[Q] update from Poland 4.4.2. KITKAT to German version

Search This thread

charly-whiskey

Jan 8, 2009
Soest
www.cwgc.de
Hi,

I am now on the 4.4.2 from Poland, rooted, no CWM, everything runs fine. I was wondering whether I could switch to the new German release. OTA says "System modified", Kies says "This is the newest firmware".

So, is there a way to switch or to set the system status back to official to get OTA update?

Thnx

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hi,

I am now on the 4.4.2 from Poland, rooted, no CWM, everything runs fine. I was wondering whether I could switch to the new German release. OTA says "System modified", Kies says "This is the newest firmware".

So, is there a way to switch or to set the system status back to official to get OTA update?

Thnx

Just reflash the Stock ROM so you're unrooted again, you can use Wanam to get Official status, however you won't be able to install the OTA update but it will download.

Reactions: charly-whiskey

charly-whiskey

Jan 8, 2009
Soest
www.cwgc.de
Just reflash the Stock ROM so you're unrooted again, you can use Wanam to get Official status, however you won't be able to install the OTA update but it will download.

Ok, but...

- if I flash stock rom from Poland, I will loose all data? I have flashed with the one-part-rom from Sammobile.
- I could also flash German Kitkat directly instead of the original Polish rom. Will that erase my data?

.Could anybody please provide the German update (Kies) for me to flash via Odin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thnx

You won't lose any data flashing it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app