I need help NOW!

Search This thread

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds
Oh sorry, no I got my tablet to reboot. Its sitting on my desk idling in stock honeycomb right now. And it charges fine. I just can't get an RUU to run. There are 2 brightstars so I downloaded both, and neither work. Maybe there's a third one , but according the CID the brightstar one SHOULD work, it just doesn't. According the readme with the RUU the error I"m getting means incorrect RUU.

Ok so when you run the following commands you need to ensure that you type exaclty what is shown below

adb shell
$ su (make sure your screen is unlocked so you see a toaster notification if it appears)
# chmod 777 /data/local/misc_version
# /data/local/misc_version -s 2.27.1540.31

THIS PART IS ESSENTIAL FOR RUU TO WORK run the following command :

fastboot oem lock (this relocks the bootloader allowing the RUU to run correctly.

Then when you attempt to run the RUU you need to ensure you are using the following RUU

RUU_Flyer_BrightstarUS_WWE_2.27.1540.31_R_Radio_20.3504.30.089BU

p.s. if this works hit thanks pls

Last edited:
Reactions: Cor-master

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
As a side note if you do get to the Honeycomb rooted and ready I am working on a custom ROM that you could try ?

I tried starting a theme a while back but was having issues decompiling honeycomb system apps but I am going to attempt to put some time in soon. My wife has kanged my flyer for the last week reading books

Reactions: IOIDroid

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds
I tried starting a theme a while back but was having issues decompiling honeycomb system apps but I am going to attempt to put some time in soon. My wife has kanged my flyer for the last week reading books

Damn Women getting in the way of progress :D

That would be ace, i can do most other things now but not theming :/ is there any chance i could have this possible theme for my ROM ?

Fingers Crossed that this flyer is working when it has flashed RUU

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Not a pro theme guy but I did some work with miui themes a while back. I am guessing no news is good news.

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Let's not overstate my abilities. I get anywhere worth wild I will pm you. Time where I have my computer and flyer is limited. I have looked at some themes from other hc devices that I may try to port over. But I am a novice

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds
Let's not overstate my abilities. I get anywhere worth wild I will pm you. Time where I have my computer and flyer is limited. I have looked at some themes from other hc devices that I may try to port over. But I am a novice

okay, still sounds good :) i am also a novice at ROM dev but you never know could be real good :)

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Cor-Master, has this worked ?

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Yep I thanked you right away. I'm not on S-off and on gingerbread, which is really weird. I just got an HTC Vivid from AT&T and with gingerbread on, it literally seems more like a gigantic phone. I only used gingerbread a couple minutes on the flyer before now, as I ran the OTA as soon as I got it and I wasn't as familiar with sense then either as I was using a captivate.

EDIT: now back on honeycomb with S-off, root access, and CWM. Good to go! Thanks guys...whew that was a lot of work, or at least it seemed like it!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ruu won't run on an unlocked bootloader
    Oh sorry, no I got my tablet to reboot. Its sitting on my desk idling in stock honeycomb right now. And it charges fine. I just can't get an RUU to run. There are 2 brightstars so I downloaded both, and neither work. Maybe there's a third one , but according the CID the brightstar one SHOULD work, it just doesn't. According the readme with the RUU the error I"m getting means incorrect RUU.

Ok so when you run the following commands you need to ensure that you type exaclty what is shown below

adb shell
    $ su (make sure your screen is unlocked so you see a toaster notification if it appears)
    # chmod 777 /data/local/misc_version
    # /data/local/misc_version -s 2.27.1540.31

THIS PART IS ESSENTIAL FOR RUU TO WORK run the following command :

fastboot oem lock (this relocks the bootloader allowing the RUU to run correctly.

Then when you attempt to run the RUU you need to ensure you are using the following RUU

RUU_Flyer_BrightstarUS_WWE_2.27.1540.31_R_Radio_20.3504.30.089BU

p.s. if this works hit thanks pls
    As a side note if you do get to the Honeycomb rooted and ready I am working on a custom ROM that you could try ?