Battery Packs for HTC One?

Search This thread

ReckerBF4

Dec 2, 2013
What is the biggest battery pack for HTC one at the moment?

I rather not bring a external battery if can

mrjasenr

Jun 5, 2010
I think the mophie one. I forget how big, but I tried it on at best buy, and it didn't seem bad.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

pbassjunk

Apr 5, 2010
Nexus 7
Nexus 6
Biggest physically? Or biggest capacity..

I have the 3.2A Powerbank (in both black and white), both work great. I chose the white color over the black but was careless when assembling and snapped the top of the case. Replaced it with a black which has a really nice soft texture feel to it. Case adds a nice bit of heft to the phone and doesn't reflect or otherwise interfere with the LED flash.

There's a brand new 4.2A Powerbank (black only afaik). I ordered one over the weekend so will probably be sometime next week before it shows up. I'll post more info when I get it.

There's also the Mophie but it doesn't offer enough capacity imo. If I'm going to alter the feel and profile of the phone, I'm going to get max capability out of it. The M has a slightly different shape and color (more of a gunmetal than black) and a little bit more tapered curve, but the Mophie dimensions are the same as the Powerbank, so they take roughly the same amount of pocket and hand space. Wife has it on her One.

There's one more 3.8A case but as I'm not a fan of the flip over cover I never considered it.

PS - The Mophie charges both the phone and the battery at the same time so you don't have to disassemble anything. The only way to charge the phone and the Powerbank at the same time is to separate the 2 and plug into individual chargers. However, the Powerbank will charge both the phone and the battery sequentially so you don't need to disassemble the case unless you really want to. (1. plug phone/case into charger. 2. press the charger button so the battery case starts charging phone. 3. when it finishes charging phone it switches back to 'ac charging'. 4. huzzah; plug it in before bed, it'll be ready when you get up, etc)

PPS - All work fine with USB/Data/etc.

Last edited:

901-Memphis

Feb 9, 2011
Northern Kentucky
Battery packs are nice to have. I have a battery box that takes 2x18650 rechargeable lithium ion battery and I put Panasonic 3100 mah cells in and it's very powerful with a total of 6,200 mah. I prefer the Mugen case though I can leave it attached to my phone and use it when I need it.

altair_88

Mar 30, 2011
Battery packs are nice to have. I have a battery box that takes 2x18650 rechargeable lithium ion battery and I put Panasonic 3100 mah cells in and it's very powerful with a total of 6,200 mah. I prefer the Mugen case though I can leave it attached to my phone and use it when I need it.

+1!!!!

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

M-XXXX

Jul 29, 2010
I'm also looking for a good battery pack for my One. But I'm not willing to pay more than 20€ and It should be universal. What are you recommending?

princeagar

Mar 13, 2010
Are power banks safe for the battery ???

Hello everyone i just had a querry, will these powerbanks be safe for the battery, i have heard that if they charge too fast or too slow then it may damage the battery life of the phone
any help will be much appreciated
thank you

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I am looking to purchase this 1

www .flipkart. com/ ambrane- p-10- plus-p10/p /itmdmh8fhhjhbncy? pid=PWBDMH8YDYTUPBHQ&ref=d8a68233-5ced-4cb2-99c1-2afb0565aeca[/url]

it's cheap and appears to be good

ReckerBF4

Dec 2, 2013
Hello everyone i just had a querry, will these powerbanks be safe for the battery, i have heard that if they charge too fast or too slow then it may damage the battery life of the phone
any help will be much appreciated
thank you

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I am looking to purchase this 1

www .flipkart. com/ ambrane- p-10- plus-p10/p /itmdmh8fhhjhbncy? pid=PWBDMH8YDYTUPBHQ&ref=d8a68233-5ced-4cb2-99c1-2afb0565aeca[/url]

it's cheap and appears to be good

I heard of fast charge will damage your battery but not slow charge.

kingbor1cua

Jun 14, 2013
I heard of fast charge will damage your battery but not slow charge.

i would always stick to the amps based on stock charger, thats a good rule of thumb slow charging isn't good for batteries kills the battery cells and same thing with fast charging over charging a battery can damage it as well i usually don't anything over 2 a output,of course thats determined by the phone as well

SteveKeith

Jan 11, 2013
I have a ravpower 14,000 mah power pack, more than i ever needed, capacity wise. It's a bit heavy, but has an LED torch on it which makes it worthwhile

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Juice pack for HTC One 2500 mah
http://www.mophie.com/shop/smartphones/juice-pack-htc-one
1388507335134.jpg

from HTC One

Reactions: sslbaron

jozanich

Jan 11, 2011
Wooster
Biggest physically? Or biggest capacity..

I have the 3.2A Powerbank (in both black and white), both work great. I chose the white color over the black but was careless when assembling and snapped the top of the case. Replaced it with a black which has a really nice soft texture feel to it. Case adds a nice bit of heft to the phone and doesn't reflect or otherwise interfere with the LED flash.

There's a brand new 4.2A Powerbank (black only afaik). I ordered one over the weekend so will probably be sometime next week before it shows up. I'll post more info when I get it.

There's also the Mophie but it doesn't offer enough capacity imo. If I'm going to alter the feel and profile of the phone, I'm going to get max capability out of it. The M has a slightly different shape and color (more of a gunmetal than black) and a little bit more tapered curve, but the Mophie dimensions are the same as the Powerbank, so they take roughly the same amount of pocket and hand space. Wife has it on her One.

There's one more 3.8A case but as I'm not a fan of the flip over cover I never considered it.

PS - The Mophie charges both the phone and the battery at the same time so you don't have to disassemble anything. The only way to charge the phone and the Powerbank at the same time is to separate the 2 and plug into individual chargers. However, the Powerbank will charge both the phone and the battery sequentially so you don't need to disassemble the case unless you really want to. (1. plug phone/case into charger. 2. press the charger button so the battery case starts charging phone. 3. when it finishes charging phone it switches back to 'ac charging'. 4. huzzah; plug it in before bed, it'll be ready when you get up, etc)

PPS - All work fine with USB/Data/etc.

Do the led lights stay on the entire time while charging your device? Mine does with the black power bank. Terribly annoying.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts