DST Problem

Search This thread

solarboy

Feb 27, 2009
Same here

I've got a HTC TP2 and have the same problem, Lisbon (or Faro) is associated with Casablanca time. Also when I tap the clock in the home screen in my list of cities I have all Portuguese cities 1 hour behind London, which shouldn't be the case. Sometimes when I have the clock set to "my location" it is fine, then sometimes it resets itself to 1 hour behind. I missed an appointment for a €12000 contract on Monday. I have just emailed HTC support and will see if they bother to respond.

miguel_m

Apr 3, 2010
Lisbon
Deactivate Internet time sync

Hi everyone,

The way I "fixed" this was deactivating the "Internet time sync" on:

Settings > Data services > Internet time sync > Uncheck the "Get time from internet"

So far so good. Did anyone try it yet?

Miguel M.

doloresbf

Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone,

The way I "fixed" this was deactivating the "Internet time sync" on:

Settings > Data services > Internet time sync > Uncheck the "Get time from internet"

So far so good. Did anyone try it yet?

Miguel M.

Hi Miguel,
Yes, we've tried that. The issue here is that we should not be forced to lose those functionalities... :) Thanks, anyway.

HTC costumer support is now asking for my serial number... I wonder what they will ask for tomorrow!!

solarboy

Feb 27, 2009
HTC response

I too have been in touch with HTC, ...
Thank you for your reply,

Please note that the issue is currently under investigation and as soon as a solution is reached we will contact you.

We shall see....

I changed the settings for time zones with the program someone mentioned earlier but I was still left with the problem when selecting "my location" as my timezone. However, over the last 2 days the time seems to have fixed itself when using "My Location". This must use an online backend as it has far more cities than are contained within the database in the phone, so maybe they have fixed the online source for this data ( I hear people say it comes from Google)

RLacer

Apr 14, 2010
Hi

I'm having a problem (HD2) since the Winter time changed last month.:mad:

The phone didn't auto update the time and I had to change it manually.
Works fine till I update the weather application, when I do it changes back one hour... to "CASABLANCA GMT" instead of " LISBON, LONDON GMT".:confused::confused:

After that i need to go to Settings, extra, and then re-set my timezone from casablanca to london/Lisbon.
I can set it to casablanca manually and override the timezone, but then whem i syc with outlook all my appointments are one hour earlier!!!:eek:

.. and when I receive a text message it's always with the wrong hour.

I'm from Portugal and i travel a lot, so i use the weather preview a lot in "current location".

Please advise,

Ricardo

solarboy

Feb 27, 2009
OK, I just tried a solution that I found here...
http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/windows-phone/f/33/t/436.aspx
Basically, I went to settings>personal>phone>timezone and I UNCHECKED the tick box. Then I went back to the homepage, tapped the clock, tapped the time on My Location, and set it to the current actual time. When I did this, the times for Faro/Lisbon etc went 1 hour ahead. Then I went back to the phone timezone setting and ticked it again. So far so good ! I've updated my weather once and it knows I'm in Silves, and it set the time to GMT London Dublin.
Now to see if it sticks.....:D

solarboy

Feb 27, 2009
Nope it didn't stick. I'm going to try leaving "network time" unchecked. I think here lies the problem.

KapaGT

Nov 28, 2009
Barreiro
Hello,

Also from Portugal here :) and yes I have the same problem. HTC told me that they already now about this and they are trying to solve it and release a fix. Keep the pressure, open weekly tickets, that is bound to create a fuss.

Off topic: In Portuguese ROM our memory card is named "Cartão de Memória" and it screws lots off apps that start creating "Cart" or "Cartão de Memó" in the device and it is killing me softly.. lol Have you noticed this?

leodr99

Dec 30, 2008
Lisbon
I had the same problem with the EnergyROM. Solved it by setting the timezone via [Start] > [Settings] > [Clock & Alarms]. When I tried to set the timezone via Sense the option of choosing the timezone was grayed out. Maybe one of you overlooked it, too, like I did :)

It worked for me.
on the [Start]-[Setings][Clock & Alarms] the timezone is set to Casablanca, hence the problem with the DST :)
just changed it, et voilá! all is in sync, all around (time, calendar, sms's, emails...).

leodr99

Dec 30, 2008
Lisbon
Hello,

Also from Portugal here :) and yes I have the same problem. HTC told me that they already now about this and they are trying to solve it and release a fix. Keep the pressure, open weekly tickets, that is bound to create a fuss.

Off topic: In Portuguese ROM our memory card is named "Cartão de Memória" and it screws lots off apps that start creating "Cart" or "Cartão de Memó" in the device and it is killing me softly.. lol Have you noticed this?

One of the reasons, that made me to purchase the WWE version of the phone, instead of the PTG.
I feel your pain m8 :|

Wunderwaffe

Apr 15, 2010
Is there a permanent fix for this yet? I've spent hours trying to get things to work. :mad: This is ridiculous: all they have to do is tell those idiots at Google to correct the associations of the locations with the time zones, which should have been right in the first place! But they couldn't care less, because they don't give a f*** about their customers. As long as they have big profits, screw those idiots who buy their products.

I finally managed to use "My Location" and have the my location time right, even after updating the weather, by turning off the "internet time sync" and setting the time zone to "GMT London,Dublin" manually. However, every other Portuguese city in the World Clock is one hour behind. This is BS.

Last edited:

doloresbf

Nov 4, 2007
Hello, I don't know about you, but my problem seems to be solved (knoc on wood!). I can sync time and weather, and my Lisbon time is now correct.
Cheers

dtran00

Aug 25, 2010
unlocked Samsung Galaxy s DST fix (rogers carrier )

Hey guys i found this appo n the droid market called SMS time fix
get that.

run it.

-check active
-offset your hour( mine was 4 )
-check last resort.

this fixed everything for me.

cakira

Aug 6, 2007
Campinas - SP
I had the same problem with the EnergyROM. Solved it by setting the timezone via [Start] > [Settings] > [Clock & Alarms]. When I tried to set the timezone via Sense the option of choosing the timezone was grayed out. Maybe one of you overlooked it, too, like I did :)

It worked for me.
on the [Start]-[Setings][Clock & Alarms] the timezone is set to Casablanca, hence the problem with the DST :)
just changed it, et voilá! all is in sync, all around (time, calendar, sms's, emails...).

Great! I live in Brazil and I had this problem too.
In [Start]-[Setings][Clock & Alarms] the timezone is set to Buenos Aires (Argentina). I changed it to Brasilia and voilà! Everything is working fine.