Reverse Tethering

Search This thread

memphisraynz

Feb 6, 2009
Brisbane
I know lots of people including myself have been looking for a way to Reverse Tether, (use the PC's internet on Dream).

I have found a how to HERE which seems fairly straight forward. Havent been able to try it myself yet. Will attempt shortly.

I was wondering if the guys who put together the tethering app would be able to include this into their app to make it absolutely simple for users.

There is another way iv found HERE where it involves a few simple ABD commands. I jsut cant get my ADB to work correctly.

Danmalone72

Jun 1, 2009
I know lots of people including myself have been looking for a way to Reverse Tether, (use the PC's internet on Dream).

I have found a how to HERE which seems fairly straight forward. Havent been able to try it myself yet. Will attempt shortly.

I was wondering if the guys who put together the tethering app would be able to include this into their app to make it absolutely simple for users.

There is another way iv found HERE where it involves a few simple ABD commands. I jsut cant get my ADB to work correctly.

you had any luck with these yet? they are pissing me off!

memphisraynz

Feb 6, 2009
Brisbane
Iv followed both methods but i am still unable to get a connection.
I have been able to get the connection to show as a known WiFi

i Have also h once been able to connect to the Wifi networks but was unable to do any surfing. I wasnt sure if this was due to me having Win7. Though i did have ICS working.

I will have access to RTM soon and will apply that and give it another go.

If any devs can have a look at this aswell it would be awesome as i know alot of people would love to be able to use their laptop connect for internet access

Karolis

Jan 2, 2008
Does Android not support ad-hoc connections? Sorry for my ignorance, but I never needed to "reverse tether".

pistol4413

May 28, 2009
Philadelphia
looks cool

i would try it. but i have no use for it. also dont wanna edit the files. i dont want to screw it up. would be nice if someone from xda can make it noob proff

Danmalone72

Jun 1, 2009
I didnt really like 3.9.1 my one didnt have dialer or contact or anything ... like...sort of negates the fact that its a phone .Yeah btw i did manage to connect to wifi and all but the surfing would not work ... grr

Top Liked Posts