[Q] Different keyboard?

Search This thread

pau-pau123

May 22, 2011
hey guys,

i'm new to the TPT and i do like it a lot so far. root went well and bloatware is down. since there are so many apps that are device specific, i was curious if there are any different soft keyboard apps that you could recommend. on the SGS2 i am using swype, so when i switch devices, i'm somehow missing that a little.

possible to install other keys and if so, anything to recommend? maybe even something for the stylus? (i figure that either my handwriting sucks, or the detection for regular writing just sucks)

sorry for beginners questions, but i couldn't find anything about it yet ..

xrscyr

Apr 1, 2011
Swift Key tablet version is my favorite, not to much of a fan of Swype but thats just my personal preference. its either stock android or swift key

Dueces99

Mar 7, 2011
If you like the full keyboard like I do, i recommend the Hacker's Keyboard. Not exactly sure why its called that but it uses a full QWERTY keyboard with arrow keys. Another is the Logitech Keyboard (still in beta but I havent had any issues) that has a full QWERTY that also you can swipe across the keyboard to show another keyboard that doubles as a technical keyboard or calculator.

If you like lots of buttons, is more open to customizing (button row/column height/width adjustments), either one would work great.

Duece

Reactions: coydroid
If you like the full keyboard like I do, i recommend the Hacker's Keyboard. Not exactly sure why its called that but it uses a full QWERTY keyboard with arrow keys. Another is the Logitech Keyboard (still in beta but I havent had any issues) that has a full QWERTY that also you can swipe across the keyboard to show another keyboard that doubles as a technical keyboard or calculator.

If you like lots of buttons, is more open to customizing (button row/column height/width adjustments), either one would work great.

Duece

+1 for Hacker's Keyboard. I usually use my tablet in the folio case so I have a nice hardware keyboard. However there have been plenty of times where I have had it out of the folio and been editing a document or posting on a forum and the hackers keyboard has come in extremely handy. It would be something I was willing to spend money on, but since it is free, it's an even better deal.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using xda premium

mcreal

Dec 27, 2010
Hackers Keyboard ist the best, it is for free you can use 5 row style (numbers and letters) and you can download different languages for auto correctur.

Tchitcherine

Feb 17, 2011
In portrait mode I usually use Swype, which is great even at 10inch!
In landscape mode and for things like SSH/Terminal, I use Hacker's Keyboard, which feels almost like the real thing :)

coydroid

Apr 26, 2012
THE BEAUTIFUL S.F. BAY AREA
Dueces beat me to it. HACKERS KEYBOARD for the closest simulation of a desktop keyboard (I've) found so far. Not only are the keys big and bold, perhaps more importantly they are scalable (as is the entire keyboard). :D

coydroid

MaxBuck

Aug 16, 2011
For those who like Swype, I strongly recommend the TouchPal keyboard. Its implementation of the swype input method is terrific.

Reactions: DeucesAx

DeucesAx

Oct 27, 2012
For those who like Swype, I strongly recommend the TouchPal keyboard. Its implementation of the swype input method is terrific.

I was just looking for a way to get the stock swype like keyboard back after installing cm 10.
Touchpal is even better!

Sent from my ThinkPadTablet using xda app-developers app

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
keyboard

I use Jelly Bean keyboard Pro, has a lot of options but no swyping

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

I use Jelly Bean keyboard Pro, has a lot of options but no swyping

Kryzyss

Nov 15, 2012
Kielce
I use original JB 4.1.2 keyboard, it's good but when I want to use thumb the Thumb Keyboard is invaluable :)
Great keyboard is original ICS from Sony smartphone's but it does not work on no Sony hardware, unfortunely...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Duece