Kdz update doesn't work (d806)

Search This thread

fefin

Dec 7, 2013
Hi all!

My phone has only the download mode available, the computer recognize it, but it can't past the 2% of the upgrade i dont know why. Is this a driver issue? because this method worked once on the same pc when i upgragred from jb to kk.

Also, with the tot method: LGFlashTool recognizes the phone but as d802 not s d806 (i think its because installed cloudyfa baseband), so i cant flash the right tot file. The one flashed on the phone just keeps restarting it.
There is any way to flash a tot file from d806 on a d802 phone? if there were one i would be able to fix this (hope so).

Hope you can help me. Have a nice day.

fefin

Dec 7, 2013
Well, i solved the problem. This is the solution for all the people with mismatch devices on lgflashtool:

Download the right .tot file for your device. Make sure is the right one.
Download a hex editor program (I recommend hxd hex editor)
Open the .tot file with the hex editor, and find the first and the line that has the device number, and change it to the device that shows in lgflashtool.

For example: my device originally was d806, but lgflashtool recognizes it as d802, so i changed 806, to 802 in the first and the second line that shows the device code.

Then save the .tot file, and flash it with the attached .dll (LGUP_8974.dll)

This worked for me, and i think will work for everyone else.

Hope you can fix your device as i did.

bye!

Attachments

• LGUP_8974.zip
    418.3 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: wulsic

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
That would be also an new fix I guess but did you flashed maybe an d802 rom? Cause maybe the flashtool reads the system/build.prop for the device number to prevent bricks.

Last edited:

fefin

Dec 7, 2013
Yes, that's what the lgflashtool does, but if you flashed your cellphone before and the build prop has changed this is the way to flash it back.

Im 100% sure that the .tot file was for d806, because i flased the d802 and the phone booted, but restarted after 10 sec, no keyboard, etc.

Also, im from Argentina so all the devices here are d806.

Now im on Kitkat, cloudystock and dorinmax installed, so this method work to recover your dead phones or to flash if your build prop is incorrect.

THIS IS NOT MY METHOD. Just posted here and made a "tutorial". Found someone who was having the same problem on reddit and he solved it with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: wulsic

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@fefin nice that would be idd an quick fix. When you flashed it do you have now d806 mentioned in your build.prop or d802? I think d806 but i just wanna be sure that editing that only edits the device model check.

fefin

Dec 7, 2013
@fefin nice that would be idd an quick fix. When you flashed it do you have now d806 mentioned in your build.prop or d802? I think d806 but i just wanna be sure that editing that only edits the device model check.

Yep, you're right. Now it says d806 :D.
This method is only for skip the device model check (actually you dont skip it, you just force the flashtool to read whatever you like).

Enviado desde mi LG-D806 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MH2033

Aug 1, 2013
use another flashtool

use lg 2014 falsh tool.i had the same problem but it fixed my prob.and th e good point of it is it doesnt need you to be conncted to the internet
sorry for my poor language

fefin

Dec 7, 2013
Already fixed the problem. But thanks anyways

Enviado desde mi LG-D806 usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, i solved the problem. This is the solution for all the people with mismatch devices on lgflashtool:

Download the right .tot file for your device. Make sure is the right one.
    Download a hex editor program (I recommend hxd hex editor)
    Open the .tot file with the hex editor, and find the first and the line that has the device number, and change it to the device that shows in lgflashtool.

For example: my device originally was d806, but lgflashtool recognizes it as d802, so i changed 806, to 802 in the first and the second line that shows the device code.

Then save the .tot file, and flash it with the attached .dll (LGUP_8974.dll)

This worked for me, and i think will work for everyone else.

Hope you can fix your device as i did.

bye!
    Yes, that's what the lgflashtool does, but if you flashed your cellphone before and the build prop has changed this is the way to flash it back.

Im 100% sure that the .tot file was for d806, because i flased the d802 and the phone booted, but restarted after 10 sec, no keyboard, etc.

Also, im from Argentina so all the devices here are d806.

Now im on Kitkat, cloudystock and dorinmax installed, so this method work to recover your dead phones or to flash if your build prop is incorrect.

THIS IS NOT MY METHOD. Just posted here and made a "tutorial". Found someone who was having the same problem on reddit and he solved it with this.