Heating Up

Search This thread

Arren23

May 28, 2014
Padre Garcia
hi, im having a problem, is it normal for a custom rom to heat up my phone after about 5 minutes of using it? i mean while texting?
when it's in sleepmode evything coolsdown, but then after waking it up for about 5-10minutes it heats up, im using the governor
abbysplug and i/o sio. im not connected to the wifi or mobile data(never used data though). i turn off sync for all my accounts and
location is turned off, im currently using Carbon 4.4.2(06022014). and my battery drain is like 3-5minutes for every 1% of its juice. is it
normal? because when im in stock rom my battery last a lot longer. im using set-cpu and greenify as for my battery saving. oh and here's one
more problem, everytime a set a setting for example changing dalvik to ART, after i set it, and rebooted, i check in the setting it's back to dalvik.
also the read-ahead option for extsd everytime i set it up for 4000KB and thick the start on boot, after reboot it goes back to the default, same for my prefered network 2g/3g i always use 2g only but then after several minutes back to 3g again. please if someone can help me.

i did a fullwipe (System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache)
im using Aroma GAPPS
and Recovery is TWRP by Android-Andi
and the Rom is by New-Maclaw

jstath1972

Dec 27, 2013
For the heating up & battery consumption : It's 1GHz bug. Hung the WiFi and reboot. :good:
For changing from dalvik to ART : update your recovery with NovaFusion's last update and try again. Btw ART is working. :good:
As for the other problems are bugs of the rom : Update the rom and wait for repairs. ;)

Arren23

May 28, 2014
Padre Garcia
For the heating up & battery consumption : It's 1GHz bug. Hung the WiFi and reboot. :good:
For changing from dalvik to ART : update your recovery with NovaFusion's last update and try again. Btw ART is working. :good:
As for the other problems are bugs of the rom : Update the rom and wait for repairs. ;)

thanks for the response sir, i don't have a 1ghz bug, mine is playing around 200-1000, just updated my TWRP to 2.7.1 will try again to change the runtime.

Nov 6, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III Mini battery drain problem

This has only happened twice. It could be my phone overheating and that causes my phone to reboot and go from around 60%-70% to exactly 4%.
But maybe its something else, i'm not sure. My phone isnt rooted or anything. But i will root it once i get this fixed.
I have the SIII Mini, Model Number- GT-i8190, android version- 4.1.2. PLEASE HELP