[help] Offline wiki app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Hi, I'm looking for an app that allows me to view wikis in my phone offline, from my SDcard. I want to download the dump file of the wikis,not only wikipedia, but any other wiki, related to games, movies, etc., copy to sd card and use them with a reader.
I found 2 apps that can do that. The first one is fastwiki, which is very good, but it doesn't have images on wiki pages and they are a little messy with the quotes and images, they don't show it properly and the page doesn't have a clean aspect.
The other one is Leo's wikipedia reader, but i couldn't manage to create the wiki file.
Both of them comes with a xml converter to create the wiki file that the app will read. This allows me to view any wiki, not just wikipedia.

Please, if you know a wiki reader like those that's better, post here. Or if you know how to convert leo's file post them here.

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
Hi, I'm looking for an app that allows me to view wikis in my phone offline, from my SDcard. I want to download the dump file of the wikis,not only wikipedia, but any other wiki, related to games, movies, etc., copy to sd card and use them with a reader.
I found 2 apps that can do that. The first one is fastwiki, which is very good, but it doesn't have images on wiki pages and they are a little messy with the quotes and images, they don't show it properly and the page doesn't have a clean aspect.
The other one is Leo's wikipedia reader, but i couldn't manage to create the wiki file.
Both of them comes with a xml converter to create the wiki file that the app will read. This allows me to view any wiki, not just wikipedia.

Please, if you know a wiki reader like those that's better, post here. Or if you know how to convert leo's file post them here.

Can you please repost your question into the App Review, Recommendation & Discussion Thread.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.