Imported C6906 US Warranty Service

Search This thread

goon3r

Sep 8, 2010
Hello All,

After seeing how bloated some of the carrier phones are, plus longer update cycles, I decided to get an imported C6906 (Expecting delivery this week). I decided to ignore the Z1s. Do you guys know what if, any warranty service I could seek thru Sony in North America ? This phone isn't even sold in the USA so it's not like they've replacements laying around. I'm just very concerned they will turn me away If I have an issue. I currently have TMO but may need to switch to Att so the 6906 LTE bands made sense for me. Has anyone had to go thru this?

Also, I've seen mention of poor quality screens on some units. This is extremely concerning. Should I be worried about this?

I'm debating refusing delivery of the device so I appreciate any feedback.

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
LoL....good luck on sending your phone out for weeks to get it repair buddy. I'm getting Tmobile Z1S its because of the warranty.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

goon3r

Sep 8, 2010
LoL....good luck on sending your phone out for weeks to get it repair buddy. I'm getting Tmobile Z1S its because of the warranty.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I have other phones so a couple of weeks doesn't bother me that much to be honest. I'd just like to know if they will provide service.

goon3r

Sep 8, 2010
I don't think they will. You will have to go thru from who ever you got it like expansys or negri.

I ended up rejecting the delivery of the device from UPS after not being able to get a clear answer from the folks at the local Sony store.

So all things considered, it seems that Sony has held out on the LTE flaghships (Z and now Z1) in order to avoid competing with T-Mobile.

Z1s it is I guess.