[SOLVED] Accidently delete my OS.

Search This thread

setul34

Feb 1, 2014
Winnipeg
Hello,

i accidently delete my OS, and all data, and everything. i install Clockword recovery. but when i push ROM zip file into it, it doesnt go through, and it does it wont let me install i tried like 50 times and just 3-4 times i saw ROM zip file that i push in it through CMD.

HELP !!!! please if anyone can TV me .?

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hello,

i accidently delete my OS, and all data, and everything. i install Clockword recovery. but when i push ROM zip file into it, it doesnt go through, and it does it wont let me install i tried like 50 times and just 3-4 times i saw ROM zip file that i push in it through CMD.

adb devices
your phone serial will show here

adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard

the push takes some time it's 1.1gigs over usb 2.0
what error do you get installing it ?

setul34

Feb 1, 2014
Winnipeg
adb devices
your phone serial will show here

adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard

the push takes some time it's 1.1gigs over usb 2.0
what error do you get installing it ?

i use the same command. but when it shows zip file and i install it. it takes forever to booting logo. i tried 3 different roms and all of then got same thing.... it installs perfectly. and when i reboot my system it stuck at boot logo. every single time.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hello,

depending what ROM you are trying to install, you'll probably need to change your recovery

follow the [necessary] steps here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53270352&postcount=21

if you have other questions post back here, not in the faq sticky

setul34

Feb 1, 2014
Winnipeg

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
i used different recoveries for different roms. like i used Clockword for CM11 ... and whatevery recovery reuired for rom i installed that but didnt work

can you post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n), and CM11 has a different installation procedure/recovery i think, i've never ran/installed CM roms, so i wouldn't really know

Reactions: setul34

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Reactions: setul34 and nkk71

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
You just solved my problem thanks :) i was using older recovery

nice :good:

then hit the thanks button for alray,

and if all is good now, can you also edit main thread title to include [SOLVED],
edit the first post -> at the bottom of the edit window, click Go Advanced, and then you can edit main title

Reactions: alray

alray

May 22, 2012

and if all is good now, can you also edit main thread title to include [SOLVED],
edit the first post -> at the bottom of the edit window, click Go Advanced, and then you can edit main title

maybe you could (if you want) add in your post at C) Problem installing a rom that we need to use 2.7.1.1 for CM11 roms only (like said by CM team here)

Reactions: nkk71

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
maybe you could (if you want) add in your post at C) Problem installing a rom that we need to use 2.7.1.1 for CM11 roms only (like said by CM team here)

thanks, will update soon, is 2.7.1.1 the currently recommended one, or any 2.7.1.2+ version (due to wiping the os version text) better? is it the by-name support that CM11 needs?
i've never looked at CM roms, and doubt i will ever, so i'd very much appreciate your input :)

alray

May 22, 2012
thanks, will update soon, is 2.7.1.1 the currently recommended one, or any 2.7.1.2+ version (due to wiping the os version text) better? is it the by-name support that CM11 needs?
i've never looked at CM roms, and doubt i will ever, so i'd very much appreciate your input :)

Yes CM11 need a recovery with by-name support. It was introduced in the unofficial 2.7.0.8 build from http://mdmower.cmphys.com/ but this version is no-more available to download.

it was introduced officially in 2.7.1.1 which is the recommended version to use. So higher version from mdmower should also work (2.7.1.2 and 2.7.1.3 beta), I have not tested it myself, i'm not using cm roms neither.

• Official 2.7.1.0 for m4, m7, m7spr/m7wls, and m7vzw/m7wlv mistakenly did not include the necessary fstab support, so 2.7.1.1 was released for these devices, addressing the issue.
  • More recent unofficial builds of TWRP can be found at mdmower.cmphys.com. You'll find source code for all these devices linked there as well.

thanks

Reactions: nkk71

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i used different recoveries for different roms. like i used Clockword for CM11 ... and whatevery recovery reuired for rom i installed that but didnt work
    i accidently delete my OS, and all data, and everything. i install Clockword recovery.

you need twrp 2.7.1.1 for CM11 or use twrp 2.6.3.3/.4 for others roms.

can you post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n), and CM11 has a different installation procedure/recovery i think, i've never ran/installed CM roms, so i wouldn't really know
    You just solved my problem thanks :) i was using older recovery

Yes CM11 need a recovery with by-name support. It was introduced in the unofficial 2.7.0.8 build from http://mdmower.cmphys.com/ but this version is no-more available to download.

it was introduced officially in 2.7.1.1 which is the recommended version to use. So higher version from mdmower should also work (2.7.1.2 and 2.7.1.3 beta), I have not tested it myself, i'm not using cm roms neither.

• Official 2.7.1.0 for m4, m7, m7spr/m7wls, and m7vzw/m7wlv mistakenly did not include the necessary fstab support, so 2.7.1.1 was released for these devices, addressing the issue.
    • More recent unofficial builds of TWRP can be found at mdmower.cmphys.com. You'll find source code for all these devices linked there as well.

thanks