[Q] Any of you switching to the new htc one or GS5?

Search This thread

Exfex21

Oct 17, 2013
I have been thinking about getting the s5 since I am on the jump program but I'm not so sure it's a better phone than my note 3.
Do you guys have any good reasons to switch or not switch ?

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have been thinking about getting the s5 since I am on the jump program but I'm not so sure it's a better phone than my note 3.
Do you guys have any good reasons to switch or not switch ?

The S5 is not an upgrade from our device at all, less RAM, slightly better CPU, not enough of an upgrade to jump to that device. now if you were on a s3 then yeah it would be.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
None of these newer phones have any must have features or much improved specs compared to the note 3. Depending on how much improved the note 4 is to the note 3 (majorly looking at larger internal storage options and hopefully android 4.5 or 5.0) I might even just wait til note 5 comes out. The note 3 is still "the real phone" to contend with and has lots of staying power.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Reactions: bipoler

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yea no other device holds my interest besides the note 4. Unless the next nexus device is made by Samsung. Hell even a better idea, Google should make the note devices their nexus devices. Killer specs for eons. Here's to hopes and dreams

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8
The Note 3 is my last Samsung phone for a while. The S5 looks great but it'll be KNOXed and the device tree will lag phone release by many months due to Samsung's anti-developer stance, we'll be fighting Samsung for any progress at all. So despite the best 5" display in a phone and huge battery it's only for the TW crowd.

OTOH HTC's M8 comes in developer edition, no bootloader lock, has prob 80% as good display, sdcard like Samsung, and far better camera too. They don't hate developers iirc. I'd rather support HTC esp considering none of these are cheap hardware.

If you have a Note 3 keep it and enjoy the best phone. If you have a S4 then upgrade to M8. S5 isn't worth it.

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
The 'All New' HTC One doesn't look as nice as the old one, in my opinion. The original One looked classy, this one just looks kinda regular. Also, the specs really aren't better than even the Note 3, let alone the upcoming Note 4.

As for the S5 (and the One), I don't think I could ever go back to a phone that small. My last phone was the original Note, and now with the Note 3, i've kind of settled into jolly green giant territory and will never leave. :)

If The next Nexus device were at least 5.5", I might be tempted to switch, but i'm not sure. Probably not gonna happen though.

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
No newly released, soon to be released, or later this year appears better than my Note 3. Only a Note 4 can make me upgrade at this time.

Ian B

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
S5 is like am S4+. Htc one the camera sucks. I'll be honest, if the One had a better camera I might have just gotten it. But now I'm just going to wait for the Note 4.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

M

Mohammed Atif

Galaxy s5

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

sfin54

Jun 20, 2011
West Palm Beach
I also am eligible for an upgrade on the Jump plan next week.
The only current phone that interests me is the Sony Z2, and it does not look like TMO will get it soon, if at all.

Kind of hate to "waste" the 6 month Jump. May just get the S5, then I'll have another free upgrade in time for the Note 4.
BTW, I confirmed with TMO that if you have the legacy 6 month Jump upgrade program, you will continue to be eligible to upgrade every 6 months for as long as you have Jump.

Not sure yet what I will do next week....

dipole

Sep 1, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I also am eligible for an upgrade on the Jump plan next week.
The only current phone that interests me is the Sony Z2, and it does not look like TMO will get it soon, if at all.

Kind of hate to "waste" the 6 month Jump. May just get the S5, then I'll have another free upgrade in time for the Note 4.
BTW, I confirmed with TMO that if you have the legacy 6 month Jump upgrade program, you will continue to be eligible to upgrade every 6 months for as long as you have Jump.

Not sure yet what I will do next week....

This. The whole reason I got jump was to jump around and try different phones. I will probably get the m8. If I don't like it,no big deal I will jump again in 6 months to the note 4 or nexus.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
This. The whole reason I got jump was to jump around and try different phones. I will probably get the m8. If I don't like it,no big deal I will jump again in 6 months to the note 4 or nexus.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I thought the same thing. If we're paying for jump, we should at least use it. I'm jumping to the M8. Seems nice. Then, maybe the Note 4. But if they increase the size on the new note by a lot, don't think I'll get it. Note 2 was big enough, note 3 is bare able. A bigger version would be to much for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see no sound reason to get a m8 nor a s5 as an Note 3 owner. I few at best minor features to get into another large purchase. If you got money to blow and really love technology, why not. I am a big Samsung fan. Mainly because of my experience with their devices and appliances. The heat rate thing is neat on the s5. But I plan on purchasing the gear 2 and can use that for heart rate. Sure the camera is better. But I don't take pictures for a living nor attend a photography group. IMO I really cant see the Note 3 being beat anytime soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    None of these newer phones have any must have features or much improved specs compared to the note 3. Depending on how much improved the note 4 is to the note 3 (majorly looking at larger internal storage options and hopefully android 4.5 or 5.0) I might even just wait til note 5 comes out. The note 3 is still "the real phone" to contend with and has lots of staying power.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
    HTC will never be in these hands. They suck

TWEAKED N3
    Why would you guys even consider the new HTC One?
    4MP ultra crap which is as bad as before and design wise, it's even uglier than the old one.
    It doesn't even record videos in 4k and I wonder why is that?
    Photo quality is a big deal for most of us and I even think the Note 3 is a step down in terms of photo quality compared to the Note 2.

I hope T-Mobile gets the Sony Xperia Z2 with 32GB internal storage but that may not happen until autumn. :(