I have a bot on my cellphone

Search This thread

pdiddy82

Apr 4, 2011
Background info
My phone is Samsung s3
Rom is cyanonegmod( i installed it using the tool on their website)
My skill level a very low
The only apps im running are from google play store

I think i have a bot on my cellphone. Earlier today I was looking for an email that had room reservation information from the silver legacy hotel. I have my exchange email linked to my phone so i used the search function in the email app to search for the word silver. The reservation was in the results list. But there where also bunch of outgoing emails that i never sent. The emails looked like spam, i opened one but didn't click on the link. The email had been sent to me from me according to the email, but these emails don't show up in my inbox or sent mail folder. These emails don't show up on any of my computers that have the my exchange email account synced to them. I think there is some sort bot running on my phone. I tried searching using google and the xda forum search function but i couldnt find anything to help me. Is there anyway to remove the bot with out resetting my phone? I've never heard of this happening, but i figured it would only be a matter time before someone figured out how to get bots on cellphones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-31-18-02-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-31-18-02-56.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2014-05-31-18-02-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-31-18-02-44.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 33

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Hi there, XDA Assist is mainly for navigational guidance within XDA. Your question is more general and would be appropriate in the General Q&A section. I have asked a moderator to move it for you. Good luck! :)

Reactions: pdiddy82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, XDA Assist is mainly for navigational guidance within XDA. Your question is more general and would be appropriate in the General Q&A section. I have asked a moderator to move it for you. Good luck! :)
    I would say they are in your spam folder, a lot of spam email spoofs the sender as the receiver email to get the person to open it. Check your spam folder and I bet they are in there.