[Q] OMNIROM 4.4.1 N7000 Wi-Fi tethering not working

Search This thread

anuroopkoka2012

Dec 10, 2013
Hi Guys,

Today i have installed the latest version of OMNIROM Kitkat 4.4.1 and still Wi-fi tethering is not working.

Any ideas how can i fix the same.

Thanks in advance

Anuroop

semjase

Jun 20, 2010
Groningen
Hi Guys,

Today i have installed the latest version of OMNIROM Kitkat 4.4.1 and still Wi-fi tethering is not working.

Any ideas how can i fix the same.

Thanks in advance

Anuroop

Indeed, the Wi-Fi and BlueTooth tethering is not working here either. It worked well on the Stock ROM though, so I don't believe it's caused by the provider.
I hope this can be fixed, I read somewhere else I might have to do with the tether_dun_required setting in settings.db -> global.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
OK, this is useful info. It was not working on I9300 and I had no way at all to test that (the only 4412 device I have is wifi-only) - but later this week I can investigate tethering issues on N7000 if it's also problematic. Just need to find my microsim adapter...

Jamin_1

Aug 17, 2010
Benz Town
OK, this is useful info. It was not working on I9300 and I had no way at all to test that (the only 4412 device I have is wifi-only) - but later this week I can investigate tethering issues on N7000 if it's also problematic. Just need to find my microsim adapter...

Would be great if the hotspot works on my i9300. Thanks for all your effort!

anuroopkoka2012

Dec 10, 2013

Hi Guys,

Any update on the tethering issues on N7000..

Regards,
Anuroop

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I was tracking down some other issues over the weekend... I might not be able to play with this at all until the holidays.

Reactions: execve

Hashir Raza

Mar 3, 2013
This is rom is awesome but only a,wifi tethering prob plz fix this..

this is just a awesome rom but only a prob plz fix the wifi tethering prob otherwise there is no prob evry thing is excellent..if any one know how to fix plz reply as soon as possible...
thnks in advnce... :)

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Any luck with this yet? Really keen to know what this problem is caused by :) no pressure and thanks either way :)

I was going to work on it over the holidays, but among the things I forgot to bring with me was the SIM adapter for my N7000. Tethering works fine on all of the other devices I own.

I've got a number of ideas why, although the fact that BT tethering is ALSO failing indicates it's something different from what I'm used to in the past... That's new information.

yanix

Apr 1, 2012
Quezon City
I was going to work on it over the holidays, but among the things I forgot to bring with me was the SIM adapter for my N7000. Tethering works fine on all of the other devices I own.

I've got a number of ideas why, although the fact that BT tethering is ALSO failing indicates it's something different from what I'm used to in the past... That's new information.

BT tethering works for me

Sent from my GNote

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
BT tethering works for me

Sent from my GNote

Odd, someone else claimed it was not working... They might be on one of the providers where tethering is blocked. (There's a commit going through review to remove a bunch of those blocks...)

So it seems to be something odd with all of the Samsung Exynos4 devices, not sure what yet... Every change that SHOULD be required seems to be there, but we're obviously missing something.

yanix

Apr 1, 2012
Quezon City
Odd, someone else claimed it was not working... They might be on one of the providers where tethering is blocked. (There's a commit going through review to remove a bunch of those blocks...)

So it seems to be something odd with all of the Samsung Exynos4 devices, not sure what yet... Every change that SHOULD be required seems to be there, but we're obviously missing something.

Btw, I'm not sure if this would help but this fixed a wifi tethering issue back in PA-JB.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42205316&postcount=2279

Sent from my GNote

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was tracking down some other issues over the weekend... I might not be able to play with this at all until the holidays.