Is there any way to make the screen brighter for movies/videos???

Search This thread

cappa662

Dec 27, 2013
I can't watch any movies... its way too black!!!!!!!! Otherwise the tablet is perfect, but it would be nice to watch a trailer without trying to figure out what is happening.

Surfing the web = 10
Functionality = 10
QPair = 10

However watching videos = 1

Is there a fix or should I just return this tablet for something else?

malikadnanm

Apr 9, 2007
Philly
Uh... just turn the brightness up and turn off auto brightness. Or get MX player and... Turn up the brightness in the app's display settings

sent from Moto X

pike5

Dec 31, 2011
Brighter Video Playback

The "Filter Your Screen - Free" app has dramatically improved video playback using the LG Video viewer, BS Player, and MX Player. The settings that work for me are: Alpha 30; Red 200; Green 200 and Blue 220. I also set the Display Brightness in "Settings" to 85% or higher.

After viewing a video, I set the Brightness back to around 50% and turn the Screen Filter off and it seems to save the battery. I can only get about 5 hours of battery life with the brightness set high and the Screen Filter on.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Pman and cappa662

tonybhoy

Jan 27, 2011
glasgow
I'm the same I tried to watch a movie on YouTube and it was unwatchable think I might be trading this :(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
The "Filter Your Screen - Free" app has dramatically improved video playback using the LG Video viewer, BS Player, and MX Player. The settings that work for me are: Alpha 30; Red 200; Green 200 and Blue 220. I also set the Display Brightness in "Settings" to 85% or higher.

After viewing a video, I set the Brightness back to around 50% and turn the Screen Filter off and it seems to save the battery. I can only get about 5 hours of battery life with the brightness set high and the Screen Filter on.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the tip on this app. I will try it and update my thread to also recommend the app. I'm going to use it for a few days and see if it affects my battery life negatively. With the screen adjuster app running, I can easily go a day or two before having to charge my tablet.

Thanks

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
Thank you for the tip on this app. I will try it and update my thread to also recommend the app. I'm going to use it for a few days and see if it affects my battery life negatively. With the screen adjuster app running, I can easily go a day or two before having to charge my tablet.

Thanks

I have found Lux auto brightness FREE in Car mode makes dark scenes in movies much much better. No noticeable difference in battery consumption either.

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ

Hope this helps.

i'll try this today. I like this tablet but the brightness sometimes gets me upset. lol :p

general_z

Aug 28, 2011
Stockholm
jade.se
Install the screen adjuster app and turn the contrast up.I have mine set at -50 and makes a big difference.

This made it so that movies seemed to drop frames and causing the playback to be a tad jittery. Also the whole UI became slower and the level of microlag increased.

Isn't there a flashable fix for this instead of applying stuff that renders a "fix" in real time and thus causing misc gpu rendering problems?

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
Used filter my screen and it works like a charm. I see no playback issues while its on. I used it with MX player.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Brighter Video Playback

Hope this helps.
    Weird. Never had that problem

sent from Moto X