[Help Needed] Flashing Kernel + Baseband on P4VZW Tab

Search This thread

EirikrHinnRauthi

Hi folks. I have a USCellular Tab 10.1 LTE (which identifies itself as a p4vzw and should work fine with VZW ROMs)

• Per the instructions in this XDA message posting I have installed CM10.1 + GAPPS
  • The message says I need to flash this kernel here. How do I do that? The webpage linked shows the source code, but I'm lost with what to do!
  • I have -no- LTE/CDMA radio and have a message which shows "unknown baseband" - again, supposedly the
  • I originally flashed from the FB01 firmware which is supposedly what I am supposed to use - thus, the Verizon baseband SHOULD allow me to connect.
  • Any thoughts?

I need to:

• Get help to flash that kernel
  • get help getting the radio working

(My original baseband information was as follows: CDMA i905.03 V.FB04 //////// LTE: SCH-i905.FB01

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
Not sure about the radio, but you don't have to flash that kernel. It is already packed into the ROM.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
As I recall, you first have to be on ICS and it's radios before flashing CM. I would recommend first flashing ICS for VZW then install CM 10.1

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EirikrHinnRauthi

I seem to be having trouble finding a Stock VZW flashable ROM. There is an update.zip which should run in the stock recovery, but I think I will need Odin or a CWM flashable ICS build.

Any thoughts? :)

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
I seem to be having trouble finding a Stock VZW flashable ROM. There is an update.zip which should run in the stock recovery, but I think I will need Odin or a CWM flashable ICS build.

Any thoughts? :)

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

www.sammobile.com

But I'm not sure if they have the stock ROM for p4vzw...

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

hawaiianwarrior808

Sep 15, 2012
Edwardsville
Its been awhile since I've been fiddling with my tab... Didn't find the stock files there.... Any ideas?

Any fix to this yet? I will never use my tab on a network, just want a better running rom and cant seem to find anything that works. Tried pershoots kernel but it just gets stuck at the samsung screen for more than 45 mins until i just hard reset and nand back to stock. I got this tsb for free, its just very laggy. Thanks for your time guys
Edit: basically i just want to verify that CM can and is working on this specific us cellular device.

Last edited:

joestark1981

Jan 31, 2014
Wixom
stock rom

Any fix to this yet? I will never use my tab on a network, just want a better running rom and cant seem to find anything that works. Tried pershoots kernel but it just gets stuck at the samsung screen for more than 45 mins until i just hard reset and nand back to stock. I got this tsb for free, its just very laggy. Thanks for your time guys
Edit: basically i just want to verify that CM can and is working on this specific us cellular device.

I have a couple stock roms for this device if you need them file:///media/joe/data/cm11/device/samsung/p4vzw
file:///media/joe/data/cm11/device/samsung/p4vzw/PDA_HC31_EG01Ba_AP352081user_CP1033580_LTE20110704_0708%20(2)%20Stock%20firmware%203.1.zip

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I have a couple stock roms for this device if you need them file:///media/joe/data/cm11/device/samsung/p4vzw
file:///media/joe/data/cm11/device/samsung/p4vzw/PDA_HC31_EG01Ba_AP352081user_CP1033580_LTE20110704_0708%20(2)%20Stock%20firmware%203.1.zip

PDA_HC31_EG01Ba_AP352081user_CP1033580_LTE20110704_0708 Stock firmware 3.1.tar
i think its honeycomb

well my zip or tar file is not loading it keeps erroring, the file name is listed above might be able to google it or i can maybe send it via dropbox or something if you guys need it

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

CM should work (cellular data) and the rom i use on mine, i am currently using it as wifi only, i use cm10.1 it runs really smooth and it allows a stable overclock which makes it run much faster, there are a ton of tweaks you can set another tip is to turn the window animation scale .5 as well as the other two transition and animator. If you need any help flashing shoot me a pm and i can walk you through

Reactions: hawaiianwarrior808

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    stock rom

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

PDA_HC31_EG01Ba_AP352081user_CP1033580_LTE20110704_0708 Stock firmware 3.1.tar
    i think its honeycomb

well my zip or tar file is not loading it keeps erroring, the file name is listed above might be able to google it or i can maybe send it via dropbox or something if you guys need it

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

CM should work (cellular data) and the rom i use on mine, i am currently using it as wifi only, i use cm10.1 it runs really smooth and it allows a stable overclock which makes it run much faster, there are a ton of tweaks you can set another tip is to turn the window animation scale .5 as well as the other two transition and animator. If you need any help flashing shoot me a pm and i can walk you through