Sleep tracker for Gear?

Search This thread

verbaljeff

Oct 12, 2013
Any suggested apps for using Gear to track sleep? Either using a side loaded app or with a custom ROM?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

zim_zimmer

Apr 22, 2005
Is there such an app that can run on the Galaxy Gear then?

So much like the fitbit bands and the new Gear 2 range it will monitor your sleep??

fastmike

Jul 6, 2007
Is there such an app that can run on the Galaxy Gear then?

So much like the fitbit bands and the new Gear 2 range it will monitor your sleep??

Yes and no. The Gear 2 sleep monitorig is very poor and only limited to 'no movement detection'. So if you havea bad night and cannot sleep,but just keep your eyes opened it will just tell you that you had no movement for 100% of the nigt.

Not reallly a monitoring system that should be linked to heart beat and other valuable information.

zim_zimmer

Apr 22, 2005
True but given that a FitBit or other fitness band would also not be able to tell if you have your eyes open or not, its never going to be the most reliable way of recording sleep anyway!

With regards to the Galaxy Gear then... you're saying that there is an app to use on the watch itself?

hackerseraph

Apr 3, 2011
Wichita
Sleep as Android

I used ADB to install Sleep as Android. I bought this app a few years back, and I've loved it ever since.

Used it on all my android phones
-HTC Aria
-Motorola Atrix
-Samsung Galaxy
-Samsung Galaxy Note
-Samsung Galaxy S4

I just got a Galaxy Gear 1st Gen, and figured it was worth a shot. It installed and ran without issue here at the office. When I get home in 3 hours, I'll do a quick charge of my Galaxy Gear (I love how fast this thing charges) and then I'll go to sleep and see how the battery holds up and how the tracking does.

BrnCqznCQAAlqOT.jpg:large

BrnD1gNIEAAc5aE.jpg:large

hackerseraph

Apr 3, 2011
Wichita
well... that didnt work out as well as I hoped. I came home, curled up in bed. Set the app, the screen dimmed off, and I went to sleep. I woke up around 2pm, and went to check the app and its nowhere to be found under apps. I checked in the background apps, its running, but when I tap on it, it doesnt launch. I rebooted the watch, the app is missing from the apps section. Im going to install nova launcher and try again later :confused:

hackerseraph

Apr 3, 2011
Wichita
Graph Indeed Saved

So I got into the office tonight, and sideloaded NOVA Launcher, and found the "missing" sleep as android app
looks like it did properly exit and grab my sleep graph. Today when I get home I'll try setting Nova Launcher as my default (this scares me, as I'm worried about it interfering with watch functionality) as see if it works a bit smoother, than it did yesterday.

BrrJlv3CYAISp4Y.jpg:large

---------- Post added 4th July 2014 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 3rd July 2014 at 11:57 PM ----------

side note, I engaged urbandroid.info@gmail.com (the developer) via email to see if the community can assist them in getting a version pushed for the galaxy gear. I am eager to see to a response :fingers-crossed:

navilon

Jun 5, 2010
So I got into the office tonight, and sideloaded NOVA Launcher, and found the "missing" sleep as android app
looks like it did properly exit and grab my sleep graph. Today when I get home I'll try setting Nova Launcher as my default (this scares me, as I'm worried about it interfering with watch functionality) as see if it works a bit smoother, than it did yesterday.

BrrJlv3CYAISp4Y.jpg:large

---------- Post added 4th July 2014 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 3rd July 2014 at 11:57 PM ----------

side note, I engaged urbandroid.info@gmail.com (the developer) via email to see if the community can assist them in getting a version pushed for the galaxy gear. I am eager to see to a response :fingers-crossed:

From the official demo video, the app seems to detect patterns as if it was the phone lying on your bed. having the app on your hand would (i think) give the accelerometer much different results. Does your method seem work well? I'm really interested in getting this watch if this works!

Last edited: