Note international way way Bette that Att note

Search This thread

tupirujp

Dec 18, 2010
I'm getting a note from att .... and I'm looking on the reviews and seems like they all ***** on the att one .... so what I do ? Do I cancel my order and get the international seems like the international have better performance for everything ..... and what's the difference on the screen whit the 2 of them .....

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
This is my quadrant score on att phone with saurom rom. My clock is set to 1566 MHz. If I overclock my phone it will get over 4000 easily. This is just the beginning devs are hard at work. Its only been 2 weeks and we got a couple of great roms!

62fda4e2-d10c-2a35.jpg

Sent from the Almighty Note! ;)

Last edited:

rgarjr

Feb 7, 2012
Los Angeles
The int note has a more powerful CPU but u probably won't notice it using some regular tasks. Screens should be the same I would think.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is the fastest device Ive ever had my hands on. That includes ios devices and my T2 Transformer. Even with ICS the UI isnt as fast as my note (read: smoothness...the pages and apps may transition or load faster sometimes on my transformer, but it isnt as buttery). And while the international note may have a faster SoC, the ATT note hasnt stuttered a single time nor has it dropped the frame rate below 30 fps in any game. And Ive played some demanding titles. Ive played dead space, idatank, zombie wonderland, and a whole host of other games. Plus, your getting LTE in exchange. Would i have preferred an exynos based SoC? yea. But not in exchange for LTE.

The bottom line: the note is blazing fast now, and will only get faster when ICS comes out this month. The real world performance differences are negligible, and not even worth mentioning. And battery life (which is good with the screen power management enabled) i havent had a single problem with the phone.

Last edited:

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
It really all depends, do you care about 4G LTE Speeds or quadrant scores? The int version has the better processor but isn't compatible with LTE. IMO, After rooting and removing some of the bloatware on the AT&T note, it runs smooth like butter. But the int version has some great features that the AT&T version didn't come with. Those would be scrolling wallpaper, movie editor, and a few options in settings. Its hard to get the best of both worlds...

-On another NOTE, Samsung goes 5.3"

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It really all depends, do you care about 4G LTE Speeds or quadrant scores? The int version has the better processor but isn't compatible with LTE. IMO, After rooting and removing some of the bloatware on the AT&T note, it runs smooth like butter. But the int version has some great features that the AT&T version didn't come with. Those would be scrolling wallpaper, movie editor, and a few options in settings. Its hard to get the best of both worlds...

-On another NOTE, Samsung goes 5.3"

Of u install Saurom it has alot of the settings restored that the att version does not have.

Sent from the Almighty Note! ;)

tupirujp

Dec 18, 2010
So I be good whit my att note

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
This is the fastest device Ive ever had my hands on. That includes ios devices and my T2 Transformer. Even with ICS the UI isnt as fast as my note (read: smoothness...the pages and apps may transition or load faster sometimes on my transformer, but it isnt as buttery). And while the international note may have a faster SoC, the ATT note hasnt stuttered a single time nor has it dropped the frame rate below 30 fps in any game. And Ive played some demanding titles. Ive played dead space, idatank, zombie wonderland, and a whole host of other games. Plus, your getting LTE in exchange. Would i have preferred an exynos based SoC? yea. But not in exchange for LTE.

The bottom line: the note is blazing fast now, and will only get faster when ICS comes out this month. The real world performance differences are negligible, and not even worth mentioning. And battery life (which is good with the screen power management enabled) i havent had a single problem with the phone.

The international note won't even see ICS this month. Don't hold your breath for the ATT one to either

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

hegemytouch

Mar 2, 2010
I heard the note has a barometer in it...is that for the att and international version?

Galaxy Note

BDK2012

Dec 21, 2011
I've got the bell version just installed app Barometer HD checked with my local weather station and its right on... :D my note just keeps getting better Thanks Samsung

hauj0bb

Nov 8, 2010
Austin
Intl Note doesn't have NFC, nor is it LTE capable. That makes up for the slight difference in CPU performance in the ATT Note, IMO.

