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
Enough to where its really going to grab there attention. I used 30gigs in a month and that did it. Hook everything you can up to your WiFi tether everywhere you go if possible and go to town on the data.

Yea I'm trying to use as mush as I can... Bur when I check online it says I have unlimited roaming

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Also when they terminate you is the ESN on your phone bad? Because I was planning on selling my phone

illr

May 4, 2012
Carlsbad, Ca
Yea I'm trying to use as mush as I can... Bur when I check online it says I have unlimited roaming

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Also when they terminate you is the ESN on your phone bad? Because I was planning on selling my phone

I would just transfer the number to a old phone when they give you a notice, if they will even do that lol

davemw2

Dec 5, 2010
Minneapolis

The ESN on the phone is good. I sold both of mine after I transfered my number.

Reactions: blankit

psg190

Jun 26, 2007

Dang, I went for 17gb last month and they haven't even batted an eye yet. We'll see what I can do this month.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After Days/ Weeks of scouring the interweb for the mods to use your own PRL on the new Galaxy Nexus without any luck I've tried a method that worked on my previous phones.
    I decided to take the leap and try it on the Nexus and it worked. I have horrible sprint coverage at work and can't even get 3g, but you cannot force the phone to roam to a nearby Verizon tower. Now after this method I have full bars, 3G and 1.9 MB download speeds.
    As always I'm not liable for anything that could happen to your phone or Contract. If you want to switch back just follow step 2 with a sprint PRL or use "Update PRL" in about phone if its included with your ROM. (Flash back to stock if not)
    I can't find the previous thread as it was so long ago but here is exactly what I did.

1) Get Any Cut from the Google play store.

2) Put the PRL you want to use on the root of your Internal Storage and rename the file to Test.prl *Make sure you unzip the prl and put it on the root of your internal storage. Ex. Take 00001.prl out of the zip file and rename it test.prl. (Some people have noted that TEST must be capitalized, it isn't for me but if it fixed it for those users there's no harm in trying.

3) Create a new shortcut in Any Cut, Click Activity, scroll down and select PRL Write.

4) Go to your home screen with the shortcut on it and click it. After a few seconds your phone will restart.

5) Check your PRL version in About phone and it should reflect the change. Note: it may take a minute to update.

6) Profit.

I'm in awe that this worked so easily and the first time as many of you know changing a PRL is usually not for the faint of heart. So I'm still a bit skeptical but "Not Roam control" also says I'm on the Verizon Network. If you try this please post back with your results. Also please make sure you know your coverage on Sprint vs. Verizon in your area. You won't notice any difference if your sprint coverage for your area is better than Verizon. In Ohio ( My area anyway) Sprint coverage is terrible, but Verizon is amazing.

I use 00001.prl and 00002.prl which are modified Verizon prls that will not return the roaming indication.

Users have also noted that the Rom and Kernel Versions may cause some issues with the Write PRL in Anycut. I'm using Black ICE 34.70 and Francos Kernel Milestone 3 and don't have any issues.

I have made a nice little shortcut system using Tasker. Since I dont have the "Update PRL" on my rom. All I need to do is change home screens click whichever PRL I want to run then hit Write PRL and phone reboots with the correct PRL.

Here's How:
    Create two folders on the root of your internal Storage, one called Sprint, one called Verizon (Or whatever you want that describes your PRL).
    Inside those folders drop the respective PRL files already renamed "test.prl".
    Using Tasker or any other app that supports deleting/coping files, create a new Task Called "SprintPRL".
    Add two Actions, the first is a Delete File, File location is /sdcard/test.prl
    Second Action, Copy File From Sprint/test.prl To /sdcard
    Now do the same thing for your second PRL changing the Copy file From location to point to the second location.

Now you have two tasks that will delete the file on your Internal Storage and copy the PRL you want in its place.

Using this method has some nice perks as you can set Tasker up to fire off when you are in a certain area you know you have bad sprint coverage. I'm going to do some research today to see if I can trigger the PRL update activity from Tasker and make it completely hands free.

I have used some NFC Tags and NFC Task Launcher to Fire off these but I still have to manually click the update PRL shortcut with Anycut. Once I solve that problem I'll post it here as well.

Enjoy Guys n Gals!

Screenshot_2012-05-22-15-02-49.png

--==WARNING==--​
    You will get calls from Sprint if you use this PRL and stream/Download a bunch of Music/ Movies every month for 3+ months. The data limit is 300MB per month before you get flagged. I've got three warning calls for all of my lines but they have yet to disconnect me so don't be paranoid that Sprint will just cancel you. I've set my Data limit on my phone to 300 MB/month and/or used a firewall app from the market to limit which apps have access to 3G to help prevent this, especially on my Sons line.

Here is a thread with all the current PRLS. Thanks R1ptide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1267893

If I helped you out at all, please toss a click on that Thanks button or buy me a drink. Thanks!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6J4FEZRL4HMUE

A BIG thank you to everyone who has donated to help keep us developers off the streets!
    made a new PRL based on verizons 52823. Roaming indicator has been edited to NOT show roaming.

PRL 00003 is comparable to 00001, just updated. And "better" than 00002.

**edit**
    btw i put together a lil mediafire page with a couple PRLs on it. Please dont post the direct link anywhere. always hide it behind URL/html tags. Thx.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

ALL SPRINT PRLs

http://db.tt/iRInAkZM
    All of these are just as slow as sprints... Any thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

if youre using sprint prls then youll still be on the same exact tower as always.

if using a verizon prl.. theres a chance the verizon tower you are on is on par with sprint. verizon isnt better EVERYWHERE. when i visit my parents house verizon is a little slower than sprint. but drive 15 min in any direction and vzw is generally faster.

there are no tips or tricks to getting better speeds. pop in a vzw or sprint prl and test.. if speeds arent better.. there's really nothing you can do.
    Huge thanks to bigrushdog for coming up with a new PRL manager for the Team EOS Gnex rom. I DID NOT MAKE THIS.. JUST IT PASSING ALONG.

Update should be merged later tonight but I am attaching the .apk so you can use it now. Unzip apk and push to /system/app/. Also attached is the latest Verizon PRL I could find, 52823.

To use: Settings > System > Sprint Settings > PRL Manager... or Open app drawer and open Sprint Diagnostics App > PRL Manager.
    You will then see the screen below. By default the SD root is set but you can manually set a folder which will auto-detect any .prl file. Press "Write PRL" to select .prl file and write .prl file.

NO REBOOT NEEDED. NO RENAMING TO TEST.PRL ANYMORE.