Can't Connect to Camera

Search This thread

jpsil

Sep 23, 2010
I just installed Liquid Smooth v3.0 and when I open the camera application, it pops an error stating that it can't connect and the camera app closes. I would have posted this under the ROM's page, but I do not have sufficient privileges to comment on the post. Does anyone have any ideas to fix this?

Thanks,

-Jpsil

pheitman

Jul 22, 2013
I just hit something similar to this. I installed an update to CM 11 and the camera stopped working. I finally got it fixed by restoring a backup of the original touchwiz rom. The camera then worked. When I reflashed a custom rom, the camera continued working. For some reason the TW rom initializes something with the camera that custom roms may/do not. Note that I actually went so far as to replace the camera module but that didn't help - it was a software issue, not a hardware issue. Good luck!

I just installed Liquid Smooth v3.0 and when I open the camera application, it pops an error stating that it can't connect and the camera app closes. I would have posted this under the ROM's page, but I do not have sufficient privileges to comment on the post. Does anyone have any ideas to fix this?

Thanks,

-Jpsil

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Thanks,

-Jpsil

Plus that version of Liquid Smooth is relatively new still isn't it? Bound to be some issues with it. Aside from doing the usual things like fixing permissions and clearing dalvic don't know what to say. These are the wonderful little problems we face while trying to stay on the bleeding edge of android ROMs.

If you haven't already.. Check out beanstalk 4.4 I can't say enough about it. Extremely stable.. I've never had a force close or anything. Running KT kernel too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: jpsil

jpsil

Sep 23, 2010
I switched to Beanstalk because I was also having issues with the GPS not locating my position. Not a single issue (except the torch wont turn off with the soft key, you have to press the power button) and it is super fast. Thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: Mistertac

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I switched to Beanstalk because I was also having issues with the GPS not locating my position. Not a single issue (except the torch wont turn off with the soft key, you have to press the power button) and it is super fast. Thanks for the recommendation.

That's great. I've seriously tried just about every ROM for our phone and beanstalk is the one I keep restoring. Tons of options no freezing or fc nothing. Glad I could help.. I was a Liquid Smooth guy too. Great ROM it just needs some more time in my opinion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,

-Jpsil

Plus that version of Liquid Smooth is relatively new still isn't it? Bound to be some issues with it. Aside from doing the usual things like fixing permissions and clearing dalvic don't know what to say. These are the wonderful little problems we face while trying to stay on the bleeding edge of android ROMs.

If you haven't already.. Check out beanstalk 4.4 I can't say enough about it. Extremely stable.. I've never had a force close or anything. Running KT kernel too.