Yes, I know NFC isn't enabled yet, but the hardware is there.

Reactions: robstunner

Underground_XI

Feb 28, 2012
If you live in North America, it is better to get the att note. (warranty stuff, lte) If you live in europe is better to get the int'l one. I personally do not care what people say about the processor, you don't notice the difference and even the benchmark scores do not mean anything! +I like att note's design better

imitenotbecrazy

Nov 9, 2011
Intl Note doesn't have NFC, nor is it LTE capable. That makes up for the slight difference in CPU performance in the ATT Note, IMO.

You can enable it with a canadian based rom like Saurom. I have been writing tags today with Nfc task launcher. Really cool app that allows you to write a batch of commands to an Nfc tag so that when in the vicinity, the phone runs the batch. I have one now on my car dock to turn off wifi, turn on bluetooth, open voice talk, turn up volume, turn on gps. All without touching the phone

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
I get 3200 in quadrant first run underclocked on aosp ics.

I say to each his own. If u play a lot of games and video and don't have lte in your city go international. If you can use lte stick with the att version as you won't notice a huge performance difference in daily use between the two phones

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

rgarjr

Feb 7, 2012
Los Angeles
I have an iPhone 4s on AT&T with the unlimited data plan. Was wondering if you can switch back and forth between an iPhone and Note LTE? Being that they are are 2 different data plans (HSPA+ and LTE) would there be any conflicts switching SIM cards between them?

lJesseCusterl

Feb 28, 2012
Pascagoula, MS
I have an iPhone 4s on AT&T with the unlimited data plan. Was wondering if you can switch back and forth between an iPhone and Note LTE? Being that they are are 2 different data plans (HSPA+ and LTE) would there be any conflicts switching SIM cards between them?
Yes, there are many conflicts. The 4S runs HSPA+ and the Note runs LTE...the plans are provisioned differently in the system. Not to mention Android devices and iDevices run two different provisions even between 3G or HSPA+. Then there's the microSIM versus standard SIM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also lots of us got it for around $150 with contract. Sure beats $650-$700.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Let me break it down for you.

$150 on contract, plus $39.99 for 450 anytime minutes and 5000 nights/weekends with rollover. Plus $20 for unlimited texts and mobile to mobile. Plus $30 for 3GB of data, LTE or HSPA.

So $150 on contract, plus $39.99+$20+$30 every month, or $89.99 a month. For two years, this is $2,309.76.

OR, I can spend $600 for my international Note (actually got it in a trade, so free but let's say I did spend $600).
    $50 a month for unlimited talk, text and HSPA (AT&T LTE is in all of what, six markets right now?)

So assuming I keep it for two years (why would I, I don't have a contract so I can upgrade at any time?), it is $50 x 24 + $600, or $1,800.

A savings of $500 over two years.
    Also lots of us got it for around $150 with contract. Sure beats $650-$700.

2 year contract vs. complete freedom.....i'll take freedom....not to mention ridiculous prices on throttled data over at AT&T

I have the international Note and picked up the AT&T version for my wife. I have been comparing both and in everyday tasks there is only a very slight bit of lag on the AT&T version but nothing that would be a deal breaker. I think the differnce can be chalked up to my Note being rooted with latest firmware and all bloat removed, and hers stock unrooted.

So IMO it comes down to features and your preference. I prefer the physical home button, my wife likes the capacitive buttons. No LTE in our area yet but she wants it so when they do roll it out here. She also prefers being able to deal with warranty issues directly with the carrier.

All I can say is get either one, you will love it. Best phone I've ever owned. Still amazes me every day.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
    AT&T Note might suffer from the same screen issues that the Skyrocket and Hercules have. Because of the Snapdragon processor. Just saying. International is also faster, nothing said about that. International has more developers as well.

I would certainly hope the International has more developers...been out longer..