Windows Store Issue

Search This thread
Okay, not sure where to start, but my Windows Store quit working. I was doing a search in the store when it crashed. Every time I go to load it, I get a spinning circle and it just does this for an indefinite length of time.

So far, I have ran wsreset multiple times, both as administrator, and as a regular user. It still continues to be stuck loading. I also ran system file checker to see if there was any file corruption but it found no issues. Is there something simple that I am missing here?

Thanks!

frankynov

Apr 6, 2012
Namur
Hello !

I've got the same problem as yours, and I tried everything. Rebooting, use the MS tool to fix store problems, I even 'refreshed' the surface (RT 1st gen for me) but with the option to keep all the files and settings. No luck.
Then I created a new local dummy user account on the surface and the store was loading... But only for that user, not for me.
So I decided to backup everything in One Drive, and restore my surface from scratch... At the restore window, I chose to start without a previous backup and setup like a new device.
Now the store is loading properly. Sadly I have not found any other solution :(

tanith01

Jul 26, 2012
Okay, not sure where to start, but my Windows Store quit working. I was doing a search in the store when it crashed. Every time I go to load it, I get a spinning circle and it just does this for an indefinite length of time.

So far, I have ran wsreset multiple times, both as administrator, and as a regular user. It still continues to be stuck loading. I also ran system file checker to see if there was any file corruption but it found no issues. Is there something simple that I am missing here?

Thanks!

I had this problem and fixed it by changing my Microsoft Account password.
It then forced the app to ask me for a password.
With the new password entered, the Store and Skydrive worked perfectly. (No need to refresh the device)

I had this problem and fixed it by changing my Microsoft Account password.
It then forced the app to ask me for a password.
With the new password entered, the Store and Skydrive worked perfectly. (No need to refresh the device)

Thanks. I actually did refresh my Surface, but settings were a piece of cake to restore. And yes, the store works now. I will try this option in the future though.

jkentj

Apr 11, 2014
I had the same problem and I found a fix for it on in the microsoft knowledge base. I can't remember the details but it involved clearing the cache through the command prompt I believe.

You should just call MS support, I'm sure their tech would know exactly what to do.