[Q] Cannot install any rom / cannot restore to stock (T-Mobile D801)

Search This thread

Esteef

Sep 12, 2010
Long story short, I deleted my backup rom (Don't ask Please cause I already know)

I am running TWRP 2.6.3.2 and it does NOT let me install any rom (4.3 or 4.4) I constantly get the error (Error executing updater binary in zip) for every rom zip I have downloaded.(AOKP)(PA)(CM 11) etc...

I've tried the Return to stock guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 in General Discussion, and I consistently get stuck @ 49% when restoring the firmware.

I also cannot get the LG Mobile support tool to download a new firmware for the phone itself.

I do have access to sideload via TWRP but it is useless because every rom gives me an error.

Do I have any options left or do I just call it a week and enjoy my $600 paper weight?

Please any help would be much appreciated!

LG G2 for T-Mobile (D801)

aranurea

Dec 18, 2011
Long story short, I deleted my backup rom (Don't ask Please cause I already know)

I am running TWRP 2.6.3.2 and it does NOT let me install any rom (4.3 or 4.4) I constantly get the error (Error executing updater binary in zip) for every rom zip I have downloaded.(AOKP)(PA)(CM 11) etc...

I've tried the Return to stock guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 in General Discussion, and I consistently get stuck @ 49% when restoring the firmware.

I also cannot get the LG Mobile support tool to download a new firmware for the phone itself.

I do have access to sideload via TWRP but it is useless because every rom gives me an error.

Do I have any options left or do I just call it a week and enjoy my $600 paper weight?

You sure? I just did it successfully. Did you download the correct firmware?

tumebone

Dec 19, 2010
back too stock

Il always yuse lg mobile support. Il start by geting lg g2 ind download mode, power and vol +
When my phone is ind download mode i conect it too the computer and start the lg mobile support
Press options and upgrade it works for me

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011

Can you get into download mode? If so, the LG Mobile Launcher should work. Make sure you have the latest drivers downloaded from LG. It should also be in the thread about using the Mobile Launcher. I couldn't get it to work at first because I didn't install the latest drivers. Just plugging in the phone to your PC won't do it. Also, if you do get it to work, the firmware that will be installed will be d80110g, not d80110c that came with the phone. There is no info about this version other than the thread I started about it. Code Hustler tweaked ioroot to root this version and it is in the thread. Just search "T-Mobile software update" in the general section if you do get it installed. Good luck!

tbishop91

Dec 24, 2013
Sideload the latest twrp recovery and then pick your rom and retry make sure you are correctly wipeing systen dalvik and chache

Esteef

Sep 12, 2010
Il always yuse lg mobile support. Il start by geting lg g2 ind download mode, power and vol +
When my phone is ind download mode i conect it too the computer and start the lg mobile support
Press options and upgrade it works for me

Whenever I try to use the upgrade, it never even asks me for my IMEI , it says stuck displaying: Downloading software, but it never downloads anything. It could be a driver issue. There is just so many links on here maybe I really haven't installed the correct drivers??
Any links to drivers that works would be very nice if possible! :)

Can you get into download mode? If so, the LG Mobile Launcher should work. Make sure you have the latest drivers downloaded from LG. It should also be in the thread about using the Mobile Launcher. I couldn't get it to work at first because I didn't install the latest drivers. Just plugging in the phone to your PC won't do it. Also, if you do get it to work, the firmware that will be installed will be d80110g, not d80110c that came with the phone. There is no info about this version other than the thread I started about it. Code Hustler tweaked ioroot to root this version and it is in the thread. Just search "T-Mobile software update" in the general section if you do get it installed. Good luck!

Where did you get the latest drivers from?? Maybe I don't have the "Latest Drivers". :(

Falaco147

Dec 21, 2013
CPH
Where did you get the latest drivers from?? Maybe I don't have the "Latest Drivers". :([/QUOTE]

I cant post outside links, but go to google and search d801 usb driver and download it from lg site

Try install and tell me if it solved your problem.. Otherwise ill help you getting it solved.

ill keep an eye on this post..

Esteef

Sep 12, 2010
Problem Resolved / My Solution

Okay, after 12+ hours of trying every method possible on XDA I finally resolved my issue. I will update the first post just incase any others care or fall into the same dilemma I was in.

The LG Mobile Support tool would not download the firmware and it would NOT ask me for my IMEI to download it either.

So my solution....

Installed LG Mobile Support Tool then Installed the LG Drivers.

BEFORE I connected the phone to the computer. I opened the LG Mobile support tool clicked (Options on the top right).

When the dropped down opened, I clicked the (Upgrade Recovery) option. THEN, is when the prompt opened to ask me what my IMEI is.

Before I entered my IMEI, I connected my phone to the computer, then proceeded to enter my IMEI and hit OK.

This is when the LG Mobile Support tool SUCCESSFULLY downloaded the latest official LG firmware and installed it.

*** BE AWARE, with the phone connected to the PC, the prompt NEVER appeared to enter my IMEI.
*** But with the phone disconnected, the prompt came up every time. This might be the trick for some people.
*** with the IMEI prompt opened, I then connected the phone , entered the IMEI, then hit OK. BOOM HERPES....

Well I'll polish this up more later. I hope this works for every LG G2 Variant and not just the T-Mobile one (D801)

-Esteef

Reactions: tbishop91

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem Resolved / My Solution

Okay, after 12+ hours of trying every method possible on XDA I finally resolved my issue. I will update the first post just incase any others care or fall into the same dilemma I was in.

The LG Mobile Support tool would not download the firmware and it would NOT ask me for my IMEI to download it either.

So my solution....

Installed LG Mobile Support Tool then Installed the LG Drivers.

BEFORE I connected the phone to the computer. I opened the LG Mobile support tool clicked (Options on the top right).

When the dropped down opened, I clicked the (Upgrade Recovery) option. THEN, is when the prompt opened to ask me what my IMEI is.

Before I entered my IMEI, I connected my phone to the computer, then proceeded to enter my IMEI and hit OK.

This is when the LG Mobile Support tool SUCCESSFULLY downloaded the latest official LG firmware and installed it.

*** BE AWARE, with the phone connected to the PC, the prompt NEVER appeared to enter my IMEI.
    *** But with the phone disconnected, the prompt came up every time. This might be the trick for some people.
    *** with the IMEI prompt opened, I then connected the phone , entered the IMEI, then hit OK. BOOM HERPES....

Well I'll polish this up more later. I hope this works for every LG G2 Variant and not just the T-Mobile one (D801)

-Esteef