[ROM] [SGH-I757M only] CyanogenMod 10 (ALPHA)

Search This thread

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1 / Jelly Bean ) for Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M)

CyanogenMod is an open source replacement firmware based on the Android mobile operating system for smart phones and tablet computers. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

Since development on this ROM is new, do not expect it to be as stable as CM9 yet. So far the basic functionality such as camera / phone / LTE / SMS / wi-fi / GPS is working. In the meantime please follow this thread for updates and user feedback.

20120825152748.jpg
20120825152812.jpg
20120825152718.jpg

Download:

WARNING! Do not flash this to a different device model from the one it's meant for. It will not work with the other Galaxy S2 iterations, so don't try it with the Bell Galaxy S2 I9100M (non-HD). DO NOT flash it on the Asian variant of the GS2 HD (SHV-E120) either, as it uses slightly different internal hardware - the ROM will be unstable and the phone component will not work. If you are sure you have the CANADIAN Bell Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M), then click on the button below:

(For questions about CM10 for the SHV-120L, contact skysbird on Twitter or GitHub. I will not discuss that device in my thread.)

OLD LINK: http://d-h.st/users/dsi

UPDATE: September 20, 2012: I am no longer maintaining the builds, please find latest versions here, thanks to XDA user crlogic:
http://d-h.st/users/crlogic

Go to the Dev-Host link above and navigate to the CM10 sub-folder to access the files required for the following steps. Please read the installation instructions carefully.

Support my work:

DONATE / FOLLOW ME

Full Installation Instructions, FAQs, Source Code, Acknowledgements, etc.:

Please follow the installation instructions in this thread, as they are similar. However, remember to use the 'cyanogenmod10' folder and the Jelly Bean Google Apps instead. In addition, you MUST do a data wipe when going from CM9 (or any other non-CM10 ROM) to CM10 and vice-versa.

FAQs, source code links, and more should be found at that link as well. I'll update this thread when I have more time.

NOTE: I was told by mods to post this thread in this General forum because it's not an I9100.

Last edited:

crlogic

Jun 25, 2010
Kingston
So far so good.

Wiped cache.
Restored to factory defaults.
Flashed cm-10-20120825c-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip (twice just to be safe)
Flashed Gapps
Booted ok
Installed TB
Restore apps..

We'll see how she runs..

Great work dsixda, couldn't have done it without you.

Cheers

jonnyjb

May 8, 2011
Calgary
I am Just updating to the C version. but everything has been really good so far i have been using it all day, only thing i noticed is "Media" is taking up A LOT of battery. has anyone else noticed this.. and i havent even listened to music..
Other then that. It was pretty flawless. ive made calls and text and used data. all fine. I had one force restart but thats it.... Im thinking this could be a daily driver.... well im going to use it as such and see but so far its awesome. thanks soooo much... you are the man. and i sent a little donation your way. cheers. mate

Last edited:
Reactions: dsixda

bestavrosg

Aug 1, 2012
So far so good was really hoping to see the touch to focus working on the camera but I guess no dice (n). Otherwise its prettyfuntional and pretty quick. Gallery seems to shut down every so often by itself but I'm getting wifi ,4g, GPS, and text/phone so as dsi said all major main functions are working properly. Thanks again!!

crlogic

Jun 25, 2010
Kingston
Am I just blind or is the option to use the volume rocker to move the cursor using the default Android keyboard missing??

I am looking under Settings --> Language & Input --> Android keyboard (AOSP)

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

I would be interested to hear peoples score using the new Google Octane benchmark with this ROM. I was getting 1000+ scores with CM9 using Chrome but that has dropped below 900 with Chrome and CM10.

http://octane-benchmark.googlecode.com/svn/latest/index.html

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Probably not a daily driver just quite yet based on various crashes and reboots using various apps from chrome, Goggle news to settings.

globexdesigns

Aug 25, 2012
I noticed that when upgrading from CM9, the Camera app doesn't show up after installing Gapps for CM10. You need to unpack the ZIP file and manually reinstall the Gallery2.apk app. Then the Camera app shows up.

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
If the gallery keeps force closing whenever you try to set camcorder mode, do this:

set it to front camera,
then front camcorder,
and then swap to rear camcorder.

No, that was not a haiku

Reactions: koodiifin

MBouchard

Apr 30, 2012
qr barcode scanner

Just a note of a possible bug, barcode scanner apps fc when camera tries to turn on.

jonnyjb

May 8, 2011
Calgary
Just a note of a possible bug, barcode scanner apps fc when camera tries to turn on.

