[app] Red themed Market

Search This thread

Natemz

Aug 15, 2010
Nashville, TN
THIS IS FOR HDPI DEVICES ONLY

Here is a red themed Android Market 2.2.11. It removes the green colors on the icons and the app. Thanks to @santiemanuel for finding the files needed to change the green top header of the app.

Please do a nandroid backup before flashing this update.zip. Boot into clockwork recovery and select zip from sd card. Let run and reboot.

To increase the chances of this working, go into settings>applications>all and find the market. Select uninstall or uninstall updates. Due to a change in the apk when Google went to to the new Market, some permissions can become corrupted and cause FCs. If you uninstall updates or start from a fresh ROM it should work.

I am not responsible for any problems you might come across after installing this mod.Please only try this if you are comfortable with this type of hacking.

Download 2.2.11 HERE

Download OLD VERSION 2.2.7 HERE

RedMarket.png

Last edited:

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
thanks for this! I have a red theme, this will be perfect! Hope it works for mdpi. IF not, I have a fresh nand.

EDIT: so I signed this with zipsigner, still won't flash in recovery, is this ONLY for hdpi devices? or is something else missing?

Last edited:
Reactions: ljbaumer

PMGRANDS

Aug 15, 2010
Hartford, Connecticut
Here is a red themed Android Market 2.2.7. It removes the green colors on the icons and the app. Thanks to @santiemanuel for finding the files needed to change the green top header of the app.

Please do a nandroid backup before flashing this update.zip. Boot into clockwork recovery and select zip from sd card. Let run and reboot. If the market is updated beyond 2.2.7 it will overwrite this mod. I will try to stay on top of this and update as Google updates.

I am not responsible for any problems you might come across after installing this mod.Please only try this if you are comfortable with this type of hacking.

>>Download Red Market<<

snap20101219_140953.png

Wouldn't Work For Me Either, (Cdma-Hero)!!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
This is absolutely cool. Looks nice at my X-mas Themed NexusOne!
Merci!

leon sprouse

Feb 26, 2008
saint cloud , Florida
This looks really nice. Alas I have market 2.2.6 on my EVO. I tried to install this anyway but it wouldn't open. When I opened market it was still green so I removed the file from my phone. Just wondering isn't the 2.2.7 for Android 2.1 and not 2.2.

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Nice to see someone else get rid of that green, lol. I did for 2.2.6 several weeks ago and now have 2.2.7 in blue. It's strange though that it's hit or miss on the install. Only thing that I've had pretty much 100% success with is updating from an older Vending.apk, *prior* to the makeover. But everybody that's tried that method has gotten it to take.

Any chance we'll see a cyanogen blue theme for the market in the not so distant future?

Not exactly cyan, but it's blue:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=888330

Last edited:
Reactions: dianeofarcadia

leon sprouse

Feb 26, 2008
saint cloud , Florida
Nice to see someone else get rid of that green, lol. I did for 2.2.6 several weeks ago and now have 2.2.7 in blue. It's strange though that it's hit or miss on the install. Only thing that I've had pretty much 100% success with is updating from an older Vending.apk, *prior* to the makeover. But everybody that's tried that method has gotten it to take.

Please explain what you mean about updating from an older vending.apk. I did install 2.2.7 and then again the red zip and like before nothing happened

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS FOR HDPI DEVICES ONLY

Here is a red themed Android Market 2.2.11. It removes the green colors on the icons and the app. Thanks to @santiemanuel for finding the files needed to change the green top header of the app.

Please do a nandroid backup before flashing this update.zip. Boot into clockwork recovery and select zip from sd card. Let run and reboot.

To increase the chances of this working, go into settings>applications>all and find the market. Select uninstall or uninstall updates. Due to a change in the apk when Google went to to the new Market, some permissions can become corrupted and cause FCs. If you uninstall updates or start from a fresh ROM it should work.

Download 2.2.11 HERE

Download OLD VERSION 2.2.7 HERE

RedMarket.png
    Please explain what you mean about updating from an older vending.apk. I did install 2.2.7 and then again the red zip and like before nothing happened

I pulled out the Vending.apk from an older gappps, dated 11/10 I believe. You can download it through ClockworkMod. I pushed the older Vending in and ran the app just a bit, maybe flipped through a couple screens.

Then reboot into recovery, wiped caches, and flashed my zip. I only had this happen to myself once (I'm sure it was self inflicted with all the stuff I work on) but others have had success with it as well.
    Thx for the link to the blu market theme.
    No problem :)
    how did you make the market carrousel red. i looked in the folders of .pngs in the app, and i didnt see anything that could look like the carrousel

The header is not a drawable. It's all part of their Velvet UI, which is all in smali. The colors are hex codes in colors.xml so you won't see them untill you decompile. But to get the complete story, you should go to com/android/vending/velvet. In ArcPaintingUtils.smali, ArcView.smali, SlimArcView.smali, and SlimArcViewWithTabs.smali. (I think that's most of them) will be where they call out the id's that they are using. You can take that id and find what color it is in public.xml Then you can reference the id's back to public.xml to find out what it's actual name is.
    thanks for this! I have a red theme, this will be perfect! Hope it works for mdpi. IF not, I have a fresh nand.

EDIT: so I signed this with zipsigner, still won't flash in recovery, is this ONLY for hdpi devices? or is something else missing?
    Cool.

Any chance we'll see a cyanogen blue theme for the market in the not so distant future?