android rom with best battery life?

Search This thread

yeahman45

Dec 26, 2010
what is the android rom with best battery life? and how is it compared to an htc desire?

I am about to buy the hd2 but the only drawback i am finding so far is battery life as everyone seems to complain about it

and i often listen to music on my phone... like 4-5 hours per day...

yeahman45

Dec 26, 2010
thx for the reply! how long does it last on regular use (some calls, some games, sms, browsing and music)

Robson

Jul 22, 2003
Melbourne
the best way to find out which rom gives out the best bat life is to experiment with the different ones out there. and a big factor also lies in your set up. i've already upgraded my hd2 rom and radio and i'm very pleased with my current set up as follows:

rom: chuckyrom lite
radio: 2.15
android: mdj froyo 4.6

by far it's given me the best power battery output ever. to give you an idea, i charge my phone in the evening. as soon as it's 100% i then unplug it. that'll be done at around 10pm when i go to sleep. i wake up at 6am and the battery shows 97%. not bad for 8 hours on standby. and i'm using live video wallpaper. on the way to work, i watch vids for like 40 minutes on the train. by the time i get to the office, my battery is at 80%.

cheers

Reactions: gileas

yeahman45

Dec 26, 2010
really? however htc hd2 is initially not an android phone.. i am worried that it's battery life would be worse than true android devices?

reijkelhof

Apr 8, 2010
I have push mail and weather updates and such running on an android Darkstone RAM froyo sense rom, and the battery life is as good as, or better than it was on windows.
It's more stable than windows, that is for sure.

I have dual boot, so I can still boot into windows too, so the android is extra.

yeahman45

Dec 26, 2010
another question: is the robot voice still an issue with some android roms? while reading threads of android on hd2 whether ram, sd or nand, i often see people complaining about robot voice issue!!! i hope it's no more there with the newest android roms... that sounds like a very bad issue for me!!

saurabh88

Dec 5, 2008
kapadwanj
5hrs of heavy use with WiFi and still on 39% from 85% with downloading,watching YouTube.great.using nand
skink prj desire v 1.0 with setcpu

winner1

Apr 8, 2010
what is the latest android rom with best battery life?

last android rom im using lasts only 6 hours with the extended battery .... im looking for a rom with long battery life so it can last for at least a day ......

dirtybich

Feb 10, 2013
I used SlimKat (more than 2 days battery life), but it was very slow and I changed it to Nexus KitKat.
Unfortunately, Nexus has worse battery life than SlimKat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=895059
    Of all the ROMs from XDA I was tested on [26.JAN] [DFT / Cwm] NexusHD2-Froyo V1.9G [Android2.2.2] [Kernel: tytung_r2_oldcam]. The only that keeps me the most battery.
    Sorry for my english :p
    the best way to find out which rom gives out the best bat life is to experiment with the different ones out there. and a big factor also lies in your set up. i've already upgraded my hd2 rom and radio and i'm very pleased with my current set up as follows:

rom: chuckyrom lite
    radio: 2.15
    android: mdj froyo 4.6

by far it's given me the best power battery output ever. to give you an idea, i charge my phone in the evening. as soon as it's 100% i then unplug it. that'll be done at around 10pm when i go to sleep. i wake up at 6am and the battery shows 97%. not bad for 8 hours on standby. and i'm using live video wallpaper. on the way to work, i watch vids for like 40 minutes on the train. by the time i get to the office, my battery is at 80%.

cheers