I just tried 3 other scanners Google shopper, savvy scanner, red laser. They all force close or say camera encountered a problem, you may need to restart your system.

I went in to app manager to force close camera and it isn't there, i thought it was strange.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Just noticed the gallery didn't show anything for its settings and it's not syncing my photos from the cloud. Anyone else notice this?

bestavrosg

Aug 1, 2012
I just tried 3 other scanners Google shopper, savvy scanner, red laser. They all force close or say camera encountered a problem, you may need to restart your system.

I went in to app manager to force close camera and it isn't there, i thought it was strange.

I imagine you'd have to force close gallery as the camera/gallery are integrated in JB.

jonnyjb

May 8, 2011
Calgary
I should have mentioned that i did that and still nothing

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

dmeinder

Mar 31, 2012
So I've been running this for a day now, and its pretty good.

Aside from the barcode apps, every thing is working smooth with no crashes.

I've got to really thank OP for taking the time to do this...definitely beta or even RC.

Cheers!

jonnyjb

May 8, 2011
Calgary
I just ran into a problem with gallery. I no longer can see any photos and it won't sync my photos from my Google account. But i agree this is already very very good, i had one force restart but that's it.
Anyone else have any issues with gallery or know how to fix it?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I just ran into a problem with gallery. I no longer can see any photos and it won't sync my photos from my Google account. But i agree this is already very very good, i had one force restart but that's it.
Anyone else have any issues with gallery or know how to fix it?

update. I cleared data on gallery and rebooted and a while later it's back. But still no sync our settings

dmeinder

Mar 31, 2012
I've been using quick pic app as another user suggested, and it works awesome, and still has an ICS/JB feel to it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1 / Jelly Bean ) for Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M)

CyanogenMod is an open source replacement firmware based on the Android mobile operating system for smart phones and tablet computers. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

Since development on this ROM is new, do not expect it to be as stable as CM9 yet. So far the basic functionality such as camera / phone / LTE / SMS / wi-fi / GPS is working. In the meantime please follow this thread for updates and user feedback.

20120825152748.jpg
    20120825152812.jpg
    20120825152718.jpg

Download:

WARNING! Do not flash this to a different device model from the one it's meant for. It will not work with the other Galaxy S2 iterations, so don't try it with the Bell Galaxy S2 I9100M (non-HD). DO NOT flash it on the Asian variant of the GS2 HD (SHV-E120) either, as it uses slightly different internal hardware - the ROM will be unstable and the phone component will not work. If you are sure you have the CANADIAN Bell Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M), then click on the button below:

(For questions about CM10 for the SHV-120L, contact skysbird on Twitter or GitHub. I will not discuss that device in my thread.)

OLD LINK: http://d-h.st/users/dsi

UPDATE: September 20, 2012: I am no longer maintaining the builds, please find latest versions here, thanks to XDA user crlogic:
    http://d-h.st/users/crlogic

Go to the Dev-Host link above and navigate to the CM10 sub-folder to access the files required for the following steps. Please read the installation instructions carefully.

Support my work:

DONATE / FOLLOW ME

Full Installation Instructions, FAQs, Source Code, Acknowledgements, etc.:

Please follow the installation instructions in this thread, as they are similar. However, remember to use the 'cyanogenmod10' folder and the Jelly Bean Google Apps instead. In addition, you MUST do a data wipe when going from CM9 (or any other non-CM10 ROM) to CM10 and vice-versa.

FAQs, source code links, and more should be found at that link as well. I'll update this thread when I have more time.

NOTE: I was told by mods to post this thread in this General forum because it's not an I9100.
    PA2.99 22NOV2012 for i757m

http://d-h.st/users/Space/?fld_id=7675#files

Needs wipe data before upgrading from cm10. Sorry guys, I don't own an i757m so haven't tested it.
    cm-10-20121108a-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip posted with cypress-touchkey.c and bln.c from Socim repo. The lights are back but a little intermittent. Let me know how it works for the rest of you.

Thanks to Socim for the suggestions.

Oh yeah - new kernel too since the last update.
    I stopped posting builds since luneticks build has fixes that aren't included in dsi's repo and everyone wanted notification lights. So unless there is someone who can actually dev this stuff it's up to him to continue those builds