[solved]Root installed, but can't replace 3e with cwm

Search This thread

pag-r

Feb 14, 2014
Hi.
Im kinda new with root, cwm and roms. But I've stucked in with one thing. I've got i9100 intl. I've wanted to install CM10.2 but, anytime i try to replace 3e with cwm, after reboot still 3e starts, so I can't go any further. In mid 2013 I've replaced old 4.0.4ICS with noncarrier XEO (Poland) 4.1.2 Samsung orginal. I've used Odin, and everything works fine. But now I would like to learn more about roms, but can't, couse cwm won't replace orginal 3e. If I did something wrong, please point me:).

Last edited:

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Hi.
Im kinda new with root, cwm and roms. But I've stucked in with one thing. I've got i9100 intl. I've wanted to install CM10.2 but, anytime i try to replace 3e with cwm, after reboot still 3e starts, so I can't go any further. In mid 2013 I've replaced old 4.0.4ICS with noncarrier XEO (Poland) 4.1.2 Samsung orginal. I've used Odin, and everything works fine. But now I would like to learn more about roms, but can't, couse cwm won't replace orginal 3e. If I did something wrong, please point me:).

install dorimanx kernel v8.43 via odin

Reactions: pag-r

pag-r

Feb 14, 2014

Ok. I will try, but what if I would like to test cm? Is this mean I can't install cwm recovery at all? Im new, like I've wrote, but not new in Linux. I thought that, if I can install cwm recovery that I would install anyrom I wish:). But I will try with dorinmanx anyway.
//edit
Kernel installed successfully. Does it mean, I can try to install cwm recovery or CM? How to remove yellow triangle which appears on the start?

Last edited:

Aello

Dec 24, 2013
Rome
Kernel installed successfully. Does it mean, I can try to install cwm recovery or CM?

Along with the kernel you should have a custom recovery installed, now, and proceed to mount any custom ROM you want to try out.

How to remove yellow triangle which appears on the start?

Q4: When I turn my phone on, I see a yellow triangle. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
It will appear if you have flashed a non-official kernel from download mode. If you flash kernels using CWM recovery, Mobile Odin etc. you won't get this yellow triangle.
The easiest ways to remove it are to use the app Triangle Away OR use a USB Jig.

pag-r

Feb 14, 2014
Thanks for help. Installing dorimanx kernel with cwm gives me oportunity to test CM and many others. Actually I need to export/import full contact list and text messages from stock to CM or any other rom and lastly be happy to use random rom:).
Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

install dorimanx kernel v8.43 via odin