Why should i root my moto g

Search This thread

Darkmind82

Dec 11, 2011
Dusseldorf
Hello dear friends and Moto g user. Since i own the G i feel so less tempted to root my phone.
Am i the only one who thinks that the G has a great firmeware and outstanding akku life?

I'm afraid that rooting and flashing a custom rom would effect the battery life.
So what do you think rooting and flashing a custom jay or ney?

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Bizdady

Jul 24, 2010
Moto G is still unrooted over here. Think this is the longest ive gone without touching a phone. Think it will still this way and Stock G is more than enough for me.

grahamgo

Jan 11, 2013
I have rooted my phone, but i only did this to provide a backup method, I like Titanium. I have been following a couple of the custom ROM threads for weeks and I just read of too many problems. The Moto G factory firmware is fine but if you want to tweak it some, just install xposed and whatever modules you need. I have done just this and I have got a sweet system that includes most of the tweaks we look for in custom ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

djscopesofm

Nov 7, 2009
Merrylands
technofaq.org
I rooted my Moto G to take full benefit of having full access to my device as I need it. More specifically, I did it to use Xposed modules like App Setting and the graphic card spoofer app GLTools. These are not necessary of course, but I feel like having custom DPI on an app to app basis should be a normal Android feature everyone should have access to without root.

Reactions: MS.

Mickeyvdb

Feb 21, 2014
I rooted my Moto G to take full benefit of having full access to my device as I need it. More specifically, I did it to use Xposed modules like App Setting and the graphic card spoofer app GLTools. These are not necessary of course, but I feel like having custom DPI on an app to app basis should be a normal Android feature everyone should have access to without root.

Besides the posibility to have full access to the phone I also rooted it to be able to block ads.

Reactions: djscopesofm

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
I ran the g stock until cm11 was stable enough for daily use. Now I am running PAC and loving the fact that this phone still has it great battery life as it did stock with my heavy usage. One thing I will say is if you have to ask to root then I don't think you need to.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gabling23

May 13, 2011
Is it possible to root the phone without unlocking the bootloader?

Inviato dal mio XT1032 utilizzando Tapatalk

Carlos_EVH

Jul 30, 2013
Malaga, Sp
If you root your moto g you can delete system apk, install xposed frameworks and its modules like gravity box, modify the governors of the cpu, the performance of the phone, etc.

Atomix86

Jul 5, 2011
If you need to ask this question then you shouldn't be rooting your phone.

Sent from my Google Nexus G - ;)

Reactions: jaramigo

grahamgo

Jan 11, 2013
@Carlos_EVH You mention delete system apk, is this one entity, or do you mean items such as Assist, Motorola migrate?

chiwiu

Jan 26, 2014
passneitor.wordpress.com
I rooted my phone to use Titanium as backup app (and to uninstall and freeze apps like Google+, Google movies, Google games and Google music).
And if you are root is easy to hide the carrier label, change the battery icon and the statusbar quicksettings (Xposed + gravity + motoguide).

For me stock is perfect at the moment (with customization) and Motorola has good updates at least until now :)

Sent from my Moto G

Carlos_EVH

Jul 30, 2013
Malaga, Sp
@Carlos_EVH You mention delete system apk, is this one entity, or do you mean items such as Assist, Motorola migrate?

All apks, for example, I deleted google +, google play books, play games, play músic and maps, I also deleted motorola migrate. And everithing works fine after I deleted all those apks.

But if I were you, just after unlock the bootloader or before root, I'd do a backup of all the system apk using the all in1 motorola moto tool because, if you delete system apk you won't be able to flash the future OTAs even if you reflash the stock recovery.

Sorry for the mistake, English isn't my first language

Enviado desde mi Moto G mediante Tapatalk

sciurius

Nov 13, 2011
johan.vromans.org
Two reasons to root:
1. You can make decent backups with Titanium Backup.
2. You can install a firewall that prevents selected (i.e., most) tools from sending your precious data to wherever they want.

Reactions: chiwiu

Sammy854

Nov 1, 2013
OnePlus Nord
But if you unlock the bootloader for rooting, the warranty will be void... In Europe also (I've just asked to amazon)

Inviato dal mio GT-P5110 utilizzando Tapatalk

Sammy854

Nov 1, 2013
OnePlus Nord
Directly from the answer:

Further to your query about Motorola Moto G 16 GB - Smartphone libre Android, I can confirm that all items sold by Amazon.it come with a 30-day returns guarantee that allows you to return your purchase to us if for any reason you are unhappy with it.*

Also, you are provided with a 2-year legal warranty from the date of delivery in accordance with the Consumers Protection Regulations, however the warranty only is applied on the product if it is damaged or if the product that you received has an issue, if the product is modified (Software or parts of the product) during the warranty time, this one will be void.*

wrj54

Jan 3, 2014
Directly from the answer:

Further to your query about Motorola Moto G 16 GB - Smartphone libre Android, I can confirm that all items sold by Amazon.it come with a 30-day returns guarantee that allows you to return your purchase to us if for any reason you are unhappy with it.*

Also, you are provided with a 2-year legal warranty from the date of delivery in accordance with the Consumers Protection Regulations, however the warranty only is applied on the product if it is damaged or if the product that you received has an issue, if the product is modified (Software or parts of the product) during the warranty time, this one will be void.*

A 2-year warranty? I thought it was 1 year. That's a nice surprise.

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
I think if you have to ask why, then rooting is not for you since you will probably not fully utilize it.

Reactions: jaramigo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have rooted my phone, but i only did this to provide a backup method, I like Titanium. I have been following a couple of the custom ROM threads for weeks and I just read of too many problems. The Moto G factory firmware is fine but if you want to tweak it some, just install xposed and whatever modules you need. I have done just this and I have got a sweet system that includes most of the tweaks we look for in custom ROMs.

Besides the posibility to have full access to the phone I also rooted it to be able to block ads.
    If you need to ask this question then you shouldn't be rooting your phone.

Sent from my Google Nexus G - ;)
    Two reasons to root:
    1. You can make decent backups with Titanium Backup.
    2. You can install a firewall that prevents selected (i.e., most) tools from sending your precious data to wherever they want.