[Q] SMS Messages on Lock Screen

Search This thread
May 9, 2014
Hi

Is it possible to see who has sent me a text from the lock screen? Had a look at the lock screen widgets but none there for that - can you download more Z2 widgets?

Thanks

goodpenguin

Mar 25, 2013
Since this topic was brought up, I might as well ask here. I notice that deleting messages and conversations with the default SMS app is extremely slow. I don't know if it's because I have 30,000+ messages already but even deleting a thread with 2 messages is still slow. I really like the default SMS but is there a faster SMS app that can manage thousands of messages? Go SMS is also slowing down so I want to try a different one.

King Cole

Jun 26, 2012
Boston, MA
Lol... If you find one, lemme know. I'm a text-aholic, so I'm sending ~6000 a month, and I like to archive my old ones (OCD I guess). The only solution I've found is to use TitBackup and every month or so backup all messages, then put take that backup and put it on my computer, and delete all messages on the phone.

goodpenguin

Mar 25, 2013
Lol... If you find one, lemme know. I'm a text-aholic, so I'm sending ~6000 a month, and I like to archive my old ones (OCD I guess). The only solution I've found is to use TitBackup and every month or so backup all messages, then put take that backup and put it on my computer, and delete all messages on the phone.

Is it the same issues with you when deleting threads? I tried SMS Backup and Restore for backing up my sms but Sony has Xperia Transfer app as well so either is convenient for sms backup. The SMS app is the real challenge though. Even my previous Galaxy S2 and my cousin's S4 have slowdown issues with their default sms app.

King Cole

Jun 26, 2012
Boston, MA
I think that might just be the way Android process text messages. Was your last phone any faster? I can't honestly remember if mine was (and TitBackup still does it quite fast btw).

goodpenguin

Mar 25, 2013
I think that might just be the way Android process text messages. Was your last phone any faster? I can't honestly remember if mine was (and TitBackup still does it quite fast btw).

Galaxy S2 deletes messages and threads faster. Maybe it's because it's a backup file which is why it's slower to process it? Deleting threads takes me around 20 sec or more depending on the size of the thread.

King Cole

Jun 26, 2012
Boston, MA
Galaxy S2 deletes messages and threads faster. Maybe it's because it's a backup file which is why it's slower to process it? Deleting threads takes me around 20 sec or more depending on the size of the thread.

Yeah, never again am I using any kind of message backup other than TitBackup. I did a test-import of one of my old text archives, and it was done in under 2 minutes.

For now, I'm just gonna have to wait the couple hours for my SMS Backup and Restore backup to be imported, then I'm so done with it.

goodpenguin

Mar 25, 2013
Can you also test how long does it take to delete a message from your backup? No need to delete the entire thread if it's important, just maybe 4 messages in the thread will do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wrong Forum, this should go in the Q&A Forum.

But a combination of DashClock and DashNotifier will give you what you want.