[Q] Help on to get a full software change

Search This thread

palomatE

Dec 23, 2010
Dear guys,
I've been trying to get my LGE975 international device to run on E97520a-EUR-XX, but I had no success on flashing. My device was running on E97510h-232-10, yesterday I updated to E97520a-232-10. If I flash back the E97510H_00.kdz via KDZ Updater in 3GQCT, CS_Emergency, but it says that my sw version is E97510h-232-10... My apps and settings are gone for some times, but my background image...

I think, that the "232-10" part is referring to an MCC-MNC code. It is saying that the referred carrier is the Austrian H3G. I checked the kdz file size, and it is matching with the referred download link on the following site http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=20

What I really want is that make a full, clear flashing procedure to get the original E97510h-EUR-XX, and then update to E97520a-EUR-XX via the official LG support tool.
  • What lg firmware (kdz or zip) should I use, and
  • what is the proper method (software, and setting) to flash the file?

Thank you for your reply,
YS, Mate Palocska

Last edited:

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel
You should use E97510H.kdz. I doubt it would work with the kdz updater, there is a better kdz flasher you can use. Flashing the E97520a.kdz will be exactly the same as updating via the support tool, so I'd recommend just flashing the 20a kdz.

palomatE

Dec 23, 2010
Is that makink a full clear, deep software change? For me, it seems like that only the characters stated with underline "_" in the SW version "E975___-232-10" are changing. :(
Not clearing my apps, even my background image stays the same :(
Should I make a hard reset before flashing? Or should I install a CWM and format the entrie /system partition?

palomatE

Dec 23, 2010
You should use E97510H.kdz. I doubt it would work with the kdz updater, there is a better kdz flasher you can use. Flashing the E97520a.kdz will be exactly the same as updating via the support tool, so I'd recommend just flashing the 20a kdz.

Is that makink a full clear, deep software change? For me, it seems like that only the characters stated with underline "_" in the SW version "E975___-232-10" are changing.
Not clearing my apps, even my background image stays the same
Should I make a hard reset before flashing? Or should I install a CWM and format the entrie /system partition?

palomatE

Dec 23, 2010
I'm a little confused here, if you flash a kdz it restores your phone to a factory fresh-like software state.

I'm gonna try out a french or some different kdz's to see if the last 2 tag changes. If so, I am using the wrong kdz.
I'm gonna report soon what happened :)
thanks for your cooperate :)

palomatE

Dec 23, 2010
No problem, any time.

So I tried to hard reset, and flash - SW version stayed [...]_232-10

Rooted, installed FreeGee, and flashed TWRP:
made a full wipe, including all caches, and system partition - no OS to boot.
put into download mode and flashed the kdz, same result

So it seems like that I'm using the wrong KDZ to install. (E97510H_00.kdz - 1 026 643 KB)

I really need the exact link to the KDZ to E97510H-EUR-XX :(

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel
So I tried to hard reset, and flash - SW version stayed [...]_232-10

Rooted, installed FreeGee, and flashed TWRP:
made a full wipe, including all caches, and system partition - no OS to boot.
put into download mode and flashed the kdz, same result

So it seems like that I'm using the wrong KDZ to install. (E97510H_00.kdz - 1 026 643 KB)

I really need the exact link to the KDZ to E97510H-EUR-XX :(

I have found the link to E97510D which is a little outdated yes but you can do a software update once you're installed. Here's the link http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW238386573210987654321/E97510D_00.kdz

palomatE

Dec 23, 2010
I have found the link to E97510D which is a little outdated yes but you can do a software update once you're installed. Here's the link http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW238386573210987654321/E97510D_00.kdz

Thanks for the link.
It seems like that my SW version is changing well 10H, 20A, 10D. But my version postfix "232-10" stays the same. As I wrote previously, is it possible, that the postfix number is referring to a specific carrier's mcc-mnc? If so, is it possible, that my bootloader somehow locked to that carrier, and no matter what eur-xx version is being installed, the sw version postfix "232-10" is every time stays the same?

alextirca

Mar 9, 2011
Bucharest
Thanks for the link.
It seems like that my SW version is changing well 10H, 20A, 10D. But my version postfix "232-10" stays the same. As I wrote previously, is it possible, that the postfix number is referring to a specific carrier's mcc-mnc? If so, is it possible, that my bootloader somehow locked to that carrier, and no matter what eur-xx version is being installed, the sw version postfix "232-10" is every time stays the same?

Have the same "problem' to 466-92 and I'm on Artmod that is v20A euro-xx based, flashed befor the euro KDZ and nothing, the same numbers.
I think is the flash method used, because I used the simple method that works with my windows 8.1.

palomatE

Dec 23, 2010
I dont understand whats wrong with having 232-10 as the sw postfix. Seems fine to me.

Well, the 232-10 version is not containing any information about my carrier (21601). Therefore when I'm on 3G, there are a lot of wakelocks keeping my device awake (like 1hr awake vs 12min screen time). After some research, it seems liket that this is because my carrier does not provide fast dormacy, and my device is not receiving any confirmations so the 3g modem wont close the connection after the data transmit completed. That is caught in the huge amounts of wakelock "msm_hsic_host", and the com.android.internal.telephony.ACTION_CHECK_NETSTAT alarm.

I tried to modify telephony.db / dcm_settings table, but there is no record for 21601, just for 21630 - which is an another carrier here). I modified the row to 21601 and turned fastdormancy to 0. The result is that there are still a lot of wakelocks, but from another activities. This wakelock-killing chain leaded to the point, where I had to disable a lot of google service that I find useful and innovative, and I'm getting tired of this.

I also tried to flash a custom kernel, but with the stock firmware, I found it impossible :(

I hope I can fin a solution soon :)

syverman

Jan 22, 2011
santiago
for me i locked in gsm mode, any thing i flash it just keep in gsm, i dont know what to do now, restore to carrier stock and its the same , some one what can i do?

palomatE

Dec 23, 2010
for me i locked in gsm mode, any thing i flash it just keep in gsm, i dont know what to do now, restore to carrier stock and its the same , some one what can i do?

maybe it is because somehow flashed an other country's modem, and that modem is trying to use a different frequency for 3G/4G/LTE, than your carrier does. so your phone cannot access the network throught that bad freq.

flash the corresponding modem from here http://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3AKIYS66ogAOUVOa2VjVjl1Uk0, and you might be getting correct 3G or LTE

Reactions: syverman

syverman

Jan 22, 2011
santiago
I've already tested and is not a problem with the modem, it is a problem with m9kefs1 file, which contains the information of the Radio, i can get signal, but only gsm, that is why i need to know if anyone can give me a copy of that file, ideally someone from South America, because that way I can replace it with the copy that i have of my efs folder that i made with freegee.

Top Liked Posts