Task29 working on touchpro/fuze **confirmed**

Does this make flashing a new ROM easier for your?

• Total voters
Search This thread
I've just used Task29 and it worked as described. Flashed the bootscreen with T29, went into bootloader, flashed radio, went into bootloader, flashed rom. Using the latest EnergyROM and it feels a little smoother now.

you don't NEED to flash a radio... unless you WANT to... but it is not necessary...

oh lol, I thought it would clear everything in the phone. Must have read over it :)

no, it only clears the ROM memory, it leaves in tact the radio and splash... but to use the file you have to flash EITHER (not both necessarily) a splash or radio... I suggest splash/bootscreen as it goes quicker, using that way. =) enjoy!

fatpandas

Mar 30, 2009
been using it but flash times haven't gotten any faster. no need for hard reset so thats good. has anyone else experienced no decrease in flash time? it seems like it isn't clearing the ROM partition to me but it hangs at the splash screen as it should afterwards.

o well, at least theres nothing wrong with it.

Planescape

Sep 7, 2008
Just to confirm, I should still be able to Flash via USB even if the phone ROM is empty and thus activesync isn't able to run?

dlsc2111

Nov 18, 2008
Ok, Hope there is a fix... Ran task29 Sprint v.1.12.34f, and now all I can get is the "Touch Pro" white letter splash screen, no radio info or anything, it just freezes there. Can't get past that, tried the vol down, power to try to get into the bootloader screen, no luck. I have held down just about every combination of buttons there is??? Did i brick it?

Ok, Hope there is a fix... Ran task29 Sprint v.1.12.34f, and now all I can get is the "Touch Pro" white letter splash screen, no radio info or anything, it just freezes there. Can't get past that, tried the vol down, power to try to get into the bootloader screen, no luck. I have held down just about every combination of buttons there is??? Did i brick it?

no, you didn't brick it...

bootloader = vol down + reset (stylus), keep holding vol down till you get to the bootloader screen...

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
You probably oughta know how to get your phone into bootloader before you run task 29; didn't you do that after flashing hard spl just to see if the flash worked?

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
I've tried the 'format nand' command with raphdiag, and all it did was hard reset the device. It didn't wipe the OS rom, like T29 does. I tried it 2 or 3 times, and had the same result each time. I may have been doing something wrong, I guess.

catapult1234

Jan 18, 2009
Tilburg
Can anyone confirm that there is no hard reset required after flashing a new rom (just after using task29) or is it advisable to still do a hard reset after flash completes?

PasSlert

Nov 5, 2009
OnePlus 7T
I've never heard spoken about this tool before... but you say all that it's a awesome tool, so, I must try it. :)

So, if I've understood well, it works like a Low Level Format for a HDD ? But in case of the Raphael, the memory doesn't need to be formated to improve the performances. Format an USB drive does improve its performances ?

Edit: Thanks to Ben who lead me here with the link in his signature. :p

Can anyone confirm that there is no hard reset required after flashing a new rom (just after using task29) or is it advisable to still do a hard reset after flash completes?
I don't bother hard resetting anymore =) zero issues so far =)
Bejnammin, do you have any clue if it works on Diamond2?

At least I will use it on my Fuze. Thanks a lot for that! ;)

Best regards.
I don't know about the diamond2, if it is basically a rhodium without a keyboard than I would think it would work, you just need to use a diamond2 splash screen or radio to try...

I've never heard spoken about this tool before... but you say all that it's a awesome tool, so, I must try it. :)

So, if I've understood well, it works like a Low Level Format for a HDD ? But in case of the Raphael, the memory doesn't need to be formated to improve the performances. Format an USB drive does improve its performances ?

Edit: Thanks to Ben who lead me here with the link in his signature. :p
not so much like a low level format, but rather than just overwriting files over and over and over and over with flashing new roms and doing flash dance, it deletes everything before you flash so that you have a "fresher" start...

PasSlert

Nov 5, 2009
OnePlus 7T
Edit: Hem. I was triyng tu hard reset, but not going in bootloader mode. -_-"

So, work perfectly. Thanks you all !

Last edited: