[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR][ICS] SPH-D710 FL24 (FL24 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

Search This thread

bds120

Aug 9, 2008
Just came back from JB. Its no where near stable enough for me. This bad boy GPS locked in seconds. Everything about this is good so far

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Does anyone have the md5 of the stock not rooted full restore and the stock rooted full restore? I downloaded the stock full no root and the internal md5 check failed. Had I flashed it through mobile odin, I might have borked the phone without knowing if I hadn't tried it on a computer first.

MoHoGalore

May 24, 2012
Farmington
Does anyone have the md5 of the stock not rooted full restore and the stock rooted full restore? I downloaded the stock full no root and the internal md5 check failed. Had I flashed it through mobile odin, I might have borked the phone without knowing if I hadn't tried it on a computer first.

If you have a bit, let me check the repo download against the original.

:edit: The Repo of FL24 Stock restore matches the Original MD5 of the file - I just downloaded again on the off chance that the move of the Repo had a corruption.

Same for Rooted Restore.

Stock Restore One Click, in exe form, MD5 = 0F3975A0831E73D6AC930DA8C4E80630
Rooted Restore One Click, in exe form, MD5 = C71A02F6E23621907AED88CA4E74B898

Stock Restore passes internal Check. See attached screen shot.
Rooted Restore passes Internal Check as well.

Sent from my GN2 or E4GT

Attachments

• FL24_OK.png
    FL24_OK.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 430
  • FL24_Rooted_OK.png
    FL24_Rooted_OK.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Thanks man. I redownloaded the noroot and it finally matched md5 and my rooted matched. Thanks for taking the time to do this. OP, could you include this information in the future? I'm not saying this out of disrespect.

MoHoGalore

May 24, 2012
Farmington
Yeah, that's my fault Oscar. I provided the one clicks for Gar since I was tied up that day and he posted. My apologies and I'm sure he doesn't think it disrespectful.

Sent from my GN2 or E4GT

Reactions: garwynn

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Anyone figure out how to get this into mass storage mode? Usb switcher is showing null and I don't see any settings.

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
From what I've read so far, when i get a free minute every once and awhile at work, sprint removed it. I don't like that you need special drivers are programs in order to get to the stuff on the phone. I don't know if it was plugging some sort of security risk or what the thought behind actually doing that was.

MoHoGalore

May 24, 2012
Farmington
Yeah, it's been an issue here and there with builds but that's the first I've heard, or paid attention to, that usb switcher app doesn't work.

But honestly, that function hasn't impeded anything I've needed to do.

Sent from my GN2 or E4GT

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
I can't figure out how to get it to play nice on xp. Kies is a pita and only lets you sync pics contacts or music. I can't get it to grab raw files yet. Weird with kies air that in the file browser mode, it's not showing all the files on the cards.

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
I can't figure out how to get it to play nice on xp. Kies is a pita and only lets you sync pics contacts or music. I can't get it to grab raw files yet. Weird with kies air that in the file browser mode, it's not showing all the files on the cards.

Did you try the 12/16 driver update? Was able to access everything in MTP mode...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

fredrick1213

Feb 26, 2011
Using this FL24 stock rooted. After the 2nd day of usage. Got about 53% by the end of the day. Almost 16 hours. See attached screen shot.:cowboy:

Previously, I tested JB version FL16 stock rooted. The battery life was horrible. Locked up a lot! Had to remove my battery from lockups more than 5 times.:crying:

Nice. What was your screen on time?

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
well I figured out what the problem was. I'm doing this speech to text with SwiftKey beta so things look retarded then that's why. I was searching online and found on the sprint forums somebody had mentioned that installing Windows Media Player 10 or 11. They were having the same problem as I was is an M TP driver was not installing with the correct Samsung drivers from December of 2012. I would switch to the different modes on the phone or USB connection and it still would not connect. After installing Windows Media Player in going through that or deal, windows finally recognize the phone and I could pull files off of it. So the thing with my setup was is I'm running a Macintosh with VMware Fusion and a barebones XP install just for the purpose of flashing phones and other radio equipment. And here I was getting ready to go out and buy windows 7 OEM. Hopefully this might help somebody else if they're having a problem with M TP

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

And even doing like it says to download the Macintosh Android file transfer program it still would not see it on a Macintosh side. I uninstalled the drivers and program and then reinstall it again but then change the phone to PTP camera mode unplugged the phone restarted it and restarted the computer then plug the phone back in and it finally worked for now. There are certainly a lot of people complaining that Android file transfer program for Macintosh very flaky sometimes works sometimes doesn't but mostly does not. They really need to fix that thing.

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
I don't have any proof nor do I know if its placebo or not. This last time around I flashed all of these on the computer and not through the phone. It seems like the system is behaving better and giving me better battery life by flashing using the computer. Maybe I should try the jelly bean flashes with computer and see how stable they are. So far on this release, it seems like everything is acting as it should. The only problems that I don't like is text to speech is sometimes limited and kind of fussy. Nothing seems broke. I guess I will run it out for a while longer and see if everything stays the same.

Sydius08

Sep 5, 2012
Trying to download the root version... downloading @ 70kbps. Hopefully this finishes soon >.<

Loremonger

Dec 2, 2010
Factory Restore or Not?

First of all, thank you everyone who made this available.

Usually when I flash my own stuff, I do a complete factory restore. However, I have a friend who only needs root access, and he's on FL24. So my question is this: If I flash this on his stock phone, will it maintain his apps and settings, or is this the equivalent of a factory restore?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: kchannel9

MoHoGalore

May 24, 2012
Farmington
First of all, thank you everyone who made this available.

Usually when I flash my own stuff, I do a complete factory restore. However, I have a friend who only needs root access, and he's on FL24. So my question is this: If I flash this on his stock phone, will it maintain his apps and settings, or is this the equivalent of a factory restore?

Thanks in advance.

Have them use the no data version. Should be ok but give the standard warning that errors may occur.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credits
    Thanks go to the following:
    - MoHoGalore for the repacks and one clicks (I'm just posting on his behalf today!)
    - sfhub for many hints on how to do this - I'm just trying to help fill in while he's away.
    - sextape for FL24 leak
    - rwilco12 for advice and hosting
    - rainmotorsports, dev-host for hosting
    - Forum Members for their support and hopefully feedback on these builds!
    Make sure you give them any thanks for this build - they did far more than I on this! :highfive:

This is a match of sextape's FL24 leak with only root added.
    This means it should behave completely as if it is stock or released by either OTA/Kies.

ICS Notice
    This is widely expected to be the final official ICS release for this device.

Link to One Click Thread (SXTP Developers)

Link to FL24 Kernel + Agat's tREC v0.2.2
    Why would this join the legacy devices? There is still development on JB. This is just the last ICS build.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

If the rumors are true then we only have about 2 mos left on the support contract between Sprint and Samsung.
    That's not to say it couldn't be extended... ;)
    Version 0.4.0 out. Includes some governors.

I'm going to be looking at how to get this stuff over to Virgin and Boost while letting Agat continue to add features already in older kernels... that way we're not stepping over each other! :highfive:

If you have a bit, let me check the repo download against the original.

:edit: The Repo of FL24 Stock restore matches the Original MD5 of the file - I just downloaded again on the off chance that the move of the Repo had a corruption.

Same for Rooted Restore.

Stock Restore One Click, in exe form, MD5 = 0F3975A0831E73D6AC930DA8C4E80630
    Rooted Restore One Click, in exe form, MD5 = C71A02F6E23621907AED88CA4E74B898

Stock Restore passes internal Check. See attached screen shot.
    Rooted Restore passes Internal Check as well.

Sent from my GN2 or E4GT
    There's no modem.zip available for FL24? Can't completely flash on phone only then, forced to use the computer for real odin or one click.

Will put one together on Monday. First request for one...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2