I am playing tvshows and movies on my glasses BUT!

Search This thread

Kimmi1

Nov 22, 2009
As you guys can see I spent better half of yesterday, trying to connect my glasses to my computer, and I finally managed to do so.

I have copied over movies and TVshows to my glasses and the video software works perfect.

How ever..... the google glass disply have a blueish color to it. I can watch movies, but the "blue filter" is abit anoying.

All google menus and everything else works perfect, I guess they are not made to show movies.

Does anyone else experience this?
I havent found any other posts on the internet about this.

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
As you guys can see I spent better half of yesterday, trying to connect my glasses to my computer, and I finally managed to do so.

I have copied over movies and TVshows to my glasses and the video software works perfect.

How ever..... the google glass disply have a blueish color to it. I can watch movies, but the "blue filter" is abit anoying.

All google menus and everything else works perfect, I guess they are not made to show movies.

Does anyone else experience this?
I havent found any other posts on the internet about this.

I watch Netflix on my Glass all the time and have never experienced any discoloration.

Kimmi1

Nov 22, 2009
I dont fully understand what your saying, but did you use this apk?
Netflix 3.5.1 build 1566 apk file for Android:

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
I have to ask...

Watching anything on Glass is less than ideal. And considering you need your smartphone to use Glass 99% of the time, why are you watching video on Glass and not your smartphone? Not only is your smartphone screen larger and easier to view, you don't have to look upward straining your eye. Just curious..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kimmi1

Nov 22, 2009
I have to ask...

Watching anything on Glass is less than ideal. And considering you need your smartphone to use Glass 99% of the time, why are you watching video on Glass and not your smartphone? Not only is your smartphone screen larger and easier to view, you don't have to look upward straining your eye. Just curious..

short answer.... because I can.

I never stated I would throw my TV out the window and use netflix only on Glasses from now on.
I just wanna see whats possible.

...and right now its not possible to watch clear video on my Glasses, everybody is blue :D

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
I have to ask...

I work as a software developer. It's really convenient having Netflix in the corner of my vision while I hack away on my work computer without interfering with my work space. I definitely wouldn't recommend staring at the prism for the duration of an entire movie though.

And yes I'm using the normal Netflix apk from the Play Store.

Kimmi1

Nov 22, 2009
I work as a software developer. It's really convenient having Netflix in the corner of my vision while I hack away on my work computer without interfering with my work space. I definitely wouldn't recommend staring at the prism for the duration of an entire movie though.

And yes I'm using the normal Netflix apk from the Play Store.

Okey, I managed to adb install netflix.apk

but when I try to adb install Settings.apk and adb install Launcher2.apk
I get error: Failure [install_failed_uid_changed]

Does this have something to do with XE18.11??

Im using this guide:
http://www.recursiverobot.com/post/74960342167/netflix-and-audible-on-glass

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
Okey, I managed to adb install netflix.apk

but when I try to adb install Settings.apk and adb install Launcher2.apk
I get error: Failure [install_failed_uid_changed]

Does this have something to do with XE18.11??

Im using this guide:
http://www.recursiverobot.com/post/74960342167/netflix-and-audible-on-glass

Launcher2 and Settings probably won't work on the newer versions of Glass with KitKat (XE16+). But continue following that guide to install GlassLauncher (that's mine! :D) and Netflix should show up properly from there.

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
Would you mind making a apk-file :)

I stated this elsewhere, but it bears repeating:

jtxdriggers said:
Unfortunately, Google's GDK developer policies state that, "You may not publish or distribute Glassware outside of the official Google-hosted Google Mirror API Client and GDK application distribution channel, unless otherwise approved in writing by Google."

I really would love to post the APK, but I'll wait until Google allows it. Besides, learning to compile the app from source would be highly beneficial for a tinkerer like yourself.

Kimmi1

Nov 22, 2009
I stated this elsewhere, but it bears repeating:

I really would love to post the APK, but I'll wait until Google allows it. Besides, learning to compile the app from source would be highly beneficial for a tinkerer like yourself.

dont know if my compiling is wrong or your glass software :D

apk.gif

Last edited:

Kimmi1

Nov 22, 2009
Strange. I've never used apktool though, so it might only be used for compiling already decompiled apps.

Here's a fork of my repo where someone seemed to upload the compiled APK: http://github.com/stanzheng/Glass-Launcher

Thank you, I downloaded it, and installed.
It said success, but I cant find it in my Glass menu, should it be in the same menu where I find "take picture, watch movie, fly helicopted... ect"

I have also rebooted my glasses with no luck.

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
Thank you, I downloaded it, and installed.
It said success, but I cant find it in my Glass menu, should it be in the same menu where I find "take picture, watch movie, fly helicopted... ect"

I have also rebooted my glasses with no luck.

Sorry about that. The main activity needs to be started at least once. After that the launcher will show up to the left of the main screen with the clock.

Code:
adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN com.jtxdriggers.android.glass.glasslauncher/com.jtxdriggers.android.glass.glasslauncher.MainActivity

Kimmi1

Nov 22, 2009
Sorry about that. The main activity needs to be started at least once. After that the launcher will show up to the left of the main screen with the clock.

Code:
adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN com.jtxdriggers.android.glass.glasslauncher/com.jtxdriggers.android.glass.glasslauncher.MainActivity

Amazing, thank you, now I just need to find out how to login :)

Last edited: