Search This thread

Hannibal226

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro
[ROM][4.2.2] RootBox ♦ Support ♦ Help-Index ♦ Discussion [i9100/i9100g/n7000]

538m0o.png

Welcome to the official Support Thread for the RootBox Rom build by Bajee11!!!

In this thread you can ask any question related to the RootBox official builds!

Before you start, please read the following...

♦ Team ♦

First we want to introduce the team behind this thread, which tries to keep the thread helpful for all:

♦ Rules ♦

A few rules beside the general XDA-Rules:
  • Only RootBox related questions and feedbacks.
  • Respect all here, but especially the Support Team which use their free time to help you as fast & helpful as possible and keep this thread alive.
  • Read at least two last pages before posting to keep repetitions as low as possible.
  • Check our Help-Index, Known Issues, Kernel corner and other 1st page content before asking or reporting
  • Do not announce and discuss in this thread any unofficial builds of RootBox as it causes a lot of confusion to the RootBox users. There is dedicated thread for unofficial RootBox builds.
♦ Thread content ♦

In this thread (posts #2, #3 and #4) you can find answers to the following questions:
  • Have a question or issue? Read Help-Index in the beginning of the 2nd post. There are answers to many common questions, howtos, tips and tricks.
  • Want to request for a feature? Check Feature-Request-Ranking at the end of the 2nd post. It shows the five most wished features from RootBox users.
  • Interested in newest features? Check Changelog of both Stable and Nightly releases in the beginning of the 3rd post.
  • Need to report an issue? Check Known issues list in the middle of the 3rd post. It lists known / most discussed issues, workaround if available and latest fixed issues.
  • Want an alternative kernels or need to reflash stock kernel? Look into the Kernel corner at the end of the 3rd post. It contains important kernel related information.
  • Still hungry for information? Go through the Useful Links / Threads in the beginning of the 4th post. Lot of interesting stuff is there.
  • Interested in themes or mods? Read information in Modifications for stock (system) theme section at the end of the 4th post. It will learn you how to get your favorite colors.

♦ Credits & Thanks to ♦

BigDenn for logo and help

♦ Official builds & downloads ♦

Bajee (the only developer of this ROM) is building on XDA and basketbuild. His builds for i9100, i9100g and n7000 are built and released on basketbuild and optionally mirrored to goo.im:
Official Stable builds
Official Nightly builds

Last edited by a moderator:

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Alternative Download

♦Dev-Host♦
♦AndroidFileHost♦

♦ Help-Index ♦

A
Alarm
How can I disable alarm icon?

• You can enable/disable alarm icon in statusbar in Clock > Settings.
  • You can enable/disable next alarm information on cLock widget in RootBox Settings > cLock > Clock and alarm.

B
Battery
How can I save my battery? (Without flashing anything or undervolt kernel)

• You can check all apps/functions which sync in background like GPS, Wlan or Social accounts (If not needed = disable)
  • Set the Brightness down (Settings > Display > Brightness)
  • Use dark (best black) theme & wallpaper & lockscreenwallpaper

C
cLock & Clock
How can I place cLock on lockscreen?

Look into Lockscreen section below.

Where do I configure cLock?

RootBox Settings > cLock. There you can configure Clock + Weather + Calendar settings. Note that all these settings apply to both homescreen and lockscreen cLock widget.

How can I change color of cLock / Clock widget?

As first, it is important to note, that there are two different widgets with the same digital clock layout:
  1. Digital clock is classic digital clock widget in a new design. It is configured by Settings of the Clock app. There you can beside other settings change color of clock / date / alarm and it will apply to the widget.
  2. cLock is brand new CM widget combining digital clock in a new design, weather forecast and calendar events. It is configured in RootBox Settings > cLock where you change font colors.

The localization and weather isn't working

Uninstall cClock and install in again from here.

D
DPI
How can I customize DPI?

For now there is no overall system DPI change possibility, so that u have to use the 'Settings > Hybrid settings'.
Here you should choose the stock PA-settings and then swipe to the right - this should open the PA-menu on the left.
Now choose ‘Interface’ and set at all dpi-regulators on your DPI you want to have.

Most apps also get this configuration, but some like Phone, Calculator or Chrome, have to been set manually.
That for change from ‘Interface’ to ‘Apps’ and choose the same DPI for all bright apps you can see at the top.

If you did this, you should have overall the same DPI.
If u want to have different DPI’s per app, just run free in the ‘Apps’-section.

My device isn’t supported in playstore after changing DPI

You have to use the MultiDPI-Playstore here from URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4534385"] “MyLifeRocks10”[/URL]
=> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1839871

Data
I can't find the Data toggle!?

It's renamed to "signal".

E
Expanded Desktop
Can I use Expanded desktop on this ROM?

Yes. Enable it in RootBox Settings and switch it on or off in Power menu.

F
FC (any app)
After update or some system changes (e.g. DPI change), my app XY is ending with FC (Forced Close) repeatidly.

Anytime you have some app ending with FC, try:
  1. Settings > Apps > ALL > XY and click Clear data and try the app again.
  2. Reboot to recovery > advanced > fix permissions > reboot and try the app again.
  3. Reboot to recovery > wipe cache and advanced > wipe dalvik cache + after reboot repeat step 1 and try the app again.
  4. Try FULL WIPE installation of the ROM.

Flashing
How to flash this ROM?

It depends on your starting position. Here are possible options:
Option 1: Updating RootBox with stable/nightly version without major changes - Without Full Wipe
  1. Download ROM and put it on internal sd card
  2. Go into recovery mode
  3. Then flash RootBox
    -- install .zip from sd card > choose .zip from internal sd card
    -- select RootBox.zip and flash it
  4. Then flash Gapps
    -- select gapps.zip and flash it
  5. Recovery > wipe cache partition (optional)
  6. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache (optional)
  7. Reboot and you are done!
Option 2: Incremental Update => That for have a look at “I”
Option 3: Coming from another ROM or updating RootBox version with major changes or having strange problems - With Full Wipe
  2. Go into recovery mode
  3. DO A FULL WIPE!!! (This won’t effect data of internal or external sd-card)
    -- wipe data/ factory reset
    -- wipe cahe partition
    -- advanced > wipe dalvik cache
    -- mount and storage > format data/system/cache
  4. Then flash RootBox
    -- Select RootBox.zip and flash it
  5. Then flash Gapps
  6. Recovery > wipe cache partition
  7. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache
  8. Reboot and you are done!
Option 4: Coming From Stock ROM (Samsung firmware, no root)
=> Root and Backup
  1. Download Odin (http://androidfirmwares.net/Tools)
  2. Download root kernel (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1103399)
    -- just scroll down and search for your version (settings>about phone>basis version)
  3. Flash it via Odin
    -- extract .zip
    -- load the root kernel in Odin (as PDA)
    -- put SGSII in download mode (Vol-, Home and Powerbutton)
    -- press "Start"
  4. Phone should reboot by itself
  5. Turn it off, then start phone in recovery mode (Vol+, Home and Powerbutton)
  6. Go to:
    -- backup and restore
    -- backup to internal sd card (for sure you can choose external if have and want it there)
    -- confirm it and then let do the phone the backup (can take a while [5-20 min])
=> Now start the process for flash Rom.
  2. Go into recovery mode
  3. DO A FULL WIPE!!! (This won’t effect data of internal or external sd-card)
    -- wipe cahe partition
  4. Then flash RootBox
  5. Then flash Gapps
  6. Recovery > wipe cache partition
  7. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache
  8. Reboot and you are done!
Option 5: Coming from LSJ based ROM
  2. Download any Dorimanx or Syiah kernel and put it on internal sd card
  3. Go into recovery mode
  4. Flash Dorimanx or Syiah kernel
    -- select Kernel.zip and flash it
  5. Go into advanced menu and Reboot recovery
  6. DO A FULL WIPE!!! (This won’t effect data of internal or external sd-card)
    -- wipe cache partition
  7. Then flash RootBox
  8. Then flash Gapps
  9. Recovery > wipe cache partition
  10. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache
  11. Reboot and you are done!

G
GAPPS
Do I have to flash GAPPS with ROM?

Generally musst have the Gapps package!
But u only have to flash it once, because since v4.0 (also some nightlies before), the backup function got enabled.
This will save the Gapps, so that a “dirty update*” with new Rom.zip is enough.

*If u don’t know what this means, check ‘Option 1’ under the point F->Flashing (without step 4 here)

What version of GAPPS should I download?

It's always recommended to use the newest Gapps
Latest Gapps you also can find here:
♦Dev-Host♦
♦AndroidFileHost♦

But you also can have a look on the unofficial Gapps from BaNkS!, which gives you different versions.
Gapps from BaNkS!

Goo.im
I can’t download files via Goo.im

Latest stables, nightlies and Gapps you also can find here:
♦Dev-Host♦
♦AndroidFileHost♦

H
HALO

How to configure HALO?

There are three places where you configure HALO behavior:
1. Settings > RootBox Settings > HALO Settings where you configure basic HALO Notifications behavior
2. Settings > Apps > [Any App options] where you enable / disable concrete app Blacklist / Whitelist entry
3. Paranoid Android HALO))) App from Play Store where you configure apps for persistent notifications in so called floating mode.

What are options in Settings > RootBox Settings > HALO Settings?

- HALO policy allows you to choose between Blacklist (default) or Whitelist policy. In Blacklist mode are notifications from all app ON by default and you can explicitly configure some of them not to show HALO notifications by entering them to Blacklist. In Whitelist mode are notifications from all app OFF by default and you can explicitly configure some of them to show HALO notifications by entering them to Whitelist.
- Hide HALO after activity (disabled by default) allows you (if enabled) to hide HALO circle shortly after notification appears.
- Reverse HALO gestures changes behavior of dragging / tapping on HALO circle. Better to play with it or watch some youtube videos than describe this... Basics are: If enabled (default), then dragging is for tasking and double-tap swipe allows you to position circle or delete / deactivate it. If disabled, functions are reversed.

How to Blacklist / Whitelist apps?

Go to Settings > Apps > [Any App options] and there right under "Show notifications" checkbox you find either "Blacklist HALO notifications" or "Whitelist HALO notifications" according to policy set in HALO policy options.

What can I do using Paranoid Android HALO))) App?

Add some apps like Email, Gmail, Messaging, etc. using "+" button, press ">" button and you will see... You will have persistent notification in floating mode for those chosen apps. Try to drag HALO circle and you will get it.

How can I disable / deactivate HALO? (I don't want to see the circle on my screen)

Depending on your "Reverse HALO gestures" option:
- If enabled (default), then try quickly double-tap & swipe the circle. By this you will be able to position the circle or deactivate it by moving it to "trash".
- If disabled, then you can directly drag the circle. By this you will be able to position the circle or deactivate it by moving it to "trash".

How can I enable it again?

When HALO is deactivated, you can see special button in upper line of Notification drawer, that will activate it.

How can I uninstall HALO completely?

You can't. It is integral part of the ROM. You can only choose not to use it.

What if I cannot install .apk?

Wait for the next Nightly/Stable build. This will be solved. If you can't wait, then disable HALO, install what you need and enable it again.

Where can I find further information?

Take a look at this video by Oode.

I
Incremental download/update
What is the incremental download

This download allows all devices on the the direct lower version (for example the nightly 20130301) to update only the new and necessary files from newest nightly (for example the 20130302). This means a smaller file, a faster download and a faster flash!
This is anyway an experimental feature, which isn't available for all updates and can still bring some bugs with it!

How I do the incremental update

That for you have to look at the 'settings > update manager', search the newest nightly and check the point directly below the “normal” download. (it is only shown if u are on the directly below version!)
Download and flash it. (File is smaller than from "normal" download)

L
Lockscreen
How do I get shortcuts/targets on my lockscreen?

RootBox Settings > Lockscreen Shortcuts or RootBox Settings > Lockscreen Shortcuts/Targets.

How do I put cLock on my lockscreen instead of standard clock?

You have to drag clock on lockscreen. It will allow you to remove it. Then you can add cLock or any other widget instead. Note that cLock has only one setting that applies to homescreen and lockscreen.

How do I make cLock show my Weather and Calendar on lockscreen?

Rom Control > Lockscreen > Minimize Lockscreen Challenge.

How do I unlock faster when Minimize Lockscreen Challenge is enabled?

Rom Control > Lockscreen > Enable longpress to unlock.

N
NavBar
How do I change NavBar Color?

Rom Control > Navigation Bar > Navigation Bar color.

How do I enable NavBar transparency?

Rom Control > General UI > Transparency settings. See this post from descarao81 if you have problems with transparency using Nova or Apex Launcher.

Nightlies
What is Nightly? Should I flash Nightly or latest Stable version?

There is no major difference. Nightlies are builds which are built almost “every day” for everyone to try the latest sources/features merged to RootBox.
For all users who don’t want to flash “every day” and want have less bugs as possible, please just use the stable releases.

P
Pie
How do I enable Pie?

You activate it via “settings>RootBox settings>Pie controls”

How do I change the Color of Pie?

Settings > Hybrid settings > Interface.

How make I Pie open faster

Just set ‘quick’ in “settings>RootBox>Pie controls>Pie style”

S
Statusbar
How do I enable Statusbar transparency?

Rom Control > General UI > Transparency settings. See this post from descarao81 if you have problems with transparency using Nova or Apex Launcher.

How do I change the Statusbar behaviour?

Rom Control > General UI > Statusbar behaviour.
Here u have different options if/how the statusbar is/becomes visible for you.

What means the fast toggle for the Statusbar Toggles?

This will allow you to swipe from the right or left side of your statusbar (depending on what you choose) and it will go to your quick settings bypassing any notifications.

Everytime after reboot I got a “Low Storage” Message!?

It’s a problem which appears when the app ‘Viber’ is installed. Just move ‘Viber’ to sd card.
That for go to “settings>apps>Viber”

U
USB
I’m not able to connect my device as Mass-Storage to PC

Try deleting data from media storage. That for go to “settings>apps>all>media storage”

♦ Feature-Request-Ranking ♦

This ranking shows the five most wished features from RootBox users, which should be add by Bajee.
Wishes are shown by hitting the ‘Thanks’-Button of the feature request.
This nevertheless is no guarantee that it ever can or will be added!!!

Last update: 2013/02/13

♦ Call Recording
Nemotatu

♦ Option to choose weather service (for Chronus)
Floydfire

♦ Weather tile
yeeahnick

♦ LG Optimus G Lockscreen
stoleriko

ADDED FEATURE-REQUESTS

♦ Option to enable/disable camera sound
adriank87

♦ Paranoid Android - HALO
Hannibal226

Reactions: Mam_D and dagger

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro
♦ Known issues ♦

In general, RootBox has AOKP issues as it is based on AOKP and some CM issues as it uses some features from CM and CM kernel as well. This list is not complete list of AOKP / CM / RootBox issues. It is a list of known issues that are discussed by RootBox users within development threads or support thread.

• GPS locking problems [workaround: try this] - reported on 20130422 and confirmed on current builds / not all users are hit by this issue (maybe it is location specific are other way random occurring issue)
  • SMS gestures not working properly - always only 1st gesture works, multiple gestures not working [no workaround] - confirmed on latest Nightlies
  • Sound disturbances, mostly dropouts using BT headset or BT car kit [no workaround] - confirmed on 3.9.1 & 4.x & latest Nightlies / not all users are hit by this issue
  • Some users report freezes and other issues when playing games [no confirmed workaround known / setup with Dorimanx is working for some users] - not confirmed / not easy to reproduce / no relevant logs so far
  • Bluetooth DSP Manager settings not working (Speaker and Headset are OK) [workaround: use Speaker settings, it also influence Bluetooth audio output]- confirmed on 3.8 and further
  • When ending call via Bluetooth, phone freezes for several (about 3 - 5) seconds [workaround: be patient, it is really only 3 - 5 sec.] - confirmed on 3.9 and further
  • Custom ringtone setting can randomly disappear [workaround: put ringtone into /system/media/audio/ringtones (thanks to Computoncio for the tip)] - confirmed on 3.9.1 / issue status unknown for latest Nightlies
  • Developer Options > Simulate secondary display will cause boot loop [workaround: reflash the ROM or reset the option in database (thanks to Mr.H-DK for the tip)] - confirmed on 3.8

♦ Changelog ♦

Stable releases
4.2 - When flashing from Stable<=4.1 or Nightly<=0628, full wipe flash is recommended. In case of dirty flash, clearing of Contacts, Contacts storage, ROM Control is required.
  • RootBox OTA
  • RootBox App
  • CM Privacy Guard
  • New framework animations
  • RC: Ribbons fix custom selection for long press/swipe
  • Added power button to Pie
  • Recents improved
  • Hybrid Toggle: show DPI, layout, colors settings & app name
  • Quiet hours logic changed
  • Date format from Slim ROM
  • Gesture based lockscreen security
  • Added tile colors
  • Added 2G/3G option to profile connections
  • HALO: Completely hide Halo))) icons while tasking
  • HALO: Size adjustable
  • HALO: Long-press toggle action
  • HALO: Button on PIE
  • HALO: Can save last position now
  • HALO: Toggle
  • HALO: Lot of other improvements and features
  • Added support for Samsung extended AGPS
  • GPS updated (Samsung magic field added)
  • MALI driver for Exynos updated
  • RIL changed for Exynos 4 devices
  • ...Full Changelog

Older Stable releases

• Music Toggle added
  • Hybrid toggle on Ribbon
  • Option to choose New or Stock Recents window
  • Recents improved - Kill-all button options added
  • New hardware key remapping possibilities in RB settings
  • RootBox Settings in floating window when opened from RootBox Tile
  • PA Hybrid Toggle
  • Camera: Settings transparent
  • CM Sound panel in RootBox Settings
  • More PIE buttons
  • Rush battery
  • A bunch of new battery icons
  • Updated Battery, Circle Battery & Signal for Per-app color
  • Improved speedometer battery style
  • HALO: Color options + Circle color & effect color
  • HALO: Add master switch to disable Halo
  • HALO: New setting to pause active app
  • HALO by PA team added to RootBox
  • Ability to hide Profiles toggle in Power Menu
  • RootBox statistics added (About Phone)
  • Any unofficial builds are clearly distinguished when building
  • Menu overflow (3-dot) fixed
  • NFS support for i9100g
  • Improved auto-brightness handling
  • New stock kernel for i9100 & n7000 - CM smdk4412
  • Build with GCC 4.7 toolchain
  • ...Full Changelog
  • New Boot animation by Wiggierip
  • Hybrid Settings (PA Prefs) are back to RootBox (LCD Density & Xposed Per-App framework removed)
  • Backuptool merged to RootBox. You will no longer require to flash gapps after flashing a RootBox update
  • A lot of changes needed for compatibility with GCC 4.7 including linaro (Galaxy S2/S3 still compiled and built by 4.6)
  • Dark RootBox option in RootBox Settings and new Tile for it (credits to Kroz and SlimRoms Team)
  • Power widget within Notification drawer - settings in RootBox Settings
  • RootBox’s own Trebuchet launcher with PA commits for a better compatibility
  • Switching to SlimRom Camera with Smart Capture and Handsfree Capture modes
  • Permission management added
  • Performance Control removed
  • Phone: Blacklist
  • Phone: Allow voicemail notification to be cleared
  • Phone: Rejected calls as missed
  • Phone: Direct Call
  • MMS: App completely rebased
  • MMS: Option to strip all unicode characters from SMS
  • MMS: DarkRB - Respect Theme Chooser Bubbles
  • MMS: Add Text Area Size preference
  • Custom toggles added to Notification toggles
  • New sound files
  • Disable camera sounds option added
  • cLock: Added option to highlight the upcoming calendar events
  • Wifi: Get the list of supported channels
  • CM Lockscreen Targets reverted
  • Lot of kernel fixes and updates including MD5 sum fix
  • CWM: New version of recovery - 6.0.3.1 (allows cancellation of adb sideload)
  • Updated MALI driver to r3p1-01rel1
  • ...Full Changelog
3.9.1 (3.9 was removed)
  • RootBox Battery Speedometer
  • RootBox Battery SquareMod
  • RootBox Battery CircleMod
  • SMS notification breathing by Kroz
  • New charging animation by OlliG
  • Fixed i9100 low headphones sound issue
  • Increased statusbar notifications alpha to 90%
  • Switch to open source SuperUser
  • Pie toggle
  • Navring reworked
  • Pie: One finger swipe-up for notifications
  • Updated RB Settings & Update Center Icons
  • cLock: Add support for a small widget layout with weather
  • Menu target fixed in Pie
  • BT and other toggles fixes
  • Swap volume buttons when the screen is rotated by 90 or 180 degrees
  • DeskClock: Add option to toggle unlock on dismissal of alarm
  • Notification shortcuts
  • Toggles rewritten - Tiles / Traditional style
  • Option to show Wi-Fi network name in Notification drawer
  • Pie improvements
  • Reverted holo dark/light theme chooser for toggles
  • ...Full Changelog
  • Latest mali r3p1-01rel1 included in ROM and stock (CM) kernel - better graphics and memory support for i9100
  • New Sleep Tile - Turn off screen
  • New Icons for Quiet Hours - Credits: +Oliver Geith
  • Pie: Option to maintain PIE position, disregarding orientation changes.
  • Option to see through Lockscreen
  • Expanded Desktop - No more StatusBar in Lockscreen
  • Clock: Increasing Alarm Volume
  • Clock: Flip/Shake Actions: Snooze – Dismiss Alarm
  • Option to choose low battery warning: Popup dialog and sound – Popup dialog only – Sound only – Off
  • New WiFi and Signal icons: Credits to ParanoidAndroid
  • StatusBar Toggles Holo Light: All toggles are now Holo when option is enabled
  • New Toggle: RootBox Toggle – Access RootBox Settings (Thanks to +mark rodriguez for the icons)
  • Option to disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape mode
  • One touch profile selection (When you choose profile from Power Menu, you don’t need to confirm by pressing OK)
  • Long press Profile Toggle: Profiles Settings (Profile Toggle is still a work in progress)
  • Long Press Quiet Hours Toggle: Quiet Hours Settings (Toggle works but does not refresh status and icon, I will work on this)
  • AOKP Record Toggle: Record Voice through toggle (Record, Stop, Play)
  • Pie Updates
  • Lockscreen targets: Custom app icons are smaller and rounded corners of gallery icons
  • Quiet Hours: Fixed notification sounds playing when Quiet Hours enabled
  • Profiles: Lockscreen options (Insecure, Disabled, Default) fixed
  • Lockscreen NavBar: Little circle overlapping NavBar Buttons when PowerMenu or StatusBar dropped down on lockscreen
  • Camera: HDR rendering for every devices (Nexus 4 already has it)
  • FIX: Screen Delay timeout stuck @5 Seconds fixed
  • FIX: Pattern Lock FC fixed
  • FIX: Lockscreen Memory Leak fixed (this caused random reboots in previous release)
  • ...Full Changelog
  • Wi-Fi tethering fixed
  • APN settings fixed
  • LCD Density Changer
  • Ability to force dual panel at any dpi
  • Status Bar Hide toggle
  • Navigation Bar Autohide toggle
  • Quiet hours toggle
  • CRT screen on/off animations user defined
  • Increasing ring volume
  • Add support for FM Radio in Android
  • PIE: last app toggle
  • PIE: finecontrol for menu and search button
  • PIE: gap & trigger size
  • PIE: button color, battery juice color
  • PIE: many other improvements
  • Updated SuperSU and SU binary
  • Trebuchet replaced by AOSP
  • AOKP Torch replaced by CM Torch
  • Several Camera updates
  • Updated Icons - Credits: Kroz
  • Kill App on Long-Press Back Key
  • RootBox Settings layout cleanup
  • ...Full Changelog
  • Per-App DPI (and other) settings
  • PA Pie
  • CM Lockscreen Targets
  • Phone / Tablet / Phablet mode selectable
  • Volume adjust sound preference
  • Don't wake up device when charger is plugged/unplugged
  • Profile tile in toggles options
  • Power menu tile in toggles options (touch to Power menu, hold to Power off)
  • Wi-Fi: Automatically connect option added for every network
  • Camera: additional ISO modes
  • Camera: port additional settings from jellybean 4.1
  • Camera: storage selection
  • QuickSettings: add holo dark/light theme chooser
  • Lockscreen: provide haptic feedback on longpress unlock
  • Lockscreen: enable longpress on expand challenge handle
  • Lockscreen: option to use carousel animation when switching widgets
  • Lockscreen: add back lockscreen wallpaper
  • New toggle: sound state (ring/vib/silent)
  • MMS: port "Strip Unicode" feature from ICS branch into JB-MR1
  • Waking device with Home Button Fix
  • Show date on 2 lines in Status Bar (Useful for HDPI devices such as i9100)
  • Hide Statusbar Clock in Clock settings
  • FM Radio: Add support for FM Radio in Android
  • A2DP Fully working
  • Phone: Call statistics to Contacts
  • ...Full Changelog
  • Lockscreen Targets (PA)
  • NavBarColor
  • LockScreen: add option to minimize challenge when showing the lockscreen
  • Launch music player on headset connect option
  • Option to hide initial page hints
  • ...Full Changelog
  • CM Profiles
  • HSPA+
  • Expanded desktop
  • Statusbar and navbar transparency
  • CM Screen Security settings
  • Hardware key custom rebinding
  • Camera: support for various scene modes
  • Phone: noise suppression for phone calls
  • Phone: CM Advanced Phone Settings
  • ...Full Changelog
  • The major release based on Android 4.2.1. As a major change, this release requires FULL WIPE installation and new GAPPS compatible with Android 4.2.1. As this is the first release based on the new versions, there are some features still missing.
  • PAPrefs were removed.
  • ...Full Changelog
  • The last stable release based on Android 4.1.2 with all AOKP features and many CM cherry picks and features by Bajee like multitarget slider on lockscreen or PAPrefs. If you like those features, stay on this stable release, as some of them were removed or replaced by other feauters like brand new 4.2.1 lockscreen or Per-App DPI framework by Rovo89.
  • RootBox 3.2 Full Changelog

Nightly releases
No nightlies after latest stable release (4.3 merge in progress)
Older Nightly releases

2013/07/19
  • Completely hide Halo))) icons while tasking
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/07/18
  • System UI FC on HALO fixed
  • HALO size
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/07/16
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/07/14 - not released for i9100, i9100g and n7000 due to build server 2 outage
  • Lot of improvements and WIP on HALO
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/07/11
2013/07/08
  • Battery issue fixed
  • HALO long-press toggle action
  • HALO button on PIE
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/07/07
2013/07/03
  • Update mali r3p1-01rel1
  • HALO can save last position now
  • HALO Toggle
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/06/28
  • Added tile colors
  • CM Privacy Guard
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/06/24
2013/06/23
  • HALO issue with System UI FCs fixed
  • HALO HDPI icons
  • Rush battery
  • Pink background for HALO
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/06/21
  • PA Hybrid Toggle
  • Colour options for HALO
  • Option to completely disable HALO is back
  • HALO icons bigger than usual on i9100/i9100g will be fixed in next build
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/06/20
  • Graphics distortion / glitches fixed
  • RC: A bunch of new battery icons
  • More PIE buttons
  • Master switch to disable Halo reverted
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/06/18
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/06/17
2013/06/16
2013/06/15
2013/06/14
2013/06/12
  • HALO: New drawables for HDPI & MDPI devices
  • HALO: Installation of .apk works now
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/06/11
2013/06/10
2013/06/09 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
  • Settings random FCs fixed
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/06/07 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
  • Back to GCC 4.6 again
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/06/04 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
2013/06/02 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
2013/05/31 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
2013/05/28 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
  • ...Full Changelog
2013/05/14
  • Older PA Prefs for HDPI devices (including S2), i.e. screen layout of PA Prefs fixed
  • New sound files
  • MMS: Unicode stripping fixed
  • Ribbon toggles
  • Hidden Statusbar options
  • ...Full Changelog

♦ Kernel corner ♦

Stock kernel
RootBox uses CM kernel from CyanogenMod as a stock kernel. This kernel is very stable and battery friendly and stock kernel is always recommended mainly for users that do not have special demands. Please, remember that RootBox is multi-device ROM and it needs multi-device kernel. Creator of this ROM even do not own S2 and he cannot support alternative kernels for this device in any way. Therefore stock kernel is only kernel with the official support from Bajee11.

Download
Thanks to hawkerpaul’s knowledge is Hannibal226 providing stock kernels for selected builds here and here.

Non-Stock kernels
There are many RootBox users with S2 devices using non-stock kernels. Most popular and compatible are Dorimanx, KangBang and Siyah kernels.

Dorimanx
  • Dorimanx kernel is developed by Dorimanx (note that he is also RootBox user)
  • For current RootBox builds use 9.X branch
  • Changelogs, download links and other important info on development thread OP
  • Support, Q&A, discussion on non-development thread (Please, consider to ask there for support, if you have really kernel specific questions or issues, like STweaks, OC/UV, BLN, cron, etc.)

KangBang
  • KangBang is the kernet for AOSP based 4.2 ROMs.
  • It is based on CyanogenMod smdk4412 kernel, i.e. it is based on current stock kernel for i9100 & n7000.
  • It is modded to provide more schedulers, governors, BLN and other features.
  • It is available with CWM or TWRP recovery.

Siyah

kroz

Nov 14, 2010
Lipa
♦ Useful Links / Threads ♦

*This would simply mean that you can go to this thread links to read and gather some information,
and report there everything related with their corresponding apps (or whatever that thread was) which you think not a rom related issue*

*To be clear, It doesn't mean that all these apps or thread links are recommended by the developer to install or load in RootBox, still user's choice*

RootBOX outside XDA
Blog
G+
Facebook
Twitter
Github

Q&A
Ask and he has a LOT of answers for your urgent questions

Modem
Modem Collection 1
Modem Collection 2
Modem Collection 3
Modem Collection 4
Modem Collection 5

Apps / Tools / Mods
Themes Index - Theme Engine themes Collections
KrozMod Collection - various mods (background, lockscreen, etc...)
The Rom Fumbler - generate your own mods (battery, signal, etc...)
Multi-Dpi Playstore - useful if using lower dpi than 240dpi
BetterBatteryStats - should help with your wakelocks
GS2ROMWipe/Nuke Scripts - for full clean wipe
Online Nandroid Backup - backup without going into recovery mode
PA Prefs Backup and Restore Script - include this when updating rom

Guide
How to Logcat
Recovery vs Download mode
Set File Permissions
Recover Your IMEI
Get Rid of .thumbnails Large Size Folder

Videos

♦ Modifications for stock (system) theme ♦

Invert your stock Messaging

open messaging > hit menu key > settings > mms theme settings

Conversation List

Background
Custom Image: None
Main Background: #FF000000

Conversation List Read
Read Background: #FF000000
Read Contact: #FF33B5E5***
Read Subject: #FFCCCCCC
Read Date: #FF777777
Read Msg Count: #FF999999
Read Smiley: #00000000

Conversation List Unread
Unread Background: #FF222222
Unread Contact: #FF33B5E5***
Unread Subject: #FFCCCCCC
Unread Date: #FF777777
Unread Msg Count: #ff999999
Unread Smiley: #00000000

Messaging Style

Message Conversation Layout Style: Default layout
Show Contacts Avatar: Yes
Show Contact Names: No
Set Bubble Style: Bubble Arrow Side
Bubble Fill Parent View: No

Background
Custom Image: None
Main Background: #FF000000

Received Texts
Received Background: #FFEEEEEE
Received Contact: Disabled
Received Text: #FF000000
Received Date: #FF777777
Received Smiley: #00000000

Sent Texts
Sent Background: #FF33B5E5***
Sent Contact: Disabled
Sent Text: #FF000000
Sent Date: #FF777777
Sent Smiley: #00000000

***Colors of your choice, below are sample hexcodes
#FF33B5E5 - Holo Blue (stock aosp blue)
#FFFF0000 - Red
#FF00CC00 - Green
#FFFFAACC - Pink
#FF9966CC - Purple
#FFFFFF00 - Yellow
#FFFFFFFF - White
#FFFF6600 - Orange
#FFAA8855 - Brown
#FFCCCCCC - Silver/Light Grey

Colored Icons for RootBox Settings

change the color of your icons in RootBox Settings
i know that some themes don't support Rom Specific icons, so i made one for your color of choice that match your theme
go over in my thread for the download link and instructions
for any feedback/concern regarding the mod, post/ask in my thread and not here

SCREENSHOT

rbsettings_zpsf59b32f2.png

Last edited:

mythenmetz

Aug 5, 2012
Hey, anyone is using swiftkey and having also the problem that the keyboard i just usuable with 160dpi? I changed android system to 200, but can't use swiftkey because not all letters are visible (and with 160dpi it's really small...). Stock keyboard is okay, but when i longpress a letter not all options are visible (when i longpress . then i can't see the ? for example). Tried nearly all dpi/resolution with swiftkey, but can't get it to be visible without changing dpi to 160...

(Just a suggestion: maybe someone is posting some screenshots and which apps he changed in per-app settings, because i guess there will be many question like "how to make it look like dual panel; what is a good dpi and resolution for lockscreen" etc.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-25-17-41-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-25-17-41-32.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8,854
  • Screenshot_2013-01-25-17-41-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-25-17-41-44.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 8,707

kubics

May 28, 2012
Bratislava
Hey, anyone is using swiftkey and having also the problem that the keyboard i just usuable with 160dpi? I changed android system to 200, but can't use swiftkey because not all letters are visible (and with 160dpi it's really small...). Stock keyboard is okay, but when i longpress a letter not all options are visible (when i longpress . then i can't see the ? for example). Tried nearly all dpi/resolution with swiftkey, but can't get it to be visible without changing dpi to 160...

(Just a suggestion: maybe someone is posting some screenshots and which apps he changed in per-app settings, because i guess there will be many question like "how to make it look like dual panel; what is a good dpi and resolution for lockscreen" etc.)

I had the same problem. So far only way I know how to cope with it is not to change System UI DPI in Per-App settings. Instead I changed my overall system DPI to 200 and I am tuning DPI for some special apps then. See Help-Index for details on changing DPI.

Reactions: mythenmetz

yeeahnick

Aug 3, 2011
Here are the tiny issues ive encountered with latest nightly. (these might have been reported before, if so i am very sorry i havent kept track of this rom since the 4.2.1 updates)

1. Cant send MMS (this is probably normal cause i cannot modify APNs)
2. Cannot disable vibration on pattern unlock
3. Cannot use shortcuts with pattern unlock like in 3.2
4. My clock/weather lockscreen widget is too big (see picture)
5. I cannot manage to have status bar completly transparent when im on desktop, it is only fully transparent when im in lockscreen. Maybe due to Nova Launcher?

http://postimage.org/image/afv9k9xu9/
http://postimage.org/image/c1k4zez0z/

Last edited:

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM]♦♦♦GT-I9100 RootBox Official Support♦♦♦[Help-Index]

Here are the tiny issues ive encountered with latest nightly. (these might have been reported before, if so i am very sorry i havent kept track of this rom since the 4.2.1 updates)

1. Cant send MMS (this is probably normal cause i cannot modify APNs)
2. Cannot disable vibration on pattern unlock
3. Cannot use shortcuts with pattern unlock like in 3.2
4. My clock/weather lockscreen widget is too big (see picture)
5. I cannot manage to have status bar completly transparent, after i installed the rom it was transparent (with trebuchet launcher) but now its not (with nova) even if i set opacity to minimum, there is still a blueish background (see picture)

http://postimage.org/image/cjfaf9olv/

1. Yep APN, this seems to be the reason then.
2. I don't have any vibration on pattern lock. Do u have the pattern visible? (test to make it unvisble then)
3. Feature not implemented yet.
4. Seems to be the pattern block. Scroll it down (so that it's not shown) and the clock etc should be completely visible.
5. Tested and same here. With using a theme and Stock theme. So seems to be a small bug. Thanks for report.

CHEERS ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 running with RootBox

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

No prob for me with 220 dpi.
So try to wipe data off SwiftKey (settings > apps > all) after u changed the dpi and Reboot once.

CHEERS

Last edited:

yeeahnick

Aug 3, 2011
1. Yep APN, this seems to be the reason then.
2. I don't have any vibration on pattern lock. Do u have the pattern visible? (test to make it unvisble then)
3. Feature not implemented yet.
4. Seems to be the pattern block. Scroll it down (so that it's not shown) and the clock etc should be completely visible.
5. Tested and same here. With using a theme and Stock theme. So seems to be a small bug. Thanks for report.

CHEERS ;)

thanks for you help.

1. Thanks for confirmation
2. My pattern is unvisible, also tried visible, i still have vibration even if the box is unchecked =(
3. Thanks
4. Clock is fine when i bring down the pattern but on version 3.5 it would show correctly without having to bring the pattern down =( Its as if the weather fonts got bigger in the new version and i see the top of the weather widget. Before i wouldnt see remainings of the weather, i would see the time and the pattern. If i wanted to see the weather widget i would bring down the pattern.
5. No problemo, glad to see im not the only one =) I updated my post, the bar is completly transparent only on lockscreen but changes to blueish on desktop

Last edited:
Reactions: Hannibal226

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro

thanks for you help.

1. Thanks for confirmation
2. My pattern is unvisible, also tried visible, i still have vibration even if the box is unchecked =(
3. Thanks
4. Clock is fine when i bring down the pattern but on version 3.5 it would show correctly without having to bring the pattern down =( Its as if the weather fonts got bigger in the new version and i see the top of the weather widget. Before i wouldnt see remainings of the weather, i would see the time and the pattern. If i wanted to see the weather widget i would bring down the pattern.
5. No problemo, glad to see im not the only one =) I updated my post, the bar is completly transparent only on lockscreen but changes to blueish on desktop

2. Did u check already all lockscreen settings?
4. Yep it's not an optimal solution. I'll check this later on and maybe there is something u can do or maybe not so that we've to wait what bajee says.

CHEERS ;)

EDIT:
For me it's working fine on 220 dpi -Screenshot (only calendar entries aren't to see without scroll down the pattern).
So maybe u check the dpi settings once so that we can see if it's related to this.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B1ElIKSSAfGBLVVMUjFvQk1qU1E/edit

Last edited:
Reactions: Christiancs1969

yeeahnick

Aug 3, 2011
2. Did u check already all lockscreen settings?
4. Yep it's not an optimal solution. I'll check this later on and maybe there is something u can do or maybe not so that we've to wait what bajee says.

CHEERS ;)

EDIT:
For me it's working fine on 220 dpi -Screenshot (only calendar entries aren't to see without scroll down the pattern).
So maybe u check the dpi settings once so that we can see if it's related to this.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B1ElIKSSAfGBLVVMUjFvQk1qU1E/edit

2. I did take a look at every option possible for lockscreen, what i find weird is that the Advanced options in security become greyed out when i choose Pattern unlock, they only become available if i select slide to unlock =(

4. Ill try and tweak the DPI but im not a huge fan about changing DPI =S I was afraid it would be the only option

Thanks again!

mythenmetz

Aug 5, 2012
No prob for me with 220 dpi.
So try to wipe data off SwiftKey (settings > apps > all) after u changed the dpi and Reboot once.

CHEERS

Tried it, no chance. You changed systemui and android-system to 220 in per-app settings or just swiftkey... ?
Even when i change dpi with texdroider to 200, i can't change swiftkey or stock keyboard back to 240 with per-app settings without getting the problems again. Whatever, it's not the biggest problem, was just used to change everything as i wanted with PA without having such problems.

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Tried it, no chance. You changed systemui and android-system to 220 in per-app settings or just swiftkey... ?
Even when i change dpi with texdroider to 200, i can't change swiftkey or stock keyboard back to 240 with per-app settings without getting the problems again. Whatever, it's not the biggest problem, was just used to change everything as i wanted with PA without having such problems.

I changed the whole dpi via build.prop (should be ur try with textdroider)

Hmm strange...

Chema_F

Jan 23, 2012
Zaragoza
5. I cannot manage to have status bar completly transparent when im on desktop, it is only fully transparent when im in lockscreen. Maybe due to Nova Launcher?

1. 5. Tested and same here. With using a theme and Stock theme. So seems to be a small bug. Thanks for report.

You are not referring to this, are you? If yes, as I posted down the video the solution is: press home button and the installed launchers will appear to be chosen, choose Nova (Apex or whatecer) after clicking "Always".
I'm in the latest nightly (20130125) and my status bar is 100% transparent using Nova.

Just a suggestion: maybe someone is posting some screenshots and which apps he changed in per-app settings, because i guess there will be many question like "how to make it look like dual panel; what is a good dpi and resolution for lockscreen" etc

My usual setting when I change with "per-app" is DPI=180, resolution 800x1024, Tablet. Letters are maybe a bit small but I think it's the best aspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: yeeahnick

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro

You are not referring to this, are you? If yes, as I posted down the video the solution is: press home button and the installed launchers will appear to be chosen, choose Nova (Apex or whatecer) after clicking "Always".
I'm in the latest nightly (20130125) and my status bar is 100% transparent using Nova.

So I'm using Nova as standard and it's NOT 100% transparent.
And the request of standard browser only appears if u didn't set a standard one til yet, install a new launcher or wipe data of launcher.

So u want to tell us to delete data of launcher?

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ♦ Known issues ♦

In general, RootBox has AOKP issues as it is based on AOKP and some CM issues as it uses some features from CM and CM kernel as well. This list is not complete list of AOKP / CM / RootBox issues. It is a list of known issues that are discussed by RootBox users within development threads or support thread.

• GPS locking problems [workaround: try this] - reported on 20130422 and confirmed on current builds / not all users are hit by this issue (maybe it is location specific are other way random occurring issue)
    • SMS gestures not working properly - always only 1st gesture works, multiple gestures not working [no workaround] - confirmed on latest Nightlies
    • Sound disturbances, mostly dropouts using BT headset or BT car kit [no workaround] - confirmed on 3.9.1 & 4.x & latest Nightlies / not all users are hit by this issue
    • Some users report freezes and other issues when playing games [no confirmed workaround known / setup with Dorimanx is working for some users] - not confirmed / not easy to reproduce / no relevant logs so far
    • Bluetooth DSP Manager settings not working (Speaker and Headset are OK) [workaround: use Speaker settings, it also influence Bluetooth audio output]- confirmed on 3.8 and further
    • When ending call via Bluetooth, phone freezes for several (about 3 - 5) seconds [workaround: be patient, it is really only 3 - 5 sec.] - confirmed on 3.9 and further
    • Custom ringtone setting can randomly disappear [workaround: put ringtone into /system/media/audio/ringtones (thanks to Computoncio for the tip)] - confirmed on 3.9.1 / issue status unknown for latest Nightlies
    • Developer Options > Simulate secondary display will cause boot loop [workaround: reflash the ROM or reset the option in database (thanks to Mr.H-DK for the tip)] - confirmed on 3.8

♦ Changelog ♦

Stable releases
    4.2 - When flashing from Stable<=4.1 or Nightly<=0628, full wipe flash is recommended. In case of dirty flash, clearing of Contacts, Contacts storage, ROM Control is required.
    • RootBox OTA
    • RootBox App
    • CM Privacy Guard
    • New framework animations
    • RC: Ribbons fix custom selection for long press/swipe
    • Added power button to Pie
    • Recents improved
    • Added tile colors
    • HALO: Completely hide Halo))) icons while tasking
    • HALO: Size adjustable
    • HALO: Long-press toggle action
    • HALO: Button on PIE
    • HALO: Can save last position now
    • HALO: Toggle
    • HALO: Lot of other improvements and features
    • Added support for Samsung extended AGPS
    • RIL changed for Exynos 4 devices
    • ...Full Changelog

Older Stable releases

• Music Toggle added
    • Hybrid toggle on Ribbon
    • Option to choose New or Stock Recents window
    • PA Hybrid Toggle
    • More PIE buttons
    • Rush battery
    • A bunch of new battery icons
    • HALO: Color options + Circle color & effect color
    • HALO: New setting to pause active app
    • HALO by PA team added to RootBox
    • Menu overflow (3-dot) fixed
    • NFS support for i9100g
    • Improved auto-brightness handling
    • ...Full Changelog
    • New Boot animation by Wiggierip
    • Hybrid Settings (PA Prefs) are back to RootBox (LCD Density & Xposed Per-App framework removed)
    • Backuptool merged to RootBox. You will no longer require to flash gapps after flashing a RootBox update
    • A lot of changes needed for compatibility with GCC 4.7 including linaro (Galaxy S2/S3 still compiled and built by 4.6)
    • Dark RootBox option in RootBox Settings and new Tile for it (credits to Kroz and SlimRoms Team)
    • Power widget within Notification drawer - settings in RootBox Settings
    • RootBox’s own Trebuchet launcher with PA commits for a better compatibility
    • Switching to SlimRom Camera with Smart Capture and Handsfree Capture modes
    • Permission management added
    • Performance Control removed
    • Phone: Blacklist
    • Phone: Allow voicemail notification to be cleared
    • Phone: Rejected calls as missed
    • Phone: Direct Call
    • MMS: App completely rebased
    • MMS: Option to strip all unicode characters from SMS
    • MMS: DarkRB - Respect Theme Chooser Bubbles
    • MMS: Add Text Area Size preference
    • Custom toggles added to Notification toggles
    • New sound files
    • Disable camera sounds option added
    • cLock: Added option to highlight the upcoming calendar events
    • Wifi: Get the list of supported channels
    • CM Lockscreen Targets reverted
    • Lot of kernel fixes and updates including MD5 sum fix
    • CWM: New version of recovery - 6.0.3.1 (allows cancellation of adb sideload)
    • Updated MALI driver to r3p1-01rel1
    • ...Full Changelog
    3.9.1 (3.9 was removed)
    • RootBox Battery Speedometer
    • RootBox Battery SquareMod
    • RootBox Battery CircleMod
    • SMS notification breathing by Kroz
    • New charging animation by OlliG
    • Fixed i9100 low headphones sound issue
    • Increased statusbar notifications alpha to 90%
    • Switch to open source SuperUser
    • Pie toggle
    • Navring reworked
    • Pie: One finger swipe-up for notifications
    • Updated RB Settings & Update Center Icons
    • cLock: Add support for a small widget layout with weather
    • Menu target fixed in Pie
    • BT and other toggles fixes
    • Swap volume buttons when the screen is rotated by 90 or 180 degrees
    • DeskClock: Add option to toggle unlock on dismissal of alarm
    • Notification shortcuts
    • Toggles rewritten - Tiles / Traditional style
    • Option to show Wi-Fi network name in Notification drawer
    • Pie improvements
    • Reverted holo dark/light theme chooser for toggles
    • ...Full Changelog
    • Latest mali r3p1-01rel1 included in ROM and stock (CM) kernel - better graphics and memory support for i9100
    • New Sleep Tile - Turn off screen
    • New Icons for Quiet Hours - Credits: +Oliver Geith
    • Pie: Option to maintain PIE position, disregarding orientation changes.
    • Option to see through Lockscreen
    • Expanded Desktop - No more StatusBar in Lockscreen
    • Clock: Increasing Alarm Volume
    • Clock: Flip/Shake Actions: Snooze – Dismiss Alarm
    • Option to choose low battery warning: Popup dialog and sound – Popup dialog only – Sound only – Off
    • New WiFi and Signal icons: Credits to ParanoidAndroid
    • StatusBar Toggles Holo Light: All toggles are now Holo when option is enabled
    • New Toggle: RootBox Toggle – Access RootBox Settings (Thanks to +mark rodriguez for the icons)
    • Option to disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape mode
    • One touch profile selection (When you choose profile from Power Menu, you don’t need to confirm by pressing OK)
    • Long press Profile Toggle: Profiles Settings (Profile Toggle is still a work in progress)
    • Long Press Quiet Hours Toggle: Quiet Hours Settings (Toggle works but does not refresh status and icon, I will work on this)
    • AOKP Record Toggle: Record Voice through toggle (Record, Stop, Play)
    • Pie Updates
    • Lockscreen targets: Custom app icons are smaller and rounded corners of gallery icons
    • Quiet Hours: Fixed notification sounds playing when Quiet Hours enabled
    • Profiles: Lockscreen options (Insecure, Disabled, Default) fixed
    • Lockscreen NavBar: Little circle overlapping NavBar Buttons when PowerMenu or StatusBar dropped down on lockscreen
    • Camera: HDR rendering for every devices (Nexus 4 already has it)
    • FIX: Screen Delay timeout stuck @5 Seconds fixed
    • FIX: Pattern Lock FC fixed
    • FIX: Lockscreen Memory Leak fixed (this caused random reboots in previous release)
    • ...Full Changelog
    • Wi-Fi tethering fixed
    • APN settings fixed
    • LCD Density Changer
    • Ability to force dual panel at any dpi
    • Status Bar Hide toggle
    • Navigation Bar Autohide toggle
    • Quiet hours toggle
    • CRT screen on/off animations user defined
    • Increasing ring volume
    • Add support for FM Radio in Android
    • PIE: last app toggle
    • PIE: finecontrol for menu and search button
    • PIE: gap & trigger size
    • PIE: button color, battery juice color
    • PIE: many other improvements
    • Updated SuperSU and SU binary
    • Trebuchet replaced by AOSP
    • AOKP Torch replaced by CM Torch
    • Several Camera updates
    • Updated Icons - Credits: Kroz
    • Kill App on Long-Press Back Key
    • RootBox Settings layout cleanup
    • ...Full Changelog
    • Per-App DPI (and other) settings
    • PA Pie
    • CM Lockscreen Targets
    • Phone / Tablet / Phablet mode selectable
    • Volume adjust sound preference
    • Don't wake up device when charger is plugged/unplugged
    • Profile tile in toggles options
    • Power menu tile in toggles options (touch to Power menu, hold to Power off)
    • Wi-Fi: Automatically connect option added for every network
    • Camera: additional ISO modes
    • Camera: port additional settings from jellybean 4.1
    • Camera: storage selection
    • QuickSettings: add holo dark/light theme chooser
    • Lockscreen: provide haptic feedback on longpress unlock
    • Lockscreen: enable longpress on expand challenge handle
    • Lockscreen: option to use carousel animation when switching widgets
    • Lockscreen: add back lockscreen wallpaper
    • New toggle: sound state (ring/vib/silent)
    • MMS: port "Strip Unicode" feature from ICS branch into JB-MR1
    • Waking device with Home Button Fix
    • Show date on 2 lines in Status Bar (Useful for HDPI devices such as i9100)
    • Hide Statusbar Clock in Clock settings
    • FM Radio: Add support for FM Radio in Android
    • A2DP Fully working
    • Phone: Call statistics to Contacts
    • ...Full Changelog
    • Lockscreen Targets (PA)
    • NavBarColor
    • LockScreen: add option to minimize challenge when showing the lockscreen
    • Launch music player on headset connect option
    • Option to hide initial page hints
    • ...Full Changelog
    • CM Profiles
    • HSPA+
    • Expanded desktop
    • Statusbar and navbar transparency
    • CM Screen Security settings
    • Hardware key custom rebinding
    • Camera: support for various scene modes
    • Phone: noise suppression for phone calls
    • Phone: CM Advanced Phone Settings
    • ...Full Changelog
    • The major release based on Android 4.2.1. As a major change, this release requires FULL WIPE installation and new GAPPS compatible with Android 4.2.1. As this is the first release based on the new versions, there are some features still missing.
    • PAPrefs were removed.
    • ...Full Changelog
    • The last stable release based on Android 4.1.2 with all AOKP features and many CM cherry picks and features by Bajee like multitarget slider on lockscreen or PAPrefs. If you like those features, stay on this stable release, as some of them were removed or replaced by other feauters like brand new 4.2.1 lockscreen or Per-App DPI framework by Rovo89.
    • RootBox 3.2 Full Changelog

Nightly releases
    No nightlies after latest stable release (4.3 merge in progress)
    Older Nightly releases

2013/07/19
    • Completely hide Halo))) icons while tasking
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/07/18
    • System UI FC on HALO fixed
    • HALO size
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/07/16
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/07/14 - not released for i9100, i9100g and n7000 due to build server 2 outage
    • Lot of improvements and WIP on HALO
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/07/11
    2013/07/08
    • Battery issue fixed
    • HALO long-press toggle action
    • HALO button on PIE
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/07/07
    2013/07/03
    • Update mali r3p1-01rel1
    • HALO can save last position now
    • HALO Toggle
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/06/28
    • Added tile colors
    • CM Privacy Guard
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/06/24
    2013/06/23
    • HALO issue with System UI FCs fixed
    • HALO HDPI icons
    • Rush battery
    • Pink background for HALO
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/06/21
    • PA Hybrid Toggle
    • Colour options for HALO
    • Option to completely disable HALO is back
    • HALO icons bigger than usual on i9100/i9100g will be fixed in next build
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/06/20
    • Graphics distortion / glitches fixed
    • RC: A bunch of new battery icons
    • More PIE buttons
    • Master switch to disable Halo reverted
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/06/18
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/06/17
    2013/06/16
    2013/06/15
    2013/06/14
    2013/06/12
    • HALO: New drawables for HDPI & MDPI devices
    • HALO: Installation of .apk works now
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/06/11
    2013/06/10
    2013/06/09 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
    • Settings random FCs fixed
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/06/07 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
    • Back to GCC 4.6 again
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/06/04 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
    2013/06/02 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
    2013/05/31 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
    2013/05/28 - Not released for i9100 & n7000 - RIL issue fix in progress
    • ...Full Changelog
    2013/05/14
    • Older PA Prefs for HDPI devices (including S2), i.e. screen layout of PA Prefs fixed
    • New sound files
    • MMS: Unicode stripping fixed
    • Ribbon toggles
    • Hidden Statusbar options
    • ...Full Changelog

♦ Kernel corner ♦

Stock kernel
    RootBox uses CM kernel from CyanogenMod as a stock kernel. This kernel is very stable and battery friendly and stock kernel is always recommended mainly for users that do not have special demands. Please, remember that RootBox is multi-device ROM and it needs multi-device kernel. Creator of this ROM even do not own S2 and he cannot support alternative kernels for this device in any way. Therefore stock kernel is only kernel with the official support from Bajee11.

Download
    Thanks to hawkerpaul’s knowledge is Hannibal226 providing stock kernels for selected builds here and here.

Non-Stock kernels
    There are many RootBox users with S2 devices using non-stock kernels. Most popular and compatible are Dorimanx, KangBang and Siyah kernels.

Dorimanx
    • Dorimanx kernel is developed by Dorimanx (note that he is also RootBox user)
    • For current RootBox builds use 9.X branch
    • Changelogs, download links and other important info on development thread OP
    • Support, Q&A, discussion on non-development thread (Please, consider to ask there for support, if you have really kernel specific questions or issues, like STweaks, OC/UV, BLN, cron, etc.)

KangBang
    • KangBang is the kernet for AOSP based 4.2 ROMs.
    • It is based on CyanogenMod smdk4412 kernel, i.e. it is based on current stock kernel for i9100 & n7000.
    • It is modded to provide more schedulers, governors, BLN and other features.
    • It is available with CWM or TWRP recovery.

Siyah
    i would just like to thank all of you who trusted my nightly builds even though you know im not a developer
    those who had the guts to sacrifice their phone flashing my builds (i hope no s2 was bricked!)
    i appreciate all of that,
    now that bajee has a build server again,
    i will stop nightly releases,

thanks again guys :)

Sent from my Hue themed GT-I9100 using Hue themed Tapatalk 2
    GPS fix

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41259905

How about trying an old school solution?

1. Replace gps.exynos.so file @ system/lib/hw with
    attached file and set permission to rw--r--r.
    2. To confirm that is working install GPS Control SIRF Star IV from playstore,
    it will show from there if static navigation is enabled.

it is working for me but do it at your "OWN RISK"!

regards!
    ♦Feature-Request-Ranking♦ Added!

This ranking shows the five most wished features from RootBox users, which should be add by Bajee.
    Wishes are shown by hitting the ‘Thanks’-Button of the feature request.
    This nevertheless is no guarantee that it ever can or will be added!!!

♦For now we start to add requests to the F-R-R, when it's wished (thanked) by more than 5 additional users!♦

!PLEASE!
    Don't spam thread with senseless request...:
    - which are already requested before! (=> just hit thanks at the feature request post)
    - wich are senseless!
    - which only posted to get thanks!

CHEERS ;)

Let me say "Call Recording" ,Stupid feature but it's useful for someone who can easily forget his name like me :D

Edit : i'm kindda abandoned this request ,, cuz i figured out it will be very hard to get
    it's easy on sammy rom cuz the feature is already on it , all we do is restoring it back .
    Build uploaded, go grab it. Changelog will be up soon, once Goo refreshes.