[ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.0.2][e980] PAC-ROM LP Beta-1

Search This thread

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
I'm sorry the late reply. With other ROMS, when the battery goes down I get 2 - 2:30 of screen on and when battery reach 25-30% it only get deep sleep after while with screen off.

With this ROM i get 3:30-4hr and it get deep sleep immediately. And I'm using the "stock" kernel.

PS: I always flashed the modem.zip correction for deepsleep mode.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

It's the E989

And madmack's modem is working without problems? Man, I'm amased a bit, mine is e988 and it didn't want to work with other modems :D

Rafael Luis

Jul 22, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
And madmack's modem is working without problems? Man, I'm amased a bit, mine is e988 and it didn't want to work with other modems :D
It's working pretty great so far, amazing battery and (besides the troll keyboard crashing twice) very stable. I've said before and I'll say again. This is the best ROM I've used ! And I'm sorry, I wasn't polite before. Thank you very much for the ROM :D

PS: This ROM has too many personalization (traffic data !!!!!) and I love that! But there is one thing that "bothers" me is it lacks the option of buttons on the screen (BACK, HOME AND MENU - I forget the name right now EDIT: NAV BUTTONS ) like nexus 4,5 .. If it's not too much trouble :D :D :D :D

PS2: I don't know anything about programming and etc. But if you need help, I can try to help!

Sorry for the bad english, I'm from Brazil.

Last edited:

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
It's working pretty great so far, amazing battery and (besides the troll keyboard crashing twice) very stable. I've said before and I'll say again. This is the best ROM I've used ! And I'm sorry, I wasn't polite before. Thank you very much for the ROM :D

PS: This ROM has too many personalization (traffic data !!!!!) and I love that! But there is one thing that "bothers" me is it lacks the option of buttons on the screen (BACK, HOME AND MENU - I forget the name right now EDIT: NAV BUTTONS ) like nexus 4,5 .. If it's not too much trouble :D :D :D :D

PS2: I don't know anything about programming and etc. But if you need help, I can try to help!

Sorry for the bad english, I'm from Brazil.

It's nav bar :D I hope it will be added later, it's not depending on me, unfortunately (I'm not involved in ROM development for now, my java knowledge is not that great for now, so I'd avoid messing up with that, so I'm just doing a device maintenance). If that depended on me, man, I'd feature the hell out of this one, but my job is to keep device buildable, stable, updated and functional.

Keyboard may be messing with you because of gapps (I don't know which pack are you using, I had no issues with jajb's), but if that continues, just disable stock and use Google's or another one

You can always test and report here, because you have an variant (e989). Most users have e980s or e988s (myself too), and since device-stuff is for every e98x variant, every word and report means a lot, especially from variants.

You can see how things get strange when madmack's e980 modem works on your model, but doesn't work on mine (I've tried it a year ago, when I first flashed my phone - it didn't want to sleep no matter what I do, for 5 days tried everything - from roms, modems which soft-bricked me twice, build.prop hacks, and in the end returned it back to stock and just said f*** it and flashed a clean rom, without app backup and bang - problems were solved until I restored damn mail settings backup - bad password :D), so many other things work for someone, someone else has crazy amount of problems, and someone doesn't have problems at all.

Your english is just fine :D Greetings and thank you :)

Rafael Luis

Jul 22, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
It's nav bar :D I hope it will be added later, it's not depending on me, unfortunately (I'm not involved in ROM development for now, my java knowledge is not that great for now, so I'd avoid messing up with that, so I'm just doing a device maintenance). If that depended on me, man, I'd feature the hell out of this one, but my job is to keep device buildable, stable, updated and functional.

Keyboard may be messing with you because of gapps (I don't know which pack are you using, I had no issues with jajb's), but if that continues, just disable stock and use Google's or another one

You can always test and report here, because you have an variant (e989). Most users have e980s or e988s (myself too), and since device-stuff is for every e98x variant, every word and report means a lot, especially from variants.

You can see how things get strange when madmack's e980 modem works on your model, but doesn't work on mine (I've tried it a year ago, when I first flashed my phone - it didn't want to sleep no matter what I do, for 5 days tried everything - from roms, modems which soft-bricked me twice, build.prop hacks, and in the end returned it back to stock and just said f*** it and flashed a clean rom, without app backup and bang - problems were solved until I restored damn mail settings backup - bad password :D), so many other things work for someone, someone else has crazy amount of problems, and someone doesn't have problems at all.

Your english is just fine :D Greetings and thank you :)

Hahaha, well then I can say that your job it's been beautifuly done! :highfive:

Keyboard it's fine now, just FC 2 times and in the first day. madmack always worked for me, in any ROM (I've used cyanogen 11 and 12, blisspop, ressurection). And when I updating, I've always clean install.

I never restore apps backup like titanium and etc., always f***s something up. :rolleyes:

PS: My gapps version it's 22022015 (probably micro)
PS2: Add the madmack modem info in the OP, maybe it helps someone
PS3: I don't care if I have to walk with a battery car in my back to charge my phone, I'M NEVER GOING BACK TO LG'S ****TY STOCK ROM! :mad:

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
Hahaha, well then I can say that your job it's been beautifuly done! :highfive:

Keyboard it's fine now, just FC 2 times and in the first day. madmack always worked for me, in any ROM (I've used cyanogen 11 and 12, blisspop, ressurection). And when I updating, I've always clean install.

I never restore apps backup like titanium and etc., always f***s something up. :rolleyes:

PS: My gapps version it's 22022015 (probably micro)
PS2: Add the madmack modem info in the OP, maybe it helps someone
PS3: I don't care if I have to walk with a battery car in my back to charge my phone, I'M NEVER GOING BACK TO LG'S ****TY STOCK ROM! :mad:

Those gapps are old, lol.

I'm using adb backup/restore now, works flawlessly for apps and app data, and messages, contacts, calendar etc get synced so that backups are not important that much. I'll make a short post about deep sleep, my experience and debugging because I see people don't like reading :))) as soon as my pc is back from service, so you're welcome to contribute with your experience and suggestions (you other cool guys are invited to the party, too). I'll post it and bookmark it, for science.

Welcome to the party, I'm glad to see you here xD

Sent from my Optimus G Pro

Rafael Luis

Jul 22, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Those gapps are old, lol.

I'm using adb backup/restore now, works flawlessly for apps and app data, and messages, contacts, calendar etc get synced so that backups are not important that much. I'll make a short post about deep sleep, my experience and debugging because I see people don't like reading :))) as soon as my pc is back from service, so you're welcome to contribute with your experience and suggestions (you other cool guys are invited to the party, too). I'll post it and bookmark it, for science.

Welcome to the party, I'm glad to see you here xD

Sent from my Optimus G Pro
I chose this gapps because i'm in 5.0.2, build 09/04/2015. I'm studying for a big test and I'm too lazy to update now hahaha.
I'm having a wonderful experience with the ROM, no complains so far!
And as suggestions:
1) NAV buttons
2) FREE RAM bar to the recents
3) You know that button above (that one that in the stock ROM opens LG ****ty notepad or whatever) the volume + button? Maybe add the option in BUTTONS to wake up the device, turn off, camera, create army of Sith kittens, etc etc.. :D

Good luck with the PC!

calitiskirby@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013
how's the latest update? I'm gonna give this ROM a try.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Are you guys still maintaining 4.4 or you totally moved to 5.x?

how's the latest update? I'm gonna give this ROM a try.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Are you guys still maintaining 4.4 or you totally moved to 5.x?

Its pretty good, u should give it a try ! I m still on 4.4 stock g3 base by bountyman..

calitiskirby@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013
Its pretty good, u should give it a try ! I m still on 4.4 stock g3 base by bountyman..

I will. I actually thought these threads are dead, the only development I thought is active was the Blisspop thread other than CM. Glad to see that OGP ROM developments are getting more and more active. This means more TOYS!!!

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I'm gonna try 4.4 first since I've never tried PAC before. DOWNLOADING!!!:D

tokinNballin

Jun 23, 2012
Butler
So I guess you took down the download link to the PAC-ROM 5.1? All I can find on the site is 4.4.4. Last time wasn't so well...I'm gonna give it another shot. :)

fastvan67

Jan 16, 2010
I hate to disturb the dead.. but..
Anyone have this rom and gapps? I just resurrected my old E980 and it has rooted 4.1.2.

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

Alright kids...my commits for 5.0 have been merged, so give us a little time and delicious Lollipop flavored PAC will be yours :)
    Aright to i have GAINED DEEPSLEEP FINALLY ! I know a lot of people have had issues with it ... And the way I did it was pretty simple and probably already talked about before. I flashtooled back to 10k stock... Kingo rooted...installed freegee....installed cwm on freegee.... Rebooted into recovery and wiped phone completely."I already have backups on my ext SD in case of something going wrong ". Flashed PAC ..Flashed Banks minimal with Google search....Then flashed madmacks modem... Booted up and added my account... Stopped the play store from downloading all my apps back... Wiped Google play services data completely.... Rebooted and let phone sit and it is deep sleeping .... Sorry about my bad way of explaining it but BOOM deep sleep and PAC at the same time
    Hope this helps somehow for someone to gain deepsleep

Hit thanks if you achieve it as well:D:beer:

:thumbup::D:beer::thumbup::D:beer:
    2SHAYNEZ
    quick update: I successfully compiled PAC 5.0 alpha. lollipop is pretty cool, and I would let you guys test it except I burned out two monitors this week and don't have a replacement... so all work is halted until then. a coworker of mine might have one for me Monday, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    rc2 stable

alright, rc2 stable build is here in the dev folder https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/pacman/e980/dev/

Other than the usual code cleanup, etc., all customization settings are now conveniently located under PAC settings.

next build will likely have a 3 in it :highfive: