[VGA/Portrait] [UPDATED! Jan 25/11] Swype Keyboard Chopped 'n Screwed

Please choose the most accurate description of yourself:

• Total voters
Search This thread

waterproof125

Nov 4, 2008
For whoever is interested,

I made my own skin for the Swype keyboard that looks like the HTC android keyboard but its only VGA portrait. I have no clue what will happen on a non-VGA phone. In landscape it is the original Swype skin because I don't need the landscape version.

BRAND NEW DESIGN! NOW WITH 2x THE AWESOME!
After a short experience with xdandroid I'm back in Winmo. Here's what's new, I'm calling it Swype 11 due to the new year:

To-Do:
- Finish Editing page
- minor tweaks/more colour

Jan 25th UPDATE

- More colour
- Finished Calculator page and almost finished Edit page
- the ^ on the symbols page was incorrect. I was actually a period (who knew?) so I fixed that

Jan 23/11 UPDATE

- I've decided to go a more colourful route, to help differentiate the buttons
- the two number/symbol pages are now done
- minor adjustments here and there

Jan 22/11 UPDATE:

- Using the 2.0 version because of previous preference and smaller size.
- I've totally revamped the previous version
- Both letters and symbols have increased in size, the ' is still pretty hard to see though
- Only small case, shift, and caps are done so far.
- I've improved my technique so I should crank out there rest relatively soon.
- I'm not gonna lie, it looks pretty damn good comparing the two

29-03 UPDATE:

My progress with the updated 2.0 version has been posted. The editing and calculator pages of the skin are not yet finished so my original skin is used for those.

25-03 UPDATE:

I've now started to update the keyboard and skin to the newer version (3.9.10.10.5032). I got the keyboard from PPCGeeks (cheers to jj62mtp, the second post). I know there have been issues but apparently this one does not cause any and it has worked flawlessly on my Telus HTC Diamond running MightyROM6. This skin isn't even close to being finished but again I'll only be doing the VGA Portrait version. Here's a taste of what I've got so far.

Files Below -

• Swype 2.0 (complete original 'android' skin): Android-Like Swype Keyboard.cab
  • Jan 25/11 UPDATE: Swype 11 Colour.cab

IF YOU DOWNLOAD THIS, PLEASE FILL OUT THE POLL! THANKS

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• SwypeRef_PT_Standard_wBlue_VGA.png
    SwypeRef_PT_Standard_wBlue_VGA.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 344
  • SwypeRef_PT_Blue_VGA.png
    SwypeRef_PT_Blue_VGA.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

cyanide911

Jun 28, 2009
Hey, can you tell me briefly how to skin for Swype? Maybe I can complete this skin/ make other ones.

waterproof125

Nov 4, 2008
Hey, can you tell me briefly how to skin for Swype? Maybe I can complete this skin/ make other ones.

Hey yea sure, all you do is open the .cab with a cab editor (I've used WinCe Cab Manager, but to download it's only a 30 day trial). In the files you then extract all the .bmp files, and then just edit them to this skin (lol I've been using paint so far). After they are skinned, replace the old skin .bmps in the cab and save it.

thanks for the help

ps. if you or anyone knows how to play with the programming for the swype keyboard could you let me know? I wanna change some of the 'hold' symbols, possibly add smileys and play with the button sizes.

Last edited:

waterproof125

Nov 4, 2008
Mate does this thing works on I-mate Jam with Cotulla wm6.5 rom??

Um... well my diamond whose resolution is 480x640 is running on mightyrom wm 6.5 and your resolution is 240x320 so if this program can adjust the skin for the size the ratio is still the same... the buttons might be a little small for you. but honestly you'll have to try it to find out. worst comes to worst i dont think it will crash your phone so no harm there (but dont quote me)

waterproof125

Nov 4, 2008

m0nkeyman

Mar 3, 2008
London
nice looking skin mate would love to use it on my hd2. Tried it but keys r to small lol. Hope that you do a wvga one. If d you do let me know and I will test for you. Thanks and keep up the hard work.

waterproof125

Nov 4, 2008
nice looking skin mate would love to use it on my hd2. Tried it but keys r to small lol. Hope that you do a wvga one. If d you do let me know and I will test for you. Thanks and keep up the hard work.

hey thanks sorry to say i don't think I will... I've gone over to android and I'm not planning on coming back :)

tiltuser031

Jun 29, 2010
Hey guys I have an HTC 8900 Tilt running WM6.1 and I installed swype 3.9. When I go to use the swype keyboard on the touchscreen, the keyboard was way too large for the touchscreen. The touchscreen fits less than half of the keys and theres no way under the options menu to fit the swype keyboard to screen. Attached is a picture of what Im talking about. Please help!

Attachments

• GEDC0033.jpg
    GEDC0033.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 54

waterproof125

Nov 4, 2008
Hey guys I have an HTC 8900 Tilt running WM6.1 and I installed swype 3.9. When I go to use the swype keyboard on the touchscreen, the keyboard was way too large for the touchscreen. The touchscreen fits less than half of the keys and theres no way under the options menu to fit the swype keyboard to screen. Attached is a picture of what Im talking about. Please help!

Don't know what to tell you... I was running 6.5 and your screen resolution is different... that might be the issue

waterproof125

Nov 4, 2008
thanks for filling the poll even if you don't use this :)

if anyone has any suggestions for the skin lemme know

rohitbaba

Jan 4, 2011
London
Skining the Keyabord

Hey Guys

I know to skin swype keyboard i need to edit .cab file, where is this cab file stored, i would like to make iPhone style keyboard can any one help.

Just to add i need to do it for desire hd.

thanks

Dev

Vladimirus

Sep 24, 2010
One major problem: if installed, then uninstalled, the original swype is uninstalled, too, and causes error message to appear when rebooting phone. Error message is something about a missing English file. To get swype back to working, I had to reinstall your version of it. And, the keyboard is a bit too small. My phone: A Samsung i920 Omnia 2 WVGA.

Anyone know how to get back the Samsung Swype version without hard setting the phone (not gonna happen), please let me know. I would appreciate the info. I've searched a couple other forums such as Modaco and PPCGeeks but Swype company has forced them to pull the file off their forums.