Sending stuff with batteries FROM china - will it send ?

Search This thread

Igoritza

May 23, 2008
Belgrade
People please help me as I cant find any useful info via google:

Friend is living in China and wants to send me 3 mobile phones via China post, into Serbia.

We heard that Lithium batteries are now banned from shipping. He didnt find the time to go and check for himself as he is rather busy and we dont want to order before we are sure that it could be sent.

I searched some forums that deal with that issue and here is what I found

September 20, 2013 - along with Hong Kong post that already had Li-iOn banned, China post also banned Li-ion in shipping packages.

Several months after that, it was changed back to "one battery per one device" with connectors blocked, and single battery units without device cant send. < this is unconfirmed as it is only a random internet forum info without links.

Is it possible to send from China, via China post, a phone with the whole package (phone + accessories) without any problems ?

I've run into this as well when ordering tech from China.

They're saying it's because of tightened safety regulations, but we all know deep down they're just doing this because the big companies have started complaining that people are buying their devices for 90% less in China...

Because even Li-Ion batteries in a full fireproof container aren't getting through. So there goes the "It's a response to the batteries-started fire that downed a 747" excuse out the window... My batteries are more fireproof than their plane, but nope..

I've had 9 ordered phones with fixed and removable batteries refused by China Post.

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
UK regs say only if the battery is part of a device any batteries sent on their own will be destroyed. Try explaining that to an angry customer:D

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app