[Q] Root Problems

Search This thread

maxwellz

Sep 6, 2012
I'm having a strange time with my phone, I rooted the phone, by the guides on xda, everything went well, superSu was installed,
then I tried to flash a new recovery and a new kernel, but nothing worked, after some searching I found this AutoRec tool, it worked
the recovery changed to TWRP, so I tried to flash dorimanx again, and again nothing changed, the flashing was done, but after reboot still
no change with the kernel.
So I checked if the device is rooted, I did this on the begining of the process and it was, now, it showed that the device isn;t rooted.
Now I have a TWRP recovery, without root, and when I try to root, I have to press "apply update from adb..." but I dont have thing option anymore,

Thanks a lot for your help!

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I'm having a strange time with my phone, I rooted the phone, by the guides on xda, everything went well, superSu was installed,
then I tried to flash a new recovery and a new kernel, but nothing worked, after some searching I found this AutoRec tool, it worked
the recovery changed to TWRP, so I tried to flash dorimanx again, and again nothing changed, the flashing was done, but after reboot still
no change with the kernel.
So I checked if the device is rooted, I did this on the begining of the process and it was, now, it showed that the device isn;t rooted.
Now I have a TWRP recovery, without root, and when I try to root, I have to press "apply update from adb..." but I dont have thing option anymore,

Thanks a lot for your help!

You can still root with custom recovery the difference is you need to go to advanced and sideload to be able to apply the root.zip, you can also look for the flashable supersu.zip and flash it from recovery and that will root your device

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

maxwellz

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks for your reply, I gained back the root.
Downloaded from PlayStore some app called Rebooted - went to recovery [TWRP if it has any influence] and flashed Dorimanx kernel,
the flashing is over, but nothing new... it just doesnt install nothing... so strange..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts