Next/previous track headset buttons resistance

Search This thread

matii_ziomek

Dec 20, 2010
Tarnów
Hi guys,
I searching a resistance value for next/previous track headset buttons.
I found 220 and 600 Ohms, but this work for me as Volume Up / Down.
Finding this is really hard without special tools ( I have only multimeter), so maybe someone knows these values? or will check in some damaged headset?
Thanks for help.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
220 / 600 ohm sounds like right values for volume, according to: http://www.instructables.com/id/Galaxy-Nexus-and-others-headset-remote-with-medi/

For next/prev usually you need to use Play/Pause button where double-click skips to the next track and triple-click skips to the prev track. With a wired in-line remote - only 3 buttons are supported, Play/Pause and Volume Up/Down. With Bluetooth, its a different story since that wireless protocol supports separate Play/Pause, Volume Up/Down, and Track Next/Prev.

Reactions: matii_ziomek

matii_ziomek

Dec 20, 2010
Tarnów
Ok, thanks for reply
But I found next button with 1kOhm resistance, whose work as "back to first track in queue"

Last edited:

matii_ziomek

Dec 20, 2010
Tarnów
i tried all values to 10kOhm (every step: +150 Ohm)
Summary:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 to ~100 Ohm work as Play/Pause and Google Search when long pressed;
~220/600 Ohm work as Volume Up/Down;
~1000 Ohm work as "back to first track in queue" or "enter" in some cases;
- next/prev track - double/triple click Play/Pause button
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So there is no other way for next/prev track than double/triple click Play/Pause button.
Cheers ;D

Reactions: vectron

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    220 / 600 ohm sounds like right values for volume, according to: http://www.instructables.com/id/Galaxy-Nexus-and-others-headset-remote-with-medi/

For next/prev usually you need to use Play/Pause button where double-click skips to the next track and triple-click skips to the prev track. With a wired in-line remote - only 3 buttons are supported, Play/Pause and Volume Up/Down. With Bluetooth, its a different story since that wireless protocol supports separate Play/Pause, Volume Up/Down, and Track Next/Prev.
    i tried all values to 10kOhm (every step: +150 Ohm)
    Summary:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0 to ~100 Ohm work as Play/Pause and Google Search when long pressed;
    ~220/600 Ohm work as Volume Up/Down;
    ~1000 Ohm work as "back to first track in queue" or "enter" in some cases;
    - next/prev track - double/triple click Play/Pause button
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So there is no other way for next/prev track than double/triple click Play/Pause button.
    Cheers ;D