Fixing 'speaker is used when receiving a call'

Search This thread

barrielui

Nov 11, 2011
Hong Kong
This seems not to be a bug of sony, LG users have this problem too. It is caused by the latest version of chrome browser, although I don't know why…

So, Uninstall update of chrome fixes the bug.

If you want to use newer version of chrome, it is confirmed that chrome beta do not cause the bug.

Sent from my LT29i using xda-developers app

adiq_ambro

Oct 25, 2011
This seems not to be a bug of sony, LG users have this problem too. It is caused by the latest version of chrome browser, although I don't know why…

If you want to use newer version of chrome, it is confirmed that chrome beta do not cause the bug.

That's interesting, could you provide link to appropriate topic/site?

kingstonxl

Jul 3, 2012
Poznań

That's most stupid thing I've read on XDA! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

barrielui

Nov 11, 2011
Hong Kong
Though it works for me, as well as many other users, there are many comments about that on play store. Then try disable it.

Sent from my LT29i using xda app-developers app

sunlight10f

Oct 25, 2011
This definitely works, uninstalling chrome updates or disabling it stops the calls starting in the speaker.

mdc1983uk

Aug 19, 2013
Read your own post back then buddy cos that's looking pretty stupid to me. Not as stupid as some of these bugs on 4.3 though :D

Moving on, 100% confirmed. I never even knew about this bug using peetr's hybrid ROM which has chrome replaced with AOSP browser. Soon as I installed chrome the first call I made came blaring out on speaker. Wtf sooner I can upgrade this nightmare of a phone the better.

[QDon'UOTE=kingstonxl;51039022]That's most stupid thing I've read on XDA! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app[/QUOTE]