[Q] Infrastructure Wireless on rooted 2.3.4 DX2

Search This thread

scarfoot

May 1, 2010
Raleigh-Durham
Ok rooted by DX2 very quickly.

Now, when I go to run any of the Wireless Teether apps, none of my mobile devices see it. I believe this because I can only get these apps to run in Ad-hoc mode. I am on v2.3.4.

Do I need to flash a custom rom in order to make this work, or is there a fix somewhere?

Alot of stuff that I am finding when I search is from 2.3.1 or 2.2.

Any point in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Sf-

tkuligowski

Jan 31, 2012
Lincoln
I believe you have to do the TBH radio hack to use infrastructure instead of ad-hoc. If you do this then you can use the mobile hotspot app which runs in infrastructure.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
There's also this. I don't know for sure if it works on our phones or not as I've had no need to use it. I'm running CM7 and it comes with wireless tethering. It looks just like the Verizon wireless hotspot app though. Perhaps that hack is how it's done on CM7. Can't hurt to try it ;)

Thinking about it again, I'll flash back to a rom that has VZW's app on it and see if it works. I'll report back. :)

EDIT:
Guess you can scratch this idea. I tried it on Liberty and on a stock rom. Doesn't work. :(

Last edited:

97Pathy

Mar 5, 2012
I've got CM7 and my friends moto phone was able to connect. Just used the built in tether in wireless settings in CM7
The other apps only do ad-hoc with out phone so you can connect your laptop but not anotyer phone I believe.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

scarfoot

May 1, 2010
Raleigh-Durham
There's also this. I don't know for sure if it works on our phones or not as I've had no need to use it. I'm running CM7 and it comes with wireless tethering. It looks just like the Verizon wireless hotspot app though. Perhaps that hack is how it's done on CM7. Can't hurt to try it ;)

Thinking about it again, I'll flash back to a rom that has VZW's app on it and see if it works. I'll report back. :)

EDIT:
Guess you can scratch this idea. I tried it on Liberty and on a stock rom. Doesn't work. :(

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

scarfoot

May 1, 2010
Raleigh-Durham
I was able to get wifi to work on my kindle fire by installing the zt 180 app that allows the kindle to connect to an adhoc network, but its slow. Just need to figure a way to get infrastructure wifi to work right.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
Well, if nothing else you could flash CM7. It comes with tethering. It's infrastructure, not ad-hoc. It appears to be the same app as VZW's wireless hotspot. Works great for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Built right into the wireless settings screen even, works great, and yes cm7 is a very good rom

from my X2 roaming the north