Switch from lg ROM to asop?

Search This thread

dondadah88

Jan 5, 2007
I have had many phones in the past and I always root and flash cm/aokp/etc roms. But for some reason I love the stock lg ROM. The only problem I am haven't is no one is making kernels for the 4.4.2. Rom and I don't want to back track too 4.2.2.

Has anyone switch to the asop ROM and has been happy with it?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I have had many phones in the past and I always root and flash cm/aokp/etc roms. But for some reason I love the stock lg ROM. The only problem I am haven't is no one is making kernels for the 4.4.2. Rom and I don't want to back track too 4.2.2.

Has anyone switch to the asop ROM and has been happy with it?

well you do need to remember that 4.4 just came out about a month ago but it rolled out slowly and even now there are devices which haven't been updated yet plus the kernel needs to be modified to support the old boot and thus supporting custom recovery so people would need to incorporate that and the stuff they used in there previous kernels so we must be patient, plus today I saw the first kk kernel surface sadly it was for t-mo but that means can get one soon too

Edit: seems dorimanx might finally start working on kk kernel

Last edited:

dondadah88

Jan 5, 2007
Yea having a nexus 4 spoiled me by bad. But the nexus 5 is "half" the phone the g2 is. I'm currently looking at the cloudy roms something that doesn't have a lot of bloat in it but I can't live with out these features lg has incorporated in this rom

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Yea having a nexus 4 spoiled me by bad. But the nexus 5 is "half" the phone the g2 is. I'm currently looking at the cloudy roms something that doesn't have a lot of bloat in it but I can't live with out these features lg has incorporated in this rom

I've read a lot of good feedback on the the cloudystock and cloudypro plus I think the nexus is kinda bland in development sure it has a lot roms but there all the same aosp here there is variety flex/pro 2 and good devs/people

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

laydros

Jun 5, 2010
I've always run CM (since OG Evo) but I was pretty impressed with the G2 stock system. LG has one of the most bloated interfaces on the market, but the camera app was really good.

I pretty much immediately put CM on it, and I'm pretty happy. For one thing, the very important knock-on and knock-off work very well with CM11 M4. The camera isn't quite as good as it is from the stock rom, but it is solid. Certainly a step up from my Nexus 4 on CM.

I might go back and try the LG rom again some more, good luck.