[ROM][NIGHTLY] CM10 (Wingray/Stingray/Everest)

Search This thread

Steady Hawkin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2011
Seattle
CyanogenMod 10 For the Motorola Xoom
(Wingray, Stingray, & Everest)

iiAeqEtmaEaTK.png

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10 your device, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Wipe the data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Flash CyanogenMod 10.
  5. Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Changelog:

Wingray Nightly Changelog

Stingray Nightly Changelog

Everest Nightly Changelog

Gerrit Merge Changelog

Download Links:

Wingray (Wifi-Only)-

Nightly Downloads: link

Release Candidates: Pending

Stable Releases: Pending

Stingray (LTE)-

Everest (3G)-

Gapps-

Select most recent for 10.0.x: link

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Last edited:

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Awesome work, thanks so much. Now we have a thread to discuss CM10 rather than hijacking the CM9 thread

Sardo Numspa

Mar 29, 2011
Houston
If I use the gapps package above, my system partition maxes out at 252/252mb.
I know this has been an ongoing issue
Tried the EOS gapps package and now I've got room for adaware

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
For those having problems with system partition maxing out. Use this LatinIME.apk rather than the one that comes in CM10 stock. It is just English UK language and frees up 18mb or so. Of course this'll only work if you use english but here you go anyway.

Attachments

• LatinIME.apk
    5.3 MB · Views: 161

donatien97

Dec 3, 2007
CM10-Wingray-Nightly build: cm-10-20120912 - Screen orientation not changing

Hi.
I love the look of the CM JB builds. I loaded the 0912 nightly and noticed the automatic screen orientation wasn't working for me. I set the auto-rotate setting and it never would take.
I then tried to set Mantano Reader to have a portrait setting and it never took - it was only in landscape. Around that time I started getting "Trebuchet stopped" errors left and right to the point I just restored an older EOS build.
Thanks for the great work and I look forward to trying the latest build.

rmkilc

Nov 12, 2011
Vancouver, WA
www.rmkilc.com
Hi.
I love the look of the CM JB builds. I loaded the 0912 nightly and noticed the automatic screen orientation wasn't working for me. I set the auto-rotate setting and it never would take.
I then tried to set Mantano Reader to have a portrait setting and it never took - it was only in landscape. Around that time I started getting "Trebuchet stopped" errors left and right to the point I just restored an older EOS build.
Thanks for the great work and I look forward to trying the latest build.

Use 0913 build. Do NOT use any prior builds, as they don't have the sensor libs.

donatien97

Dec 3, 2007
Use 0913 build. Do NOT use any prior builds, as they don't have the sensor libs.

Thanks big time! I'll give it a shot.
BTW - should I do a full wipe and use Titanium Backup to restore apps or is it sufficient to just wipe the cache and flash. I know this has probably already been asked before, but...

Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 For the Motorola Xoom
    (Wingray, Stingray, & Everest)

iiAeqEtmaEaTK.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Wipe the data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Flash CyanogenMod 10.
    5. Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Changelog:

Wingray Nightly Changelog

Stingray Nightly Changelog

Everest Nightly Changelog

Gerrit Merge Changelog

Download Links:

Wingray (Wifi-Only)-

Stingray (LTE)-

Everest (3G)-

Gapps-

Select most recent for 10.0.x: link

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​
    Lots of stuff going on rite now but I wanted to give a few quick updates. We are aware of a few lingering issues with current builds that were working on. I personally don't put to much emphasis on build names (ex. Stable, M, etc). We are however going to to finish pushing the remaining stable builds soon. Most importantly, the Xoom has reached EOL in terms of AOSP support. What does this mean? For now it means we are still going to move forward with building and moving onto CM10.1, we may just have a few more hurdles then we would like. As always, your patience and support it appreciated and we look forward to 10.1. Long live the Xoom!
    We appreciate the patience guys. Were VERY close to pulling the trigger on CM10.1 nightlies! Just need to finish a few last issues with LTE on Stingray and well be good to go. Test builds are located on my G+, this thread will be updated as soon as were ready to flip the switch. As a side note, were truly blessed to have such a great community. You guys serve as a leading example as to why the Xoom and Android are so awesome, we really do appreciate it!
    Quick update:

Nightlies will go live sometime today or tomorrow for Wingray and Everest. As soon as the first builds are up and tested Ill create a new thread for CM10.1. For the time being Stingray will be left out due to an activation issue which we hope to resolve soon. Keep an eye out for the new thread, and as always thanks for your patience!
    Couple of quick notes & updates:

In regards to /system running out of space-

Allot of the ideas of cutting unneeded/wanted files from /system will work, as will moving some of the apk's from /system/app to /data/app. I have found the easiest route to go is to either use a modified version of the "official" Gapps floating around, or make your own Gapps package. Our team personally uses our own modified version which removes a ton of bloat, the total package is only about 23MB. We also recommend formatting /system when changing Gapps packages.

In regards to stability-

For the most part the builds are pretty stable IMO. We are aware of an issue with random freezes/reboots while using the web browser on occasion, which we are working on fixing. We are also working on a few other tweaks that should lead to an improvement in overall performance and stability. We are currently testing both as we speak.

In regards to Everest-

Yes, we know people want it. Yes, we are working on it. It will come in time, we are just trying to hammer out a few issues with the radio. If you are interested in helping test, the link is located deep in my G+ page (link to my G+ in my signature).

In regards to building your own source built CM10-

Everything you will need to build is located on the CyanogenMod GitHub page. You will also need to manually clone "TheMuppets" Wingray and Stingray vendor files.

Thanks for your support, and for choosing CM10 :D