Update incoming?

Search This thread

totorip

Jul 16, 2008
Un membre du forum vient de nous tenir au courant d’une mise à jour imminente pour le Nexus One, parmi les changements :

* Libération RAM
* Résolution de problème de « crazy screen »
* Résolution du croisement Multitouch
* Activation du Color Trackball
* Activation Radio FM

http://www.frandroid.com/13874/nexus-one-mise-a-jour-imminente/

You can translate to english !

Last edited by a moderator:

grainysand

Dec 16, 2009
More access to RAM, fix for the screen calibration issue, multi-touch cross axis fix, trackball colors, FM radio? Hells to the yes, if true (even if several of these are already available in custom ROMs, the FM radio and screen fix would be welcome).

altarity

May 22, 2007
So... I just read the forum post on fandroid. According to the author, he had contacted HTC about a sending his Nexus back to HTC to repair the problem with the touch screen losing it's mind (my words not his). The HTC representative told him that he should wait because a new update was coming soon. and it would:

free RAM
fix the "crazy screen' problem
improve calibration of touch screen
Color track ball notification
enable the fm radio.

neok44

May 19, 2009
Florida
sounds good to me. and assuming the guy isn't bullshitting, if HTC says it it should be true.

Those are 5 very nice updates

arkavat

Apr 2, 2008
Looks too good to be true. But then again this is google we are talking about...might just be legit....well anyways it is about time to fix these bugs and shut up the critics.

PacoL250

Mar 21, 2010
Might be fake, might not, but the touch screen wackiness has me really annoyed and I've only had this phone for less than a month.

The sometimes non-responsive or over-responsive screen is driving me nuts. Going to call Google's tech support tomorrow.

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
What is ''crazy screen''??
Is it the way the screen consumes too much battery or th color banding we can notice in some pics?

Google's statement:
"The Gallery app in Android 2.0.1 is different from the Gallery app in Android 2.1. Google developed Gallery in Android 2.0.1, which uses 24-bit color rendered using 2D technology. On the other hand, Cooliris created Gallery in Android 2.1, which uses 16-bit textures rendered using 3D technology. We don't have anything specific to share at this time regarding the Gallery app in future versions."

Is this what you mean about image quality? Hopefully not because if it is I guess Google doesn't see it as something that needs to be fixed.

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
I guarantee this is fake.

Quick way to check: a few of us call HTC and ask if there will be an update to fix the touch screen issues.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Who's feeling brave? ;)

http://www.htc.com/www/CA_Hotline.aspx

Yup, definitely a hoax. I just called them.

So... I just read the forum post on fandroid. According to the author, he had contacted HTC about a sending his Nexus back to HTC to repair the problem with the touch screen losing it's mind (my words not his). The HTC representative told him that he should wait because a new update was coming soon. and it would:

free RAM
fix the "crazy screen' problem
improve calibration of touch screen
Color track ball notification
enable the fm radio.

I just called HTC and they said Nexus One support is actually through Google themselves now. The number is 1-888-716-3593 7a-10p eastern time (so they just closed 20 minutes ago).

I asked if he had any idea of an update coming to fix some of these issues and he said no idea, would have to call Google.

So if the guy from the frandroid article called HTC and they said that, it's 100% false.