[MOD]Droid X2 Mirror APK

Search This thread

playin4sheezy

May 27, 2008
Baton Rouge
I just got a hold to my friends X2 and ripped the entire system partition from it which of course includes the Official HDMI Mirroring from Motorola. Pushing to my phone shortly to see if it works on the Atrix and if so I will be posting the APK. There are also some other nice apps on the X2 that arent included on the Atrix and if they work after testing, I will post them as well

dubyajaysmith

Apr 14, 2010
ATL
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=988852&page=9

I dl x2 system dump and pulled out apk and odex file. Was unable to push on my end. Above link leads u to where I uploaded apk and odex file to media fire. Hope someone has better luck! It's on page 9 (last page for now) of the thread.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Figure I'll make it as easy as I can and just c/p my post ^_^
So with the Droid X2 out now with the same chipset and HDMI mirror enabled could we use that app or service as our HDMI mirror service...with modifications of course

Good question! Anyone that has more knowledge of mirroring please check into. I'm going to search for that app from it...don't know anyone with x2 or I'd steal their phone for a day ^_^

Link to full dump
http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...roid-x2-system-dump-wallpapers-ringtones.html

apps found in dump
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubb7ro7cq5cm8h2

[EDIT] throwing in sys to see what happens, probably nothing but worth a shot

Last edited:
Reactions: msd24200

Man_of_Leisure

Feb 23, 2011
Atrix has a mirroring hack. Does the droid x2's mirroring have additional functionality?

X2 ships with gingerbread right? Ouch.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
any luck getting it to work? I've got a few things to do then will research, but i'm wondering if the x2 has the same hardware and if so can we get the fm radio to work. last I checked we have the fm radio it's just not enabled.

I dl x2 system dump and pulled out apk and odex file. Was unable to push on my end. Above link leads u to where I uploaded apk and odex file to media fire. Hope someone has better luck! It's on page 9 (last page for now) of the thread.

Good question! Anyone that has more knowledge of mirroring please check into. I'm going to search for that app from it...don't know anyone with x2 or I'd steal their phone for a day ^_^

Link to full dump
http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...roid-x2-system-dump-wallpapers-ringtones.html

apps found in dump

Last edited:

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Atrix has a mirroring hack. Does the droid x2's mirroring have additional functionality?

Our current HDMI mirroring hack only permits portrait mode which is a huge pitfall.

If this supports true HDMI mirroring for LANDSCAPE mode I can finally hit up the PSX and N64 emu on my TV and use the Wii remote!!! OMG!!! :D

Reactions: n1ckr0th

SN4K3B1T3

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver
any luck getting it to work? I've got a few things to do then will research, but i'm wondering if the x2 has the same hardware and if so can we get the fm radio to work. last I checked we have the fm radio it's just not enabled.

FM radio is initiated at the kernel level as far as i know, just using the app may not work, I tried with the Motorola Connected Music Player, it didnt work even after changing the region to the us maybe because im in Canada, but probably because its initiated at Kernel level

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
FM radio is initiated at the kernel level as far as i know, just using the app may not work, I tried with the Motorola Connected Music Player, it didnt work even after changing the region to the us maybe because im in Canada, but probably because its initiated at Kernel level

i just installed the apk, but can't even find it anywhere. you are probably right, they hacked the droid 2 to use it's fm, i'll try to look into that, i do hope that we get the mirror working that would be great, would love to have both working. i've been out of this for so long, I feel kinda lost lol. do you know if the x2 hardware is the same as the atrix?

here is the droid 2 hack

Last edited:

SN4K3B1T3

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver
i just installed the apk, but can't even find it anywhere. you are probably right, they hacked the droid 2 to use it's fm, i'll try to look into that, i do hope that we get the mirror working that would be great, would love to have both working. i've been out of this for so long, I feel kinda lost lol. do you know if the x2 hardware is the same as the atrix?

here is the droid 2 hack

not quiet sure, there both moto, there both tegra 2, they might be on a different board, not sure though, i live in Canada so for me to have a DX2 would almost be pointless, a dev should be able to edit the apk to shoehorn it onto the atrix

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
radio files

here are the radio files that I found in the dump, I'll look some more to see if there are more mirror files. I'm not rooted yet, I need to get off my butt.

Attachments

• droidx2FMradio.zip
    570.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

raybond25

Apr 26, 2008
Ottawa
i got a cm7 fm radio apk

force closes on opening tho, think also you need the right libs for fm to work properly
if you read the last post on the previous page and follow that link the lib files required for the droid x2 were included in that thread. i couldn't tell you to what extent those files are hardware dependent, but i will say wth and give it a shot on saturday when i will have more time and less work to do.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
The zip I put up has the bin, lib, apk, and some other files, I forget what they were

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
sorry guys, just with you saying app doesnt should. cm7 app shows in app drawer but force closes, maybe with those libs and bin files it may just work then

Attachments

• FM.apk
    372.3 KB · Views: 56

CyberPunk7t9

Aug 2, 2006
MN
Our current HDMI mirroring hack only permits portrait mode which is a huge pitfall.

If this supports true HDMI mirroring for LANDSCAPE mode I can finally hit up the PSX and N64 emu on my TV and use the Wii remote!!! OMG!!! :D

I saw some reviews of of the X2 on youtube couple of days ago and they were using HDMI mirroring in landscape mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got a hold to my friends X2 and ripped the entire system partition from it which of course includes the Official HDMI Mirroring from Motorola. Pushing to my phone shortly to see if it works on the Atrix and if so I will be posting the APK. There are also some other nice apps on the X2 that arent included on the Atrix and if they work after testing, I will post them as well

So with the Droid X2 out now with the same chipset and HDMI mirror enabled could we use that app or service as our HDMI mirror service...with modifications of course

Link to full dump

apps found in dump

i got a cm7 fm radio apk

force closes on opening tho, think also you need the right libs for fm to work properly
    Not wanting to troll but landscape mirroring would be a significant breakthrough to me at least.