Smaller on-screen keyboard?

Search This thread

FerociousAndroid

Sep 23, 2011
Hello all,

Is there a way to reduce the size of the on-screen keyboard? When I'm using the tablet horizontal the dang OSK seems to take up almost 50% of the screen realestate.

Thx
-FA

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
You can Pinch the samsung keyboard and choose a different layout. I usually use the Thumb typing keyboard.

There are also some 3rd party keyboards with features to shrink and change it.

This is the wrong forum to post this Questions go in the questions/ help forum

Reactions: Fluxcore

FerociousAndroid

Sep 23, 2011
1st - My apologies for posting on the wrong forum. MOD please move to correct forum.

2nd - Thank you so much! That worked. Was able to get the split and floating OSK.

-FA

Haldi4803

I'm using the Jelly Bean Keyboard: Play store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jlsoft.inputmethod.latin.jelly.free

because i'm not on Stock Rom anymore, you can set the Button hight! and it has a Split version for Thumby keyboard
lLJzU0gSEuwEvzDs3vDAtlrZyBEXMrE3Oo1AOjO2RZ26seEf2b2snz7ZZB-yGChWNw=h900

bveditz

Oct 24, 2009
Los Angeles
Swiftkey has a nice floating keyboard which is small and can be moved around on the screen... Plus since it's small, you can actually use the swype function usefully on a tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can Pinch the samsung keyboard and choose a different layout. I usually use the Thumb typing keyboard.

There are also some 3rd party keyboards with features to shrink and change it.

This is the wrong forum to post this Questions go in the questions/ help